• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
enjoy being a passive support then, i prefer to go man mode and win my lane through aggression

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Theres a lot more to support than just that... Especially in team fights. Supports offer soooo much utility to team fights (and in some cases damage but not really) and I legitimately feel like when Im support, a lot of fights wouldve gone horribly without me.

Also, they need to constantly stay on top of warding and map awareness more so then the rest of the team, they need to be a body guard for squishies, etc. The support role gets a lot of crap cuz at lower levels, it really is just sit in a bush and spam heals, but supports have a huge influence on games.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Everyone always blames the jungler. It's so god damn annoying. 90% of the time ppl are bad and losing lane horribly and don't pay attention to warding/summoners usage then expect a successful gank when so underfed. Or they push the enemy to the turret and don't try to bait them past river at all.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
@Honda: I wouldn't say that she beats a lot of champs pre 6 cause of shield, but it's pretty underrated for trading, I've realized. The fact that it comes back to her twice is pretty important (even though I feel like the numbers are a little weak).

You were talking about getting every single passive proc, yet you were saying that you'd never be in range for DFG...how does one go about getting those passive procs in teamfights? Or, at that point, is it just E (or Q) into them > ult to ignite it? If so, then that's fine.
The shield is more important than you think, and like I said it's one of the things that makes a good Lux player. For instance, if you do it right you will win trades vs Leblanc simply by shielding before her silence procs and then auto attacking twice, which then can be followed by an E and then another auto attack+proc. Leblanc still beats her eventually because that's what LB does, but pre-6 Lux can do more than you think. You just don't know her well enough

In teamfights the passive procs depend on what kind of initiation your team comp offers. If you're the one who has to initiate then you shouldn't worry about trying to get procs in between skills, just output as much damage as quick as possible so your teammates have someone to focus. However if your team has someone else who can initiate then having a Lich Bane can honestly be devastating in combination with your abilities so you should try to take advantage of that as much as possible. The reason why I don't like DFG is I feel that having Deathcap + procs does more damage in the long run, and if you have DFG you probably don't have Deathcap yet

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Honda: If I do DFG on her, it's only after Dcap, but I see what you're saying. And I shall think about shield more (what you mentioned actually makes the 3 points in AD masteries that much more beneficial, actually).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
support is one of the harder roles, theres a reason why top support players used to play some sort of carry competitively

jungle is the easiest because all it requires is game sense to do right
^^^^ Thissssssss

Coney

Smash Master
idk why people think mid is that hard, i play both solos almost exclusively and top lane is WAY more difficult, both in terms of playing the lane and remaining relevant the entire game

:phone:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
idk why people think mid is that hard, i play both solos almost exclusively and top lane is WAY more difficult, both in terms of playing the lane and remaining relevant the entire game

i agree with this, maybe its cause i suck at top but at least with midlane most champs can farm pretty well from a reasonably safe distance + its harder to gank mid than top

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Fed ChoGath mid as Lux

Jayce proceeds to bash me all game ("Our Lux is trash, gg") cuz I'm 0/4

I then put on my serious face, proceeding to substantiate the flaws of this mid lane and my janglr Lee Sin who allegedely KICKED Cho Gath OUT of my Ult on his second (and last) gank (the first one he made cho use flash... THATS IT)

I carry, and everyone else is in the negatives

We win.

REPORT JAYCE PLAYER?
>YES
NO

(and before you think I'm a douche, I literally was laughing at our Jayce's **** talk at me and our opponents all game and how he thought he so so good yet he lost LANE, AND in CS to a DISCONNECTING NAUTILUS... lmfao)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Elementz made an overall 5v5 tier list

Tier 2: Lulu
Tier 3: Soraka, Janna
Tier 4: Hecarim

Lol, i might not know junglers well, but for supports Lulu is sooo team dependant compared to Soraka and Janna...
While it is strictly ones guys opinion, I can't see somethings like Ashe being tier 3, nor Fiddlesticks being tier 2, Lulu that high, nor Xn Xhao tier 5.

Just a lot of nit picky stuff but a lot of it seems off to me.

edit: Xerath is tier 3?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Being good at toplane just requires basic lane management skills, matchups aren't nearly as important as midlane.
Most midlanes can farm safely even if they have a tough matchup. They can usually avoid dying by not being stupid.
Top lane is so easily counterpicked. Top lane is so easily ganked (namely early game)

^

I try to not play top because if you **** up in the smallest way, you're screwed for the rest of lane phase.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If I do bad at top I normally run GP10s, avoid feeding, cs under tower, and hella roam after pushing it with my highest farming ability (Rengar -> Battle Roar, Nasus -> Spirit Fire, Volibear -> Majestic Roar, etc...)

I don't CS very well in these situations, but at least then I become a roamer / support and ward slightly and don't feed as much. Sure, I didn't win lane, but it's hella better than to just sit under tower with a fed Renekton there or something poking at you saying GIBME MOAR KILLZ PLZ and has the jungler diving you if you don't oblige.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That feel when the power goes out in your neighborhood 3 mins into a ranked game, then when the power comes back 20 mins later, you rejoin the game to find your team at the enemy nexus just about to win the game.

The funny part was we were 0/2 when I DC'd cuz Zil and Kat had each died once.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Support definitely the easiest role, it's sad how 90% of supports are absolute trash. Including me, I can only play 2 characters as support the rest i blow with

Never seen a support main be good at the game at all btw. I can think of at least 4-5 support mains who are just terrible at the game in general. Only the ones who played something else first seem to be any good

That having been said u still need to know how to lane and how to play to be a good support, doesn't mean it's easy mode but it's clearly easier than the other roles

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
>Support definitely the easiest role
>90% of supports are trash
>Never seen a support main be good at the game

Ever thought that, oh I dont know, maybe theyre all bad cuz support is difficult to play well?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That wasnt a +1, it was me saying I completely agreed and that everything he said I think as well.

Kira-

Smash Champion
>Support definitely the easiest role
>90% of supports are trash
>Never seen a support main be good at the game

Ever thought that, oh I dont know, maybe theyre all bad cuz support is difficult to play well?
That's not what I'm saying

Out of all the roles, support is the easiest

Doesn't mean that it is easy to play

But if u had to pick one it's definitely support

They are bad because people are bad, look at top teams there are only like 10 good support players

but does that mean support is harder than mid? or top? or ad?

I haven't seen many good ADs or junglers either

Oh also

"never seen a support main be good at the game"

this means that people who main support still aren't very good, because it takes the least amount of skill to learn it

they end up duo-ing with a friend that's an AD main and that's all they know

Ppl who play other roles tend to understand the game and play better in general than support mains

therefore showing that support is the easiest one

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As I understand it, it's the reverse in korea with the top teams having supports that are extremely proficient in a variety of other roles.

I dunno, I firmly believe support has a low skill floor, but I'm not sold at all about it having a low skill ceiling.

Also, kira, no xspecial love?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
"look at top teams there are only like 10 good support players"

im pretty sure xspecial is included in that

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Had to play AD in ranked. Teamcomp looked good for Kogmaw, so I picked him for the first time in over a month.
Went 10/0/8. It was fun!
Then we lost because objectives aren't important.

Honestly I just want to get to 1500 so I can stop playing ranked for a long time -_- it's not even an unrealistic goal for me, I've gotten to 1500 before with ease.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
this was an exception :embarrass: don't like losing games where the enemy team has all but given up and is telling us to report their _____ for 'throwing' the game for them.

how about: someone duo with me to 1500 so I stop playing for a long time?

or we can talk about how support is easy/hard to play whatever

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
PhantomX should stop being a butt, because Asdioh at least posts a hilarious reaction gif with his.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Looks like a janky Dell computer being destroyed.

I approve

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh yea, just played my first game with honor and jesus, everyone seems so downright friendly. I guess competing for "friendliness" epeen is just what the community needed to make it tone down the negativity.

Also my sona sucks so hard, how do I have 100% winrate with her? Oh yea, 2 games and people at this elo aren't that good at the game.

"look at top teams there are only like 10 good support players"

im pretty sure xspecial is included in that
Actually, it was a misread on my part, thought he was saying how support mains tend to not have any experience with other roles.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd say we should complain about forced friendliness, but hell, if it works, I'm not gonna knock it.

Anything to fix **** up.

Jem.

Smash Master
My match history: July

I was going to play again but I lost a crapload of runes/runepages over some patch. And don't feel like playing normals to get them back. -_-

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thoughts on Khazix? Play Rengar. I say that as a player of the former. He is very cool and had Tristana jump but the latter is just better.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh yea, just played my first game with honor and jesus, everyone seems so downright friendly. I guess competing for "friendliness" epeen is just what the community needed to make it tone down the negativity.
I haven't noticed a difference at all. People still rage at Teemos, Teemos still deserve to be raged at.
People are still nicer to the enemy team than their own, lol

does anyone here ever watch replays and give advice? I usually forget to turn on lolreplay, but sometimes I remember and get some gems recorded.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Where do I do this? If it was a patch a few months ago they might think I was lying o_O but hopefully they can see I clearly lost some runes. I can only play Cho and AD carry with my current runes LOL
Go message them. A friend of mine lost runes and rune pages due to Riot shenanigans, and he got like 80k IP and a ton of RP. It also took them like week to fix it LOL but yeah

Top Bottom