• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

bassem6

Smash Lord
Draven is hella fun and can be real stronk when you get good at micro'ing his axes. He does a silly amount of damage even at level 1 just from 1 q. DRAVEN DOES IT ALL.

Also congrats to okuser, his guide on corki has 40k+ views on solomid

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thoughts against playing against a Kayle+Soraka bottom lane?
Supported by an aggressive Leona, didn't end well, let alone begin.
If Kayle isn't using Righteous Fury to last hit, then attack her every time she goes for a last hit.

If Kayle IS using Righteous Fury to last hit, then jump on her right before it runs out. Oh, and pushed lanes. lol

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hmmm....I was going to buy Rengar since it seemed that Riot was generally happy with the balance of the game right now.

But now I guess I'll wait and see what they do after World Finals.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rengar not being allowed in world finals had me thinking riot wants to nerf rengar but since it was too close they just banned his usage

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Not out on the version they're playing on.

Rengar, Syndra and Kha'zix are all not available.

Edit for clarity: Syndra/Rengar = Banned, Kha'zix doesn't exist.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I just hope they don't over nerf him again. I started playing on his first free week and he remains my favorite character.

In less complaining news, I went 12-2 yesterday playing Annie with horrible lag. It was at least consistent, but it was a solid two seconds of lag. Just map awareness wins solo queue though. When **** happens bottom lane, you ****ing walk bottom lane so you can pick up a double kill. When you can do it, you call for the jungler to kill mid. I couldn't land the big bear stuns for **** because I couldn't react to them grouping (until the very end where they were all under tower), but it's stupid how important you can be to a team with basic map awareness and a willingness to make the calls if you're the one who's most qualified to do so.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Draven is hella fun and can be real stronk when you get good at micro'ing his axes. He does a silly amount of damage even at level 1 just from 1 q. DRAVEN DOES IT ALL.

Also congrats to okuser, his guide on corki has 40k+ views on solomid
The only way I've had success with him is going hard in the paint at level 1 or 2 before they're ready for me and riding that momentum. I like him, but I haven't put the time in to see if I can get results. Probably why I don't have them. I feel like you just have to sink the play time in to get the axe management down in order to be successful early.

EDIT: Nice title.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I hope they nerf Ezreal to the ground. They turned him to teemo or Jayce top lane. Cancer.

I mean really, not counting PFE release day, I never banned ezreal until I found out how easy it was for people to carry as him.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I still think Corki is the gheyest champion in the game. But he's probably not getting another nerf.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Harder than even Twitch... that's saying something. Especially since the rework he's kinda worse now.
My main ADs are Draven and Trist (and have also played every other AD in the game unless you count AD Malz lol) and imo I think that Draven is harder to use from a kiy standpoint, in that you really have to be on top of your micro, positioning, etc more than other ADs to excel, however, I would say still say Draven is a better champ than Twitch, so from actually doing well IN THE GAME is easier with Draven than it is with Twitch. So basically, what I mean is that I think Draven is harder to get max effectiveness out of him, but due to him being just a straight up better AD, I think its easier to win with Draven as he's just an overall better character at the moment, despite his difficulty to play correctly. If that makes sense.

And @how good is draven, Id say at max potential, probably top 5 AD in the game. I wouldnt say Top 3, but hes up there, its just you need to put A LOT of work into Draven to get to that level, I mean, I play him almost every AD game and I still need to improve a lot with him. His early game is easily one of, if not the best in the game for an AD though, and if you get fed, you can do some crazy stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That feel when you carry a ranked 4v5 game. Went 23/2 with Diana while our Cait was afk for all but the last 5ish mins with computer problems. She was duoing with a Sona who was keeping us updated, but by the time she was finally able to get back into the game at around the 35-40 min mark, we were able to push into their base and get the Nexus.

Diana snowballs too stronk

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just for fun I'll go with group predictions for S2 champs.

Frost and IG in group A.
CLG.eu and Najin Sword in group B.

Huh, I guess I like the Korean scene.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so unless I'm mistaken, IG just tried to give blue to swain but the 6 minion damage (I think) mastery stole the blue buff. So it happens to pro teams too >:O

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Nah ma Dignitas got dis!

Katarina + support morgana gonna happen
I will be rooting for the US teams but objectively I don't think either of them will advance from group stages.

Even though CLG is more Canadian but whatever...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
If Kayle uses righteous fury to last hit with, it will push the lane, call for a gank. If she doesn't, then she's in melee range to last hit so yeah.
If Kayle isn't using Righteous Fury to last hit, then attack her every time she goes for a last hit.

If Kayle IS using Righteous Fury to last hit, then jump on her right before it runs out. Oh, and pushed lanes. lol
I guess that works early game otherwise the Soraka just heals any harass damage. I'm just trying to relate to Lv6+ laning when any chance of going in on either Kayle or Soraka gets Kayle Ulted and when we switch focus during the ult, the Soraka heals the Kayle and wins the trade. And if Kayle has reckoning, it results in a no-escape death.

Ganks would've made the difference, but this was at a point where mid and jungle weren't doing to hot and had other objectives. Just trying to evaluate it's my fault for trying to trade or blame it on the Leona for always trying to initiate fights down bot.

Edit: As for the Ez nerfs-- Well damn, oh well it was sooner or later to bring him down as ADC considering the buffs (and then the nerfs to AP).

Top Bottom