• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Just watched orb vs mme ferus. 65 minute long game, 500 CS Ez, 7 GAs, 3 BVs.

**** this game

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yet she's seeing more popularity now instead of before in tournaments. WEIRD, it's like it's not all about damage!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so What really separates a good Lux from an okay Lux?

Also for the actual Lux players here what are you guys building on her

I kinda been set on:
Boots pots > Chalice > (mejai's if it's looking like a high kill game) > Deathcap > Athene > void staff or haunting guise depending on amount of MR built > Zhonya.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!

I kinda been set on:
Boots pots > Chalice > (mejai's if it's looking like a high kill game) > Deathcap > Athene > void staff or haunting guise depending on amount of MR built > Zhonya.
Always hitting your skill shots. No matter how far ahead your team is, if you derp on one combo it can loose you the teamfight and essentially the game.

:phone:

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo

I kinda been set on:
A good Lux:
- uses her shield properly during trades (she beats a lot of champs pre-6 because of it)
- knows whether to use ult at the start of a teamfight versus saving it for fleeing champs no one else can reach
- has a good feel for her exact damage output at any point of the game, especially during laning phase, as to properly "tenderize" the enemy for a kill once she hits 6
- uses her E to zone and harass, and knows when to just fish with Qs and when they're guaranteed
- will hit her full combo (including auto attacks to proc her passive multiple times) in pressure situations when it matters the most
- plays her completely glass cannon like the ultimate burst champ she's meant to be

If even one of these is lacking (most commonly #1 and #4) then the player is a bad Lux; there are no okay ones. She scales with skill and when pushed to her limit is quite good, however most people don't know her thoroughly enough to get even close to that

For builds, I don't personally like Chalice/Athene's on Lux unless laning against someone unkillable like Galio, since you want damage as early as possible. I usually go:

1. Boots + 2 Dorans Rings
2. Sorceror's Boots (always always always, **** Ionian) if you need to dodge enemy harass, otherwise get Blasting Wand next, or Large Rod if you can
3. Deathcap at around 20 min is ideal, anytime earlier and you're going to almost one-shot the enemy back line
4. Sheen -> Lich Bane if you're winning, Blasting Wand -> Void Staff if you're losing (or if the enemy comp is too scary to get into auto attack range)
5. Void Staff if you built Lich in step 4
6. Zhonya's Hourglass just for the pure AP as you shouldn't ever be in a position to activate it, hopefully the game is over by now though
7. Whatever you want because the game is lasting too long and who the **** cares what you do

What I never build:
- Kage's/DFG - why would you ever be in range to get this off safely
- Rylai's - you're not Ahri
- Morello's/any CDR things - who needs CDR when all you need to do is burst and get out
- Tear/Archangel's - you don't need all that mana, stop spamming ****

Final Notes:
- the secret to carrying as Lux is taking Teleport over Ignite;
#1 you should never be in range to use ignite, esp. late game
#2 hit your ult and you don't have to worry about ignite finishing them off
#3 Teleport bot/top for guaranteed kills once you hit 6, even if the enemy flashes to their tower (because finales funkeln)

1v1 me

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Trying so hard to get to 1500 solo XD. Been mainly using ADC to climb and have gotten to 1477. Hopefully just 2+ more wins to the win column to hit 1500.

I really need to work on other lanes though. I've been trying to exclusively only play bot lane to climb but often it's either I get ADC or there is a duo bot lane.

I plan on playing a lot of Jayce, Rengar, Darius, and Kha'zix when I finally hit 1500 to get some experience top lane.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I cant stay ranked, I keep fluctuating between 1170~1250...

I do well at support mostly but sometimes I get stuck with ADC or Jungle, my worst roles imo. Top is okay, and my mid is almost as good as support. Just hate it when team feeds a terrorist team like Khazix + Rengar when im at bot rockin with a super passive and useless sona with me as varus...

What's The Point

Smash Master
Lux should definitely get CDR. Her biggest issue is Morg syndrome, where if you know once anything but her shield is on cooldown she's harmless for 10 (or ult cooldown) seconds. Plus 24 second laser beams. During seiges, defense or offense, poke everybody then use twice in the teamfight.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
It's true, Lux is very blue dependent and should have it as much as possible. I don't build CDR because having blue is usually enough to solve her cooldown issues--the buff literally makes her 2x better. If you can't secure your own blue nor the enemy's (just tell your jungler to ward theirs when it's convenient and then snipe it from river) then you probably have bigger issues to worry about than maxing CDR on Lux

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
LMFAO, ADC is like the easiest role during lane imo. You get baby sat by your support and all you got to do is worry about last hitting. TBH you shouldn't even do ranked if you can't play 3 roles.
well duh, but to say as much in any game that you are going to have an easy game early lane phase is stupid, because anything can happen, you can get toally gibb'd by a four man / five man level 1 gank, you can get ****ed over by 4 man ganks when mid roams, you can lose advantage in lane due to a poke champion like cait while your jungler harrasses top cuz it's "ez gankz bro" or something.

ADC is fun, its easy to do, but it's stressful and everyone relies on you being fed, working well with your team in fights, and having a CS advantage. ALL while avoid being ganked by everyone because EVERYONE hates that carry that literally turns the game around in a team fight and ends an ace with two turrets down.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is that from hardest to easiest? I feel like midlane's easy as ****, and jungle can change dramatically depending on the jungle matchup. Top is just annoying, and bot is stressful if you get a bad partner :x

Why do you think mid's so difficult? I realize it's a really important lane early/mid game, but it's really not hard to pay attention to the map, not die in lane, and go help places that need help.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I would put top over bot.

Mid is the hardest. It's the most gankable lane since the AP champs generally dont have escapes and hardest lane to fully ward for. Also APs are best at killing till late mid game so your lane fight even by itself is more dangerous.

Top I place above bot because it's more ganlsble than bot, and when the comes 2v1 is a lot harder than 3v2. Also top doesn't have a partner to cover mistakes.

Bot is just farming and is the least gankable since it has a dedicated warder.

Jungle is easy cause it's PvE. However it does have the most influence on the game, but his influence relies on how the laners are doing.

This all assumes basic solo queue gameplay.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I honestly think Jungle is the easiest role. Once you get past figuring out how to kill jungle creeps efficiently, its just you going through a choreographed route, killing mindless AI, then going to lanes that are getting pushed, getting beat, etc, creating an advantage in whichever area you go.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I honestly think Jungle is the easiest role. Once you get past figuring out how to kill jungle creeps efficiently, its just you going through a choreographed route, killing mindless AI, then going to lanes that are getting pushed, getting beat, etc, creating an advantage in whichever area you go.
Yea, no. That's just the farming, skill floor stuff. Jungling has the most difficult decision making of any role because it has the most freedom to act without the opponent's knowledge. At the same time, every decision relives pressure everywhere else.

I've always considered top lane as having the highest skill floor but lowest skill ceiling.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Thank you Honda for all that info

I'm still learning Lux and I must say I definitely need to stop forgetting I have a shield. so Yes I'm a bad Lux.

that 1v1 tho I think I'll hold off on that. not trying to get super bodied just yet.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Being good at toplane just requires basic lane management skills, matchups aren't nearly as important as midlane.

Jungle is just as y'all said basically.

Botlane is more than just hurrr durrr free farm. I mean it might be like that for you if you and the people you are playing against are bad. Botlane is super active and there's tons of near even matchups which means winning lane is skill based instead of "whelp I got cp'd top time to have my junglerz camp 4 me". Also coordination is a factor botlane has that no other lane has, which adds to skill depth.

Don't get me wrong jungling is still a hard role to master. I'm just specifically talking about difficulty of roles in laning phase.

I don't really know much about high level midlane stuff. It seems pretty archaic to me so that might be why I feel it's the hardest. It may not be though

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Honda: I wouldn't say that she beats a lot of champs pre 6 cause of shield, but it's pretty underrated for trading, I've realized. The fact that it comes back to her twice is pretty important (even though I feel like the numbers are a little weak).

You were talking about getting every single passive proc, yet you were saying that you'd never be in range for DFG...how does one go about getting those passive procs in teamfights? Or, at that point, is it just E (or Q) into them > ult to ignite it? If so, then that's fine.
---
I feel like, in top lane, if you fall behind and lose tower, it's possible to just sit and farm for a little to try to get back into the game, and you can still be very useful (especially if you're someone like Nunu or Jayce). Whereas, if you lose mid, it's a lot harder to come back, since losing mid tower is extremely huge, and furthermore even if your opponent doesn't kill mid immediately (which he should), he's ahead in items and has a LOT more roaming power than you do, and so can start influencing the game quicker. So I think the consequences for losing mid are higher than losing top. Dunno if that inherently makes it harder than top, but you also die a lot faster mid lane.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The thing with botlane isn't that it's always free farm hurr durr, but it is the easiest lane to farm in. When losing you can usually just default to sitting back and farming, while in top and mid it's much harder to get your farm if your lane opponent pulled ahead.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Support is easy if you're Soraka lol

But if you pick Janna, Lulu, or even Blitz, you need some skill with those champs.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
(I use Janna)
Man, it's so hard to sit in a bush, build up gold with gp10 quints and items, shield my carry every once in awhile, ward river and tribush and Q/W whoever is chasing after us botlane... maybe R every now and then if they are presistent.

Top Bottom