• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
@Mogwai: As in, skip leveling up his R until everything else is done first?
yea, my jayce leveling path usually looks like EQWWWEWEWEEQQQQRRR or something like that. Levels in R are really mediocre unless you stay in hammer form for fights, which I literally never do. If you're not using the bonus armor/mres, it's not really an efficient point.

D

Deleted member

W is better than Q for Jayce for every case except lane clearing or long range poke in a losing lane (and Hammer W can still clear lanes pretty well). People need to realize this!

:phone:
what if u want to do extreme slow Q --> run past E? And if ur winning ur lane hard wouldn't increased slow per Q points make exchanges even more in ur favor?

and wouldn't having Q/E maxed for midgame by more useful than maxing W?

==
on unrelated note, if you are already using E on someone, even if they flash they will 100% be hit in the direction you are facing so if ur getting ganked and jayce wants to do that flash EARLY

==

and i'd say max W vs cho is better lane wise though than Q/E, regardless tho if u recognize which path Jayce takes u can adjust ur build to be more armor/ MR. I find that if Jayce doesn't screw over Cho enough early then Cho wins with slight defense itemization + passive sustain+ fadeaway feasts after they E u away

Jayce always tends to be just as useful, or more useful than cho regardless of whether he gets destroyed in lane though, can simply go very tanky jayce, give ur team free shurelyas and peel/ knock away and still be really useful which is pretty LAME. And Cho has nothing on Jayce's roaming

Oro?!

Smash Hero
S2J how do you carry as Cho when your other lanes ****ing suck. Even going heavy AP so you can one shot carries doesn't seem to do enough if the enemy team has like a far ahead AD and a far ahead mid/top depending where I'm playing Cho.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yeah, I know bot is usually static, but new MF always obliges me to sate my roaming instinct.

Why shouldn't I use that passive Boots of Mobility?
Adc is static and farming, support likes to roam

However, i see MF working for pushing strats where you lane swap a lot to push tower downs.. But i like teleport Sivir better for that

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just got my **** wrecked by what I thought was a support malphite on blind pick. But he somehow managed to afford BT, IE, and Zeal at one point mid/late game. I was Syndra, had an epic chase to finish him off, until suddenly he ults me to dodge my killing Q, then 100-0s me in a couple seconds before my cooldowns are back up. Wish I got it recorded. And I just realized he had 269 farm and enemy miss fortune had 67. Wut.

tl;dr AD Malphite is secretly the best AD carry

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nah man, have you seen AP Malphite?

100-0 combo whenever his ult is up. Can't peel his combo cause his ult will knock up everyone so he knocks up everyone then kills the carry while they come down

AD malphite sounds so wrong, how the heck did that guy even pull that off

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kha is ridiculous man, instant invis multiple times in succession with a jump and projectile.

Coney

Smash Master
made a deal with my friend to grind his 1230 acc to gold in exchange for him leveling my smurf

i don't mean to brag or be all holier-than-thou but this **** is EXTREMELY easy...if you get good enough you can climb out of anywhere i think

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
AD malphite sounds so wrong, how the heck did that guy even pull that off
I don't know. He had like 355 AD with more HP than my rylais+haunting guise syndra, and his only hp was from 2 dorans blades.

When he ulted to kill me, he dodged my Q with 1% health and killed me, then healed up to full off minions in a few seconds. It was so cool/depressing.

made a deal with my friend to grind his 1230 acc to gold in exchange for him leveling my smurf

i don't mean to brag or be all holier-than-thou but this **** is EXTREMELY easy...if you get good enough you can climb out of anywhere i think
What's your normal elo/current elo on that account? I'm having more trouble in the mid/upper 1300s than I was having in the upper 1400s -_-
What roles are you playing to carry that account up?

Coney

Smash Master
I don't know. He had like 355 AD with more HP than my rylais+haunting guise syndra, and his only hp was from 2 dorans blades.

When he ulted to kill me, he dodged my Q with 1% health and killed me, then healed up to full off minions in a few seconds. It was so cool/depressing.

What's your normal elo/current elo on that account? I'm having more trouble in the mid/upper 1300s than I was having in the upper 1400s -_-
What roles are you playing to carry that account up?
i'm 1900 on my main account

using jayce/darius mostly, if i have to go mid i just cp the enemy mid

just pick a really dominating/snowbally/demoralizing champ, get good with them, you'll definitely rise with improvement

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anyone else having server problems? I'm on Skype with my group and no one could DC. :applejack:

D

Deleted member

S2J how do you carry as Cho when your other lanes ****ing suck. Even going heavy AP so you can one shot carries doesn't seem to do enough if the enemy team has like a far ahead AD and a far ahead mid/top depending where I'm playing Cho.
almost no top lane can carry when other lanes, especially bot get beyond wrecked unless u as the top laner have great mobility, great solo carry ability that can make up for rest of team sucking.

I'd say bot, then jungle getting destroyed= game loss.

shen/malphite/jayce, all 3 pretty different all have the ability to influence other lanes really easily. For the record I think Malphite is currently the best champ in the game

riven/jax/ high dps top laner can also make up for team sucking but u have to be pretty fed

==

for Cho though once you destroy your lane ( I always build lane dominant/ strong AP **** following philo stone/ kages pick), and take top tower, their top will pretty much sit top and farm to attempt to get back into the game. This is where you either dangerously push top like crazy so you further set back top and force jungler/ mid to come bother you instead of your failing lanes

or you roam/ take dragon (feast is too good) / force 5v4. With failing teams you MUST team fight really really well, and I think 90% of circumstances if you pull off perfect team fight at dragon, get 2-5 kills/ dragon your team will be back into the game
==
sometimes theres nothing you can do, your team is just that bad. Or despite ****** the other top they are still hella useful like Jayce

expect many disappointing solo Q games, especially if you don't/ have an ineffective roaming champ where you go 5-0-1 and rest of team sucks enough that your team loses even though you are 4 levels ahead of other top. Thats the story of top lane.

At this point I recommend calling out BAORN and suiciding your entire team multiple times until they get the picture and surrender

Cho Mid, while good, isn't the best champ you can pick for solo Q. Go pick Kassadin/ Twisted Fate/ Gragas/ Ahri/ Fizz and go roam after you destroy your wave. For Kassadin just go RoA --> mejais and constantly gank lanes after a wave push. Don't be dumb and gank down river, go the tricky way that no solo Q ****** will ever ward

==

and for the record, the only 'hard' elo to climb is 1600-1800 because of the amount of wannabes there that think they are good. any other elo range comparatively is much easier to climb and if you really really want to climb just use loLking to look up your teammates

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Not gonna lie, Johnny talking cho strats is one of my favorite parts of this thread

:phone:

zyth

Smash Lord
so playin an enemy kha'zix as rengar and about 30 mins in a quest comes up that says me and him have to kill each other and the first one to do it gets a buff. well my team killls him first and my bonetooth turns into head of the kha'zix item. lmfao

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I feel like if you get fed with Malph top lane/jungle you can carry your team as long as you play well.

He just absorbs an absurd amount of damage.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I've been thinking of picking up Galio to counter some mids. Also his ult is great in team fights. What's your take on him?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I feel like Galio would be very good in solo queue but I don't own him so I dunno.
I wonder how long I'll wait for Syndra to be decent before I refund her. hmm

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Galio wrecks solo q when people are meta fixated and won't send like Riven mid.

Although i managed to keep up with Galio as Lulu and with a QSS i could cancel hit ult with my own.

Top Bottom