• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
watching korean finals and holy crap im blown away by some of the things i see

- orianna with 268 cs at 23 minutes
- rotating malzahar/soraka to take quick towers

olaf looks incredible too

MrEh

Smash Hero
Honor was just what this community needed: a way for unskilled players to show off their e-peen. Since they can't get ELO. lol

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I usually have trouble with Gragas as Lux, he's almost too tanky to burst and his ult can really mess up her kill setups

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
That and the 15% damage reduction that's almost always up.

My first full item on Lux is almost always deathcap. If I'm playing on my gold gain setup, I'll get it after a Philo and Kage.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Despite being melee Gragas is one of the safest and rangiest mids. Q has crazy range and he can E to gap close or escape. He cam send barrels at her while avoiding her spells. And I'm pretty sure she needs more AP to one shot a wave than Gragas does. Beating Gragas relies on heavy bullying pre-5 since thats when he can start killing waves with one Q (or really close) but Lux is all skillshots vs a guy with a short cooldown dash.

I think it would come down to if Lux can hit Qs/Gragas can avoid Qs before 5. Then it probably becomes each of them clearing a wave then roaming since Lux will always stay back.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
would you be supporting when you have the gold set up or do people not support with Lux?
Support Lux is like a whole other champion, I can't do it at all, I always end up turning into a carry or getting ***** lool

Coney

Smash Master
ez strat to get free killz against most champs at 1600 and below

pick morg, make sure you get 6 first, flash forward the MOMENT YOU GET IT and ult

that's literally it since Q is guaranteed after. they usually try to flash out themselves too which obv doesn't work

this climb on my friend's acc has been the easiest **** ever

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Problem is for me Morg is pretty much permabanned.

I could carry games with her if I was ever able to pick her haha.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've been saying that Lux is good for awhile, and no one believes me. She's not crazy super secret OP, but she's incredibly safe. I mean, and even Honda mentioned it, she's safe enough that Mejai's is a reasonable decision. It's not a risk so much as an investment if you aren't terribad and you're playing against the right team comp.

The only thing stopping her from being among the best is that she is blue dependent and that, as Honda outline, missing a skill shot once over the course of the game can cost you a victory.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Definitely one of the more skillful champs in the game, by far (at least where mid is concerned). Definitely good, she just has to hit everything.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
The secret to hitting Lux's Q (and ult) is not letting your opponent know it's coming in the first place lol

I try to hide around corners and behind walls as much as possible, like from the bushes in mid for instance. Also sometimes when I want to finish someone with an ult, I will actually run out of vision range from them, wait a second, and then shoot a blind shot based on the direction it looked like they were heading. Without seeing Lux's channeling animation (only the pre-laser light) it can be really hard to react in time

You can also read their movements and use good ol' fighting game tactics like conditioning, which I do a lot. I usually know within the first 2-3 levels whether I can outplay my opponent mid, just based on how they react to my harass

Finally, remember that it's much easier to hit a skillshot when you throw it parallel to where they're running rather than perpendicular, in which case you need to have a good feel for both the projectile speed of the skill as well as the movement speed of the enemy champ so that you can lead properly

Otherwise, if you have a lot of mana just throw out Qs and hope one hits

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, that enemy carry can be fed as he wants, if he didn't buy Banshee's, getting Lux snared throws the game, even under tower. Shoulda backed up, chump.

:phone:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I personally think mid Lux sucks, but support Lux is legit. Tanky runes with gold/10 quints, 9/9/12 for magic pen and CDR, tankiness, and income + mana regen.

Throw out shield and whack them a couple times or control brush with e/q.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I personally think mid Lux sucks, but support Lux is legit. Tanky runes with gold/10 quints, 9/9/12 for magic pen and CDR, tankiness, and income + mana regen.

Until you run into Alistar, Taric, Blitz, Leona, Sona, Ashe, or Vayne.

Or until you get out of lane and aren't doing **** for damage because you didn't get mid farm.

Mind you, I just came from a game I carried as support Lux. She just isn't as good as so many others at the role and she remains super squishy, comparatively, making the trinity grin and start licking their lips waiting to blow you to kingdom come.

What makes you think mid Lux is bad? Once again, there are better people at the role in general, but unlike support Lux (who could be a Blitz or an Ali), there's no one who fills her niche role as well as she. Extremely safe and extremely high burst from the edge of the back row with bonus utility.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dang, just played one of those games where i feel like im playing on an actual team and not with 4 random people

- level 1 invade blue, kill kata
- run immediately to red, almost kill kata again
- run to our blue, kill enemy rengar trying to take ours
- run BACK to their blue, pull rengar as hes doing it and kill him again

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I played a game with krystedez last night where he went support syndra.

It was funny.

And it worked that game. lawl

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

I used to think this (I still play support Lux a lot), but she's just really inferior compared to other supports. She's certainly not bad at being an aggressive, poking support, and she gets the kills, but you could be Leona (kills) or Sona (poke), or Blitz or Ali (even though they are oft banned). Or Taric or Janna.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Until you run into Alistar, Taric, Blitz, Leona, Sona, Ashe, or Vayne.

Or until you get out of lane and aren't doing **** for damage because you didn't get mid farm.

Mind you, I just came from a game I carried as support Lux. She just isn't as good as so many others at the role and she remains super squishy, comparatively, making the trinity grin and start licking their lips waiting to blow you to kingdom come.

n00b alert

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Congrats! I've got 3 more wins until I'm silver yeah!
Ty, I still should already be gold. But my big duo mistake when I started screwed my elo so bad. Oh well. I'll just be happy with gold for this season then get higher next one, since I actually know what I'm doing now.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Ty, I still should already be gold. But my big duo mistake when I started screwed my elo so bad. Oh well. I'll just be happy with gold for this season then get higher next one, since I actually know what I'm doing now.
Awesome, good for you! I wish I knew how it felt to be gold :(:(:(

Top Bottom