• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So, I'm taking up ap eve because I wanna get into strong assassins mid, any advice?
This is relevant to my interests because I just bought Eve too :o
Are there any absurd mid matchups you definitely shouldn't play? I played against a leblanc in blind pick, it was very unpleasant.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
No matchup is really bad once you get to level 6 and have a DFG.

Unless of course you died a lot before reaching level 6.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
thanks for the advice scamp, just had my first pvp game as eve, need to work on my teamfight mechanics cause i died a bit too much, but my roaming was really effective. Overall, I'm really liking her as a character.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That feel when you start a game 7/0 but your lanes fed at least 6 kills each so you being fed doesnt even matter :<

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So I'm tired of being stuck in this ****ty elo, I feel like team comp isn't as important as one person just snowballing and the other team just becoming apathetic and giving up. Which junglers have the most potential to carry if given those early kills?

also someone duo with me plz

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
thanks for the advice scamp, just had my first pvp game as eve, need to work on my teamfight mechanics cause i died a bit too much, but my roaming was really effective. Overall, I'm really liking her as a character.
No problem, if you have any more questions please ask. She is my favorite champion.

So I'm tired of being stuck in this ****ty elo, I feel like team comp isn't as important as one person just snowballing and the other team just becoming apathetic and giving up. Which junglers have the most potential to carry if given those early kills?

What's your ELO?

And the junglers that have the most potential to carry if fed IMO are the silly off-choices. So Jax, Xin Zhao, Katarina, Jayce, Diana, etc. Basically any champ that's better in lane but is in the jungle for whatever reason.

Also, of course, Rengar.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No problem, if you have any more questions please ask. She is my favorite champion.
Build thoughts? Been running 2 dorans -> DFG/mobo boots at around the same time -> rylais -> deathcap, any better options? Been thinking about abyssal/haunting guise after dfg and going sorc's instead of mobo the thing is I find it frustrating when people escape me.

Also, skill order thoughts, been going r>q>w>e cause she seems to squishy to use e reliably, but i dunno, thoughts?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Build thoughts? Been running 2 dorans -> DFG/mobo boots at around the same time -> rylais -> deathcap, any better options? Been thinking about abyssal/haunting guise after dfg and going sorc's instead of mobo the thing is I find it frustrating when people escape me.

Also, skill order thoughts, been going r>q>w>e cause she seems to squishy to use e reliably, but i dunno, thoughts?
No better build thoughts, just variations depending on the situation.

I usually get Sorc Boots. Moba boots are fine, though I just don't find myself roaming THAT much though if I anticipate that I will be I sometimes go Moba. I also try not to get any Doran's rings and go for DFG ASAP, though depending on the situation and how much I have to spend I sometimes get a Doran's.

Definitely consider getting Haunting Guise right after DFG. It's such a fantastic cheap item for Eve. Also Deathcap before Rylai's. People who you hit with an ult shouldn't be getting away from you or your team before you burst them down.

Sometimes it's a good thing to get a GA depending on your team comp. Also consider Lich Bane.

As for skills, I usually get E before W. I'm not sure how you're playing Eve as such that you're afraid to land your E. You're not as squishy as you look because of that shield from your ultimate. Oh, but I do get that one point in W at level 2.

And again, just to reiterate (and just in case), these are merely suggestions and not to be taken as gospel.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Dropped from 1482 to 1444 yesterday was not a good day. Hopefully the climb continues today. I've finding my lack of skills in any lane but bot disturbing.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why is it so easy to carry games with Yi at 1500-1600 elo?

Run towards them,
see the flash,
alpha strike
successful gank is successful

THEN THEY FIGURE IT OUT AND YOU DIE INSIDE.

Leacero

Smash Lord
No better build thoughts, just variations depending on the situation.

I usually get Sorc Boots. Moba boots are fine, though I just don't find myself roaming THAT much though if I anticipate that I will be I sometimes go Moba. I also try not to get any Doran's rings and go for DFG ASAP, though depending on the situation and how much I have to spend I sometimes get a Doran's.

Definitely consider getting Haunting Guise right after DFG. It's such a fantastic cheap item for Eve. Also Deathcap before Rylai's. People who you hit with an ult shouldn't be getting away from you or your team before you burst them down.

Sometimes it's a good thing to get a GA depending on your team comp. Also consider Lich Bane.

As for skills, I usually get E before W. I'm not sure how you're playing Eve as such that you're afraid to land your E. You're not as squishy as you look because of that shield from your ultimate. Oh, but I do get that one point in W at level 2.

And again, just to reiterate (and just in case), these are merely suggestions and not to be taken as gospel.
If you're going AP Eve, go W before E. The base damage scaling on E isn't worth the amount of speed that leveling W gives you. You'll get more damage/survivability this way considering that W gives you like a 70% speed boost for a few seconds that refreshes after every kill/assist.

I probably wouldn't go Lich Bane until really really late game either since you'll be too squishy to make it effective at any other time. GA is a good choice considering you get a free 1500 hp from a full ult and that the defensive stats will scale with that.

Then again I don't even like Eve mid and would rather take her into the jungle. :c

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have 4 Friendly, 5 Helpful, 5 Teamwork, and 3 Honorable Opponent ._.

Kira-

Smash Champion

i will duo with you on jenny's account. msg me whenever and ill get on her's

tbh i have no idea how to win solo q i wish i could tell you

I gank every single lane successfully, team gets thrashed

do nothing but farm and go 0/0/0

my team wins the game. like wtf

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am getting honor points in bot games LOOOL

I hate teams that can't read the situation when its 4v2 and i'm alistar and i just hit ult and they all back off while i towerdive alone

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Dropped from 1482 to 1444 yesterday was not a good day. Hopefully the climb continues today. I've finding my lack of skills in any lane but bot disturbing.
solo lanes are really easy to improve at quickly, pick a champ or 2 and ask people to play a lot of 1v1s against you and tell you what you should do better

do that 15-20 times and your solo laning will improve a ton

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I agree with that, but while I'm not disagreeing. Unless the person knows what they're talking about or even 1.5k or so ELO, you need to factor in different runes/masteries.
I guess along with when you should gank top/bot (TF Orianna Anivia for me) and be weary of a jungler. Since 1v1 you don't know when unless you have it 2v1 where you have two friends to help you out with that.

Top Bottom