• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I did that as Support Lulu once where my ADC positioned horrible despite pings and me telling him to get back, then him dying first as Ez and me picking up a double kill or at least one at each engage.

Switched to AP Lulu very very fast when that happened.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Stanley maxes E first on Rengar- but no one believes me when I say it's actually good on lanegar.

Oddone thinks W first for jungle rengar, seems pretty good especially if you're building tank.

Anyone have any interesting Rengar builds, now that he's not permabanned? :)

D

Deleted member

some red guy said:
In addition, this is still the Beta of the map and things will change between now and season 3.
I really hope they reduce the effect of the altars/remove them

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I like the new focus on teamfights but i do agree altars are overpowered. They need to find a way to keep that incentive for coordination and engaging though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I wonder bad it feels to lose to someone running exhaust/ignite and one thinks "pfft they ain't running flash, this is gonna be an easy lane for me" then give first blood

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, cause that's basically Korean cheese mode. They are expected to be super aggro and beat you in those 1 v 1 spots, but then get ****ed by jungler. Jarvan with that vs puny Riven with just Ignite WILL whip it out and slap it all across her face.

Coney

Smash Master
went to a lan tourney today with noid and others, got 4th out of 21. not bad, but disappointing. we didn't trust our own picks and did some uncomfortable stuff, growing painz

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I could be wrong, but Syndra feels really ****ing strong right now
I was just completely wrecking an Ashe that had IE and other items, I just had sorc shoes, haunting guise, and rylai's. was destroying people in a couple seconds before even getting deathcap. and that stun omg

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Actually looked back and found dekars case, wtf kind of ban was that?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If people only read blue in tribunal cases, I could see how he'd get voted for a ban. But you can never expect to get judged on how retaliatory your statements are. You'll just get judged on exactly what you say and it will always be aggression in the eyes of your jurors.

So yeah, it sucks, but it's not surprising in the least.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I forget exactly where it is listed on the website, but retaliation isn't an excuse.

Riot and the Tribunal don't care "who started it", if you break the code, you break the code.

I looked at Dekar's case (I'm pretty sure) and I would have definitely hit punish. Why do you think it's ok to say '*****' to the enemy team at the end of the game?

It's directly against Section 6 of the Summoner's Code: Show Humilty in Victory, Grace in defeat.

On top of that, any justification you have for what you did is just excuses. Nobody in the Tribunal cares if you were in Skype with the Cait. An AFK is not an excuse for that kind of behavior. (Game 4)

Even if we were to allow leeway based on the excuses, you don't get into the tribunal based on just the games in the case. You get in because you accrued significantly more reports than the average LoL player, and the case is built out of your most recent games.

Except under very very rare circumstances, if you got punished by the tribunal, you almost certainly deserved it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Janna should've been punished for calling ziggs ****ing terrible in game 1.

Udyr should've been punished for saying "you guys suck ****" in game 3.

I haven't been banned and I have been quick to calling people out. Last year, my rise to 1800 was mainly because I would troll my opponent and cause the other team to start blaming each other. How can the system be working if I know I am way worse than all of these cases I see, but have yet to see even a warning?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

How do you know they haven't been already?

I haven't been banned and I have been quick to calling people out. Last year, my rise to 1800 was mainly because I would troll my opponent and cause the other team to start blaming each other. How can the system be working if I know I am way worse than all of these cases I see, but have yet to see even a warning?
If you're truly toxic, you'll eventually see the Tribunal.

For now, I'll take solace in the fact that your ELO has tanked completely as some form of karmic punishment.

Why in the world are you PROUD of being worse than people who get banned?

Edit: Actually, while I'm at it, remember that not every Tribunal case results in a ban. Of the four cases I've done since they re-introduced the Justice Review, all 4 I was correct on punish, but 3 of them received a warning, and only one a time ban.

I've got 20 pending cases that might shed some more light on things beyond that. You're probably borderline, if anything, JTB.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm not proud of being worse than those people though, I just don't see how people can get punished for things I consider very tame whereas I can tell someone they are terrible and they are the reason we lose a game and they should stop playing and not get any sort of retribution.

(I personally don't think these things are bad, but I can see why people do)

And I'm getting my elo back, slowly but surely :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Take a look at any major city and look at how many criminals get away with selling drugs and any number of illegal activities.

You can't catch them all, you just have to hope the system gets as many as possible.

And clearly the Tribunal gets at least SOME, or you wouldn't see people QQ'ing in GD every day about their bans.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You're never sent to Tribunal just because of one case tipping you over the edge. You need to be reported 25x more than the average player to end up in it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Raz, I do think you're overstating your case a bit, Dekar is boarderline imo.

The point is, yea it sucks but rather then blaming the system it's better to just try to specifically be nice to people so you don't go through this again.

You're doing worse then what Okuser did?

*backs away slowly*

Kira-

Smash Champion
Gonna start streaming a lot

I'm starting to think my AD is better than my jungle, but will be doing everything until S3 starts. I also have a webcam and a hidden op champ that i will try to take adv of when s3 starts until she gets nerfed

twitch.tv/16char_acters

tune in whenever =P

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lyte has said differently on the forums numerous times. I'll see if I can find one of those times.

Though I suppose the key word there is "repeated".

Edit: Relevant to what I was talking about earlier:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30792140#post30792140

"It takes hundreds of reports over dozens of games to end up in the Tribunal and actually even have a case. Just because you see 1 game in the Tribunal case doesn't mean 1 game landed you in the Tribunal."

Edit 2: Found it!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2726400

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
There's a difference between reacting and retaliating. A person who says "why are you being such an *ss to me" is reacting, retaliation is more along the lines of giving your own stream of abuse because of their stream of abuse.

The former is ok, the latter isn't.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's a difference between reacting and retaliating. A person who says "why are you being such an *ss to me" is reacting, retaliation is more along the lines of giving your own stream of abuse because of their stream of abuse.

The former is ok, the latter isn't.
Which is why I said if you break the code, it doesn't matter if they started it or not.

The primary difference between reacting and retaliating is toxic behavior, thereby breaking the code.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
looking at mundo's kit and stuff...i never understood why he was so good

but then i played him....and won 6 games in a row

ohgod mundo <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
ok i lied

when i stream my in game performance sucks

aka the game doesnt run smoothly and i cant play well

i didnt realize it until i played again with the stream off, but it's so silky smooth with no stream

probably wont stream lulz

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just played Fizz for the first time in a while and his E glitched on me multiple times. I swear I'm not imagining it :(

Syndra's W also glitches even though they said they fixed the glitch in this patch.

Top Bottom