• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
I hope you don't pick up his penchant for disconnecting 10 minutes into every game he's ever played ever

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I do hope he picks up the trolling however. That's the only reason I love Jpak to begin with.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
AP Rengar has even more of an argument towards being sustained considering his harass/damage tool is also his sustaining tool. And it isn't as if AD Rengar can't utilize it either, 15% HP is still pretty good.
I think we're confused.

I meant sustain as in sustained consistent dmg instead of a big burst...not sustain as in health.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Oh. Well, I'd still say Rengar can do that if you count chunking someone's life every 10 seconds.

Otherwise, yeah. I get ya.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
[COLLAPSE="Mmmm"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I'm out of the habit of doing this, but I just want to say that no matter how useless she may be (compared to Naut or Ali or whoever), Sejuani is the bomb.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
my captain banned graves, vayne, draven
enemy captain banned ezreal, corki, sivir

i really hope this game happens

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
my team: rengar, xin jungle (me!), anivia, malphite support, tristana
theirs: fiora, jungle ali, morgana, taric, MF

I got first blood on jungle ali because he's butts, but it all went downhill from there. Rengar kept getting killed by Fiora, and was in his own world in fights. Anivia "doesn't play mid" and didn't say anything in champ select, choosing instead to tell us halfway through the game.

tl;dr it didn't go horribly until at some point MF got fed, and she was terrifying because we could not reach her when they had ali+morg.

It's a real downer when you go from a team with amazing communication, always ready to do dragon when it's up, pays attention when I counterjungle, etc. etc.
-to a team that doesn't do any of those things and I don't know what to do to carry if they won't cooperate :\

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Malphite is a terrible support

Good initiate and debuff but thats it. Too squishy as a support, can't really peel without ult but then he'll die cause he went in.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But saying sustain for dmg is kind of confusing.

Sustain = healing in lane
Burst = self explanatory
DPS = what adc's and cass do

This how i've always understood the terms.
Sustained is a standard adjective meaning "to keep up or keep going, as an action or process".

"Sustain" developed as a term for specific mechanics that allow you to do that (aka, healing) but it still works as a standard adjective that can be applied to any process that is or can be maintained over a long period, eg, sustained healing, sustained damage, whatever.

DPS means the same thing as sustained damage

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sustained damage doesn't mean healing in this context though. While sustain means to support, it also means prolonging over a period of time without interruption which means DPS.

-shen'd

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Wasn't saying it couldn't be used for it. I just meant that in the context of LoL using sustain to refer to damage can be confusing as it has already been heavily associated with the ability to sustain health. Where saying DPS in the same context alleviates the confusion between a community term and literal definition.

Literally, yes it can be used for both, but in the context of LoL it really is only used when refering to health regen. I'm not and idiot. : |

-silenced shen ult

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wasn't saying it couldn't be used for it. I just meant that in the context of LoL using sustain to refer to damage can be confusing as it has already been heavily associated with the ability to sustain health. Where saying DPS in the same context alleviates the confusion between a community term and literal definition.

Literally, yes it can be used for both, but in the context of LoL it really is only used when refering to health regen. I'm not and idiot. : |
Sustain means the same thing when talking about both, it's just applied to different contexts. It shouldn't be confusing unless you put no thought into it, even if you haven't heard of sustain as a word before hearing about it as a mechanic in league, familiarity with that mechanic will tell what the word means when you hear it in any other context.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DPS alone is just a measurement of damage over time. You can have different kinds of dps depending on how much time. Using sustained dps lets a person know they mean consistent damage over a long period of time while burst dps lets a person know they do all they damage in a second or so.

D

Deleted member

Malphite is a terrible support

Good initiate and debuff but thats it. Too squishy as a support, can't really peel without ult but then he'll die cause he went in.
malphite is a BEAST support you are just n00b

and since when has peeling about going in, more like use Q on anyone that goes on ur squishies

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The Malphite actually did do very well. I could come for a gank bot lane and dive because of his ult.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Q is a 14% slow at level 1, getting 3% a level. that's all he can do. The slow won't stop abilities from te enemy support and jungler.. Malphite has no threat to keep his ad carry safe from someone like Sona and Lulu. Or hell Leona can just zenith blade in. Blitz wouldn't have trouble pulling in a squishy malphite in. Malphite has to reach the ad carry to lower the attack speed to make the trade in their favor.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Malphite can Q/E any AD threat if you are peeling lol, not to mention his ult is game changing. Vs a heavy AP comp you just wait for their assassins or w/e to commit and ult them.

He just sux in lane til he gets a philo/hits 6. Mana issues and losing to poke/sustain. Malphite/Ezreal sounds like a terror lane to go against.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Malphite slamming the ground, Q, and punching you rock style doesn't seem like a bad peel. Combine it with Exhaust potentially and yeah. BAD peel is like well I got support Tristana hope she ults.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Malphite support can zone out an enemy ADC that has little to no mobility. He kept the Varus held back each time the shard hit stealing MS and as Ezreal could shift in and pop a quick shot and take half his health total.

And when 6 hit, OH BABY.

Otherwise with mobility, the poke damage isn't that much and can't really utilize following up. Otherwise can't say much, only experienced Ez/Malph bot once in Normal Blind.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I like Sejauni way better a support.

Sustained slow with decent damage from her kit, tanky as hell if you go clothe, 3hp, ward, and essentially your ****ing body guard with a boss initiate ult.

Put the freilord girlz together and you're running at the pace of a snail race.

(but I like Varus+Sej better :3)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I like Sejauni way better a support.

Sustained slow with decent damage from her kit, tanky as hell if you go clothe, 3hp, ward, and essentially your ****ing body guard with a boss initiate ult.

Put the freilord girlz together and you're running at the pace of a snail race.

(but I like Varus+Sej better :3)
I actually wanna try that :p since ashe is one of my fav. adc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Elementz made an overall 5v5 tier list

Tier 2: Lulu
Tier 3: Soraka, Janna
Tier 4: Hecarim

Lol, i might not know junglers well, but for supports Lulu is sooo team dependant compared to Soraka and Janna...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't abide by it, but its the only one that really exists. People like putting a tier list to everything.

I bet you Elementz put Fiddlesticks as tier 2 for his support. Dat hard bias

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm saying Janna and Soraka and Lulu should switch. Lulu needs a team built around her somewhat (need top/mid and jungler to both like to dive in). Janna and Soraka are great defensive supports, its just everyone wants Nunu/Sona, doesn't mean Janna and Soraka are bad.

Lulu has a trash win rate at events.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Support Morg's been getting pretty popular (relatively speaking), and her spell shield stops stuns from interrupting Kat's ult, so that doesn't hurt.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Stops CC from interupting Kat

If Dignitas uses Kat/Morg that'll be so hype

Also the list is supposed to be a competitive 5v5 tier list so the katarina placement does boggle my mind too

Vyke

Smash Champion
Kat has been seen a lot more recently in tournament play. Golly, it's almost like that rework did it's job or something.

Top Bottom