• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Is Skarner a bad champion?
I get scores like 6/1/12 and 4/0/5 as him and my teams still lose due to backdooring/everyone dying instantly.
and yes I ult carries

:038:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
skarner is such a great jungler, grab on carry should be a free kill

MrEh

Smash Hero
Skarner is a good jungler if you can count on your lanes to take care of themselves.

Skarner has little presence early.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yorrick beats Jayce in my experience. I also think that Nunu, WW, and Irelia can beat him, though I wouldn't call any of them counters, they are merely lanes where it can go either way.

Frozen Heart is pretty bad on Jayce IMHO, just build him like a ranged carry who doesn't need AS if you ask me.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That horrible feeling when you go 6/0 in lane and 11/0 till almost 40 minutes into the game, then lose cause team never listened to you about pushing a single lane as a group and kept turret diving.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
As an avid Jayce player I agree with Mogwai's assessment... however I think Jayce has a good window to kill Yorick at levels 2/3 when he has 6 skills if he goes in hard.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yorrick beats Jayce in my experience. I also think that Nunu, WW, and Irelia can beat him, though I wouldn't call any of them counters, they are merely lanes where it can go either way.

Frozen Heart is pretty bad on Jayce IMHO, just build him like a ranged carry who doesn't need AS if you ask me.
Pretty much that, though he builds kinda tanky, just not frozen heart unless no one on your team will build it.

I've had trouble with Cho gath as Jayce, Silence super gay.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Pretty much that, though he builds kinda tanky, just not frozen heart unless no one on your team will build it.

I've had trouble with Cho gath as Jayce, Silence super gay.
Cho's mindbogglingly easy, you just max W first and ranged W him until he dies. But don't listen to me because everyone tells me I'm a ****** for maxing W over Q or E ever.

Wes let's nunu skarner til diamond please.
I have so little time to play right now and now that your elo > mine, I'll never get top lane. w/e though, I'm down whenever I have time.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
except you need to commit with E vs. Cho and that's where Cho lanes bite you the hardest with stupid ganks where you're knocked up, slowed, and silenced for like, 4 years or whatever. better to just pew pew him down and keep Q and E as utility/escape skills for the inevitable ganks.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Does anyone have an issue with the server randomly bringing up the "Attempting to Reconnect" message over and over even though your internet is working fine?

Happens to me randomly once every 5-6 games.
Happened to me last night a few times.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Cho's mindbogglingly easy, you just max W first and ranged W him until he dies. But don't listen to me because everyone tells me I'm a ****** for maxing W over Q or E ever.
I'll try that next time thanks.

~

I wish losses in ranked could be forgiven to intentional feeding/trolling. Sigh.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Why would you ever max Q before W on Cho? Unless the silence got standardized through all ranks and I didn't notice, the silence duration alone is reason enough to max it first. And E is purely a jungle Cho thing. Q is just the initate move.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why would you ever max Q before W on Cho? Unless the silence got standardized through all ranks and I didn't notice, the silence duration alone is reason enough to max it first. And E is purely a jungle Cho thing. Q is just the initate move.
They're talking about Jayce's moveset to use AGAINST Cho.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
W is better than Q for Jayce for every case except lane clearing or long range poke in a losing lane (and Hammer W can still clear lanes pretty well). People need to realize this!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Mogwai, quick question since I haven't much opportunity at the moment to look it up:

Most of Jayce's damage is AD, right? I'm trying to figure out runes/masteries vs. Jayce with Poppy. I played one the other day, and my jungler wasn't the best at positioning, but he was basically doing Jayce-things to me and it worked a bit too well. I only kept up because I managed a few kills that let me compete with him.

:applejack:

Okuser

Smash Ace
Kayles ***** jayce until he gets some levels on his abilities. then it turns into his favor if the kayle didn't get far enough ahead.

also W maxing on jayce is not as good as yall are letting on.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yeah that's what i figured Okuser, but it seems like Kayle can easily out DPS Jayce in cannon form and if you time your ult well when Jayce decides to go all in you can easily win a fight mid-late game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah that's what i figured Okuser, but it seems like Kayle can easily out DPS Jayce in cannon form and if you time your ult well when Jayce decides to go all in you can easily win a fight mid-late game.
When I did that Kayle vs Jayce match yesterday, I probably lost because he had better top lane runes (had a ton of AD and plenty of armor pen with just a phage) and more experience with his character. He was all "why'd you counterpick yourself" and I was like "wut do vs jayce?"

Also Khazix is out. I know because I'm trying to practice Syndra in blind pick and people keep dodging because they don't get him.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
When I did that Kayle vs Jayce match yesterday, I probably lost because he had better top lane runes (had a ton of AD and plenty of armor pen with just a phage) and more experience with his character. He was all "why'd you counterpick yourself" and I was like "wut do vs jayce?"

Also Khazix is out. I know because I'm trying to practice Syndra in blind pick and people keep dodging because they don't get him.
Im assuming both are running flat ad or armor pen and a bunch or armor when i made my assumptions, yes.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
R can be okay on jayce if you are going for maximal burst since he gets the additional damage on his first auto, but generally I also think it's better to skip if you can. W is not isually maxed first, but I think it's ideal to max second under almost all circumstances. It will surpass Qs damage over prolonged periods because of total AD scaling, and damage is targeted so no likelihood of blocking, plus it doesn't need two skills to be up to use.

Top Bottom