• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Gragas has a pretty ridiculous trading early levels cause of his auto attacks and everyone's CD are pretty high that time (and low Cd = run out of mana faster anyways)

Lux's niche is gibbing you in one combo. Gragas doesn't really get gibbed due to W. lux has no escape so Gragas has an easy time setting up ganks for his jungler to come in once past level 6

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah, if Japan taught me anything girls like Lux beat the bigger men all day.
If Japan taught ME anything, it's that shiny white schoolgirls get ***** regardless of the man. Being fat only makes it easier.

Buttcheddar.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah it all depends on what side of Japan you're watching.

Also thanks to P3 I'm enjoying GP again, gauntlet shiv op. I'm not putting a point in E before lvl 8 tho.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This Zac goop champ seems fun... might have to play this game again to try him out. Karma seems incredibly uninspired after the rework, kind of like a mashup of your average AP mids without the nuances of play that made her cool to the die hard fans (though her artistic redesign is pretty legit). Here's hoping Trundle's playstyle isn't overhauled too much... because I can't say I'm a huge fan of his lore and design changes... though I realize this might increase his appeal.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Is Corki really not so relevant in this meta right now?

He may be one of those carries that needs an AS buff, but otherwise, he may be sleeper not-half-bad as a hurricane builder. Armor Shred, plus applying 10% to 3 targets, life steal, etc.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
PBE has Tiger Stance reverted back to magic damage. I have mixed opinions.
The magic damage is significant early game, but to be honest I was really looking forward to dumping on people lategame with armor pen with primed Tiger Stances.
Once you factor in something like Bulwark, MR/level runes and whatnot it being magic damage limits its effectiveness as you get into the game, and his inability to properly get penetration, Udyr basically turns into a CC bot lategame regardless of going Phoenix or Tiger.

bassem6

Smash Lord
today i realized dphat was right

getting diamond means practically nothing anymore LOL
Why do you feel this way? I would argue its a notable milestone and anybody who achieves it certainly has a high level of knowledge and understanding of the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If I had a nickle for every time I read a post on here, reddit, or the League forums that read "Getting _____ means nothing."

I'd have a dollar or some nonsense. :applejack:

Niko45

Smash Master
while diamond doesnt have any value, I think people who aren't even diamond shouldn't make such condescending remarks lol. While most diamond players suck, that just mean that if you aren't diamond ATM you're just trash at the game.
I don't mean to be condescending, my bad. Getting diamond itself just seems like a grind that anyone can do really, how fast you get it is another story.

And it definitely doesn't mean ur trash if ur not diamond lol. I see my boy Hax$ and M3ta, neither diamond, and one is even GOLD stomping on a 5 man diamond 1 squad (of semi pros, no less). Doesn't mean SQUAT.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Sorry to burst your bubble but in team play, a team that has good communication but are lesser skilled can beat a team of pro with no communication. 1 win against them in normals don't mean anything and sorry to inform you hax and friends are most likely trash at this game. I beat pros in solo que all the time does that mean Im good? No.. I know I suck and if played in a serious environment with 1000s on the line they will play significantly better. there's a reason they are getting paid to play this game while we try our hardest in normal/rank queue these guys don't give a flying **** since they dont need to prove to anyone their skill level since they are living the good life. These guys don't care about their rating in ranked games then why would they even show the slightest interest in normal queue?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
it's one thing to have diamond in hundreds of games. Another for getting it in less than 100. Which i've seen plenty of though nowhere near as much as the former.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
someone tell me what happened to trundle, why is he an ice troll, what else have I missed while I let monster hunter take over my life????

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anyone have any advice on why my game keeps getting unplayable lag/disconnects? I got a new hard drive for my laptop recently, and it only seems to happen while playing League, haven't had any problems elsewhere. I'll be playing a game, and suddenly get "attempting to reconnect" and then check my wireless status, and it will say it's having problems. Disconnecting -> reconnecting usually puts me back in the game, but often with massive lag and another disconnect eventually. While this happens, no other computers in the house seem to have any problem with the internet, so I'm pretty sure it's connected with League. I never had a problem like this before my old hard drive died. I've updated all the drivers I can find, just been playing bot games to test it but it's still happening :/

It cost me a ranked game last night, then today I played another with no problem, but the game I played immediately after that I disconnected at least half a dozen times.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'll ask the local tech expert, guy runs multiple lan conventions every month so I'm sure he's encountered the problem before. No promises but I'll see if he knows a fix :O

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks! I'ma play some PBE to see if it lags there, because I've played some games on there and experienced no lag from what I recall. Also every time I log on PBE, I get one of those windows administrator "allow access?" popups, whereas I don't get those when I launch regular LoL.
The hard drive I bought also came with Win 7 ultimate edition, my old one was win7 home premium. Doubt it has any significance but yeah.

edit: yeah just played a game on PBE without any lag spikes.
My FPS was ~20 the whole game, but that's another issue.

Coney

Smash Master
i think diamond is an accomplishment if you can get it before, like, 100 wins (which actually isn't possible for most people just because of the placement match system)

if you see someone in diamond that's like, 530-500 then there's obviously something going on there

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Jeez
maybe I should stay in silver, if I ever do rise I'll feel like POOP thanks a lot guys

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I like Sky too!
I had no idea he was gay, I remember his vlog a few years back about his attempts/eventual success of eventually having sex with a girl, lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sky never played ADC with a ****ty ****ing trolling ***** support.

I TOLD HIM THIS BUT HE WOULDN'T CHANGE THE VIDEO.

Throwing abuse and then "nicely asking them to ward" isn't what happens.
It's still the same tone of voice

"Can you at least ****ing ward so this 1v2 going on here while you smoke and troll allchat doesn't turn into a 1v3 or 1v4? kthx"

I spend a lot of money on wards as ranged carry. LOL.

Top Bottom