• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
I really don't like her design that much. She's fun to play, but I think she's really awkward. Her passive might as well not even exist, I always have the max amount of spiderlings out... and they don't go back down to zero if none of them die when you shift back to human. Already mentioned the two unreliable skillshots.

Rappel is beast. Q in both forms is fine. Spider-Form W is sort of... Idk. I don't really know, lol. Good for jungle? The heal is so minimal, and you don't build lifesteal or AD on her either... Am I missing something? Does Spell Vamp proc off of her spiderling attacks?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
mogwai you should check the algorithm for my matchmaking because i get nonstop bad teams
I had this issue too. I solved it by playing Malphite, give that a try.

I would also tell that hypothetical friend I get the same issue when Karthus ults.
this hypothetical friend probably wouldn't continue religiously checking this thread, so you would hypothetically do best to PM him when you have issues.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I had this issue too. I solved it by playing Malphite, give that a try.
he's banned or dodged like 95% of the time though :x

Elise's skin actually looks really good. I like the flowery spider form, lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah I don't own Hec, and don't have time to practice him. He seems more difficult to use effectively than Skarner, who I'm currently 5-1 with :D ezmode

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Plenty of precedence for AP bruiser. Fizz, Akali, Diana...?
They're all really assasin style burstmages though, the thing with Elise is her spells don't have the damage to function that way, they're more supplements to her ability to melee people to death.

Itemizing them as bruiser (AS or otherwise) seems just as awkward unless you pretty much ignore the AP portion of the equation.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So far me and my friend have found success in building her tanky with 9/21/0 and flat armor/mr magic pen marks and either ap quints or magic pen quints. We've also been messing around with spell vamp quints and that's been working out relatively well.

She's really good in 3v3.

In 5v5 i could only see her realistically as a jungle or support. her w gives enough sustain in jungle.(support wise Q is strong harass, she can set up plays easily with her e-->stun, and her spiders are free harass that be used constantly. And on a funny note can block blitz pulls lawl.)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
What was the Sej's name? I played a game as Sej earlier with a Vayne and had the same problem, the Vayne even pointed out that every time she used her ult she lagged and we all realized it too.

And also, I was lagging another game as jungle Malph where every time Id activate W then E right away Id get some choppy frames. For some reason only happened if I activated W then E'd like, immediately, but it did happen every time which I found strange. That happened last night tho and I havent played Malph since so Im not sure if it's still happening.
The Reboot. :I

Vyke

Smash Champion
So far me and my friend have found success in building her tanky with 9/21/0 and flat armor/mr magic pen marks and either ap quints or magic pen quints. We've also been messing around with spell vamp quints and that's been working out relatively well.

She's really good in 3v3.

In 5v5 i could only see her realistically as a jungle or support. her w gives enough sustain in jungle.(support wise Q is strong harass, she can set up plays easily with her e-->stun, and her spiders are free harass that be used constantly. And on a funny note can block blitz pulls lawl.)
Her ratios are godawful, and her main damaging ability doesn't actually have a ratio at all on the base damage, just the % dmg. I don't think AP Quints are that great on her. Spell Vamp possibly, needs more testing. Magic Pen makes way more sense though. Tanky for sure.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Her ratios are godawful, and her main damaging ability doesn't actually have a ratio at all on the base damage, just the % dmg. I don't think AP Quints are that great on her. Spell Vamp possibly, needs more testing. Magic Pen makes way more sense though. Tanky for sure.
Ya we like magic pen the best so far. Spell vamp is interesting...but still unsure about it. It would help jungle elise.

Coney

Smash Master
pony is definitely not better than malphite, but he's a very good substitute

i think people will learn to appreciate diet malphite in time

also the jayce nerf is SERIOUS, fought against a riven top and couldn't trade at all...he might still be good, just might not be the best idea to only max E in all matchups (which you used to be able to do). E might do what riot actually wanted now, strictly disengage

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Riven was not the easiest of matchups early for Jayce even with the old E. I think the big change now is that Jayce will actually lose more than one, maybe two matchups.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
pony is definitely not better than malphite, but he's a very good substitute

i think people will learn to appreciate diet malphite in time

also the jayce nerf is SERIOUS, fought against a riven top and couldn't trade at all...he might still be good, just might not be the best idea to only max E in all matchups (which you used to be able to do). E might do what riot actually wanted now, strictly disengage
Lol was that u? I was just in a game where a jayce was talkin about the nerf cuz he lost the lane to a riven.

Coney

Smash Master
Riven was not the easiest of matchups early for Jayce even with the old E. I think the big change now is that Jayce will actually lose more than one, maybe two matchups.

well riven beat him early but jayce won because he could just poke her down and HARD disengage with E. only matchups jayce lost before were yorick and nidalee, interested to see what's gonna happen now

Lol was that u? I was just in a game where a jayce was talkin about the nerf cuz he lost the lane to a riven.
nah i played last night, i tried to do that same thing i used to and got bodied but we won the game

but ya at least that matchup is drastically different, disappointed but maybe jayce will take some thought now instead of "max e win anything"

Vyke

Smash Champion
GAME IS UP, STILL NOT STARTING UNTIL WE GET IT FULL

NAME IS "SWF INHOUSE #1" PASSWORD IS "johns" LOWERCASE

ENABLE VIEWING PRIVATE GAMES

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mogwai, there are about 50,000 QA issues I could tell you about with Shaco, but I don't think you or your department wants to waste time on a character they've changed 50,000 times asides from what they've said in patch notes (which borderline makes me want to rage quit every time I go "well that's something that wasn't like this a few months ago").

anyone know a good build on (jungle) shaco?
Build yellow items.
They're all generally pre-helpful on him. I don't see much justification in building tank on him due to the fact that he has no damage to do anything with being tanky, although it sometimes has its usages. Randuins for example pre-pro because attacking the clone is suddenly annoying.

My general rule of thumb for late game is try to have 100ish in both defenses, +300-500 health and infinity edge.

Due to how absurdly terrible his farming is and how quickly he can be nearly useless if the enemy jungler is getting ganks (which 95% of the time they shouldn't), I try to rush double gp10 and madreds/wiggles. Find every opportunity to push lanes with your team partner so you get the xp/gold you need to not be useless, and don't ****ing listen to them *****ing because a level 6 shaco early means free dragons.

What's The Point

Smash Master
From what I've seen and looking at her numbers, Elise will probably do best as a tanky CDR/MPen champ.
Pretty much. There is no real noticeable advantage to massing AP or AD on her. Her AP ratio on Q only affects the % damage (2% per 100 AP), her on hit Spider and Spiderling damage (Sub 20% ratios), then an actual nice ratio on her W. She has only the one short time AS steroid so building AD is also pointless. MPen lets you abuse her Qs % damage. Then you do generic tanky top laner stuff (Triforce, Wits, Randium, FH, etc). Of course, this is day 1 analysis.

And damn guys you are starting those in houses fast. Every time I go to check if a game is up it's already started.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i like how they have a ward skin worth only 200 ip per week. Thats like less ip than a win.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Jayce players, has the E nerf changed your skill order at all?

I'd been doing E > W > Q > R in auto-attack harass lanes

Q > W/E > R in long range poke/farm lanes.

What are you guys currently doing? (Paging PhantomX and other Jayce players)

I'm not good but...no not really. % damage is still very useful I find. Otherwise I would just max W, which only for the Cannon form multi attack.

New Twisted Tree Line?

(picks Eve)

:troll:

This **** is so fun, go complete jungler ***** and win all the games.

Thought on NTTL?
Add me sometime, I'd love to try a game with ya Krys.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This is really, really, really good login menu music. I like the touch of Elise actually saying stuff.

/thingsnoonecaresabout

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This is probably nothing new, but Taric and Leona are probably the best supports that don't get banned right now...at least they seem to be.

Top Bottom