• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Now we get to see how OP support Lux is. :3

This also means that a bunch of silly dummies will be picking support Lux after this and getting wrecked for missing skillshots.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
The choices SK Irelia made are just horrible, I know it's just one game and I'm not going to go out and say he's a bad player, but this particular game he made some very poor choices. Also lol @ AZF winning 4v5 because support Lux did basically nothing.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Until you run into Alistar, Taric, Blitz, Leona, Sona, Ashe, or Vayne.

Or until you get out of lane and aren't doing **** for damage because you didn't get mid farm.

Mind you, I just came from a game I carried as support Lux. She just isn't as good as so many others at the role and she remains super squishy, comparatively, making the trinity grin and start licking their lips waiting to blow you to kingdom come.

What makes you think mid Lux is bad? Once again, there are better people at the role in general, but unlike support Lux (who could be a Blitz or an Ali), there's no one who fills her niche role as well as she. Extremely safe and extremely high burst from the edge of the back row with bonus utility.
Mega delayed response, but I realize I left this argument unresolved with you.

See, the thing about Lux is that she can fight safely, but she can't farm safely in mid lane. She is too dang squishy and not even with a Deathcap will she be able to one-shot caster minions which is hilariously bad considering her defense. Add to that, the fact that you could replace Lux mid with someone actually effective at their role (and broken) like Swain, Morgana, Gragas, etc.

Everything about Lux screams, "Look at me, everyone! I get by solely on base!" Her passive doesn't scale with AP so that's one area where income doesn't matter. She has a 2-second + 1-second snare that never goes up in duration with level, so that's the area where level doesn't matter. She has a shield that is intended for multiple people, which bottom lane always has. She has a 5-second slow/brush revealer with e which is paramount for supports to control. She also has 550 range which caters to the style of run out of brush -> whack -> run back in brush. She also satisfies a niche that Alistar and Blitzcrank don't have: Range.

In my opinion, everything Lux has to offer is wasted in mid lane with the exception of her ult.

Funny that I'm bringing this up while a game with support Lux is going on.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
The Singed pick took me by surprise. I think SK assumed that Shen was going top and that's why they picked Irelia so early, which allowed the Singed counterpick.

Though it could be Kev1n just feels fine with Irelia against anyone.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Kev1n plays a mean Gangplank.

"Funny that I'm bringing this up while a game with support Lux is going on. "

Now a Lux Mid! :o

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Lux is really really strong right now.
Why is this? Is it just that more people are figuring out that she's good, or that other champs that go mid have been nerfed, making her more viable? Or is it something else?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lux has been strong, but everyone just sucks at her

probably takes the most skill of any mid

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lux has been getting tons of small buffs over time when she was never actually bad to begin with, and people are just starting to notice that all those buffs have added up and shes really strong. That and shes hard to use.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
HOLY **** CLG WHAT A FINISH

man i was rooting for sk but goddamn that was a ****ing awesome finish

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*check out stream, load into some team winning*
*camera zooms in on guy repeatedly yelling "f***"
lolwut

league players dude, holy ****

Top Bottom