• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dream team too strong, reinventing the meta with 12 minute dc udyr into 4 gp5s and 5 minute late game ashe

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is hecarim good for average junglers? I'm trying to expand my jungler lineup.
I feel like his ganks are almost as scary as Alistar's, while having a faster clearspeed and more damage lategame. Just my opinion from watching/learning though, I don't play him.

FIRST BLOOD

"ef this game"

I don't know why people give up after first blood..
Just won one earlier where we were down a few towers and like 12-20 in kills, half the team wanted to surrender.
Their Nasus got caught trying to 1v1 on our side of the map for whatever reason, we killed him, got baron, eventually got inhibs and gg. Wish I had more opponents that willing to throw games.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i'm going to try hecarim out. If all else fails i'mma go support hecarim where i deny enemy cs by standing on top of the minions so it isn't a useless buy

Imo alistar ganks are his own tier only because he has all his CC at level 2. Other champs catch up to him by level 6. If you haven't gotten any good ganks off as alistar by level 4 you shoulda picked a different jungler.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Hecarim is a great jungler imo, and an easy one to clear camps with at that. I would personally say hes a good choice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shyvana was my first jungler so i love clearing camps fast <3

I tried Nunu out in the jungle and I can't get a feel for him :[

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sweet. Rengar buffs.

@Ussi hecarim is strong but it can be hard to set up early ganks due to the fact that his best set up is to simply run past somebody and knock them into your teammates similar to flash pulverize headbut as alistar cept you're doing it w/pure MS which can be dangerous if your partners aren't baiting them in far enough/they have flash to get away. Hecarim as a character really relies on team comp compared to some1 like alistar who goes w/....everyone.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i play mainly in premades so that's fine with me

I'm just trying to have variety when my support role gets taken

Support hecarim works like this:

Full armor rune page, 1/15/14 or 1/21/8 masteries.. Hecarim's passive ignores unit collision so he can stand in top of minions and people can't click on them to cs

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
how does that work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFw-C__upQg

I could never understand how this is supposed to work. Sure, if you get full armor runes and a regen pendant, you'll take longer to kill, but it shouldn't take THAT long? If you're just standing on top of a minion, can't they take free shots at you?

And if all else fails, can't the AD and AP carry switch, thus making your armor runes useless?

I wonder if those Ziggs and MF buffs will result in an increase of those champs. The knockback range on Satchel charge...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
To counter support hecarim you use Lulu or Sona.. Or poke oriented soraka. Or Cc champs like Alistar

Actually it sucks i'm just gonna troll my friends with it

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wonder if those Ziggs and MF buffs will result in an increase of those champs. The knockback range on Satchel charge...
Now he can jump over more walls he couldn't before and pushes him farther for escapes, and it looks easier to do, the more important thing imo.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'll check the patch notes in a sec.

Anyway I played a Zilean, despite hearing he is rubbish, and I freaking supported the **** out of the team. Despite having a Twisted Fate that refused to move from mid (making him and a Morg defending mid) and a Miss Fortune that went 5/17/9, the Sion got 29 kills and I got 22 of those assists.

Somehow our minions won it for us.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Thoughts on rengar?

The change in the way the AS buff from his Q is applied seems especially massive because previously it consumed a lot of his AS buff.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i'm 1311 elo now :D only 209 elo till Janna skin

I have a smiteless Xin Zhao jungle going ignite/exhaust and they have a shyvana.. whelp Xin Zhao goes to counter jungle, finds Shyvana, gets first blood. mid and top lane get a kill. my ad carry (who i'm duo queueing with) gets 4 man ganked while the enemy ad carry is back at base from taking too much harass from us.. twice actually xD then team fight happens.. I'm Sona.. so I ult at the group... xin Zhao decides to ult at the same time so my ult hits no one and people get wiped.... after some more throw llike actions and a dc from the enemy mid, XIn zhao gets picked, then its 4v4 and then I ult hitting all 4 and clean sweep to surrender.

Game was harder than it needed to be :|

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bad: no one to initiate and against sustain specifically in bot lane.
Good: Synergy with same people as Orianna (someone who jumps in like Shyvana, Diana, Malphite, JAX.. Olaf is also good as he makes excellent usage of the HP and slow aura).. Also great for poke (Ezreal/Lulu is a great lane) and for pushing waves (glitterlance, and usually push in 2v1) Lulu requires an ad carry with a good laning phase.

Lulu excels at countering CC bot lanes as she pokes as hard as Sona but peels significantly better. Sona is more versatile and can be used with any team comp which is why you'll always see her over Lulu though. This is of course assuming you go full MS runes/masteries and start boots/2ward cause gotta dodge skill shots. This also assumes your ad carry at least positions himself where you can peel for him.

I compare Sona and Lulu because they are the two poking supports. Actually Soraka can counter poke both of them though which is hilarious, but one mistake as poke Soraka and you die as you have nothing to help you escape (Sona has MS buff + ult if all else, Lulu had plenty of peel) plus you push the wave/steal CS using starcall

Okuser

Smash Ace
hahahaha so get this. the team I carried through go4lol is not even going to pick me up.

how ****ed is that?

real stab in the back if you ask me.

Vyke

Smash Champion
It probably isn't because of your play if you carried them. Might be something else.

Ziggs is also getting a 5% buff on the dmg reduction on the outer portion of his ult along with that Satchel change. How many patches will it take until they just make it do 100% in the entire circle? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW

Rengar gonna be ballin' after this patch.

also Hecarim is borderline op pls buy him immediately.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude I don't even get it...

How are you able to talk with your own **** so far down your mouth? I don't get it!

jk jk jk

or am I?

I've been having a lot of fun playing this game lately, y'all are the best <3.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Janna skin comes at 1200 elo? damn i should start playing more so i don't get elo decay.
Janna skin comes at 1500 which is Gold rating. Rewards are based on highest achieved rating (after the reset from a few days ago) rather than your current rating at the end of the season, so if you are above 1500 right now and your elo decays you will still keep the Gold rating

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Janna skin comes at 1500 which is Gold rating. Rewards are based on highest achieved rating (after the reset from a few days ago) rather than your current rating at the end of the season, so if you are above 1500 right now and your elo decays you will still keep the Gold rating
Why aren't you playing until November? : /

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
MF buffs sound nice. The change to her passive helps her a little bit in getting to places, and getting out of them. The ult cast time getting lowered can only be good, too.

It didn't seem to me like they explained what they were going to do with Caitlyn's Piltover, though. Decrease how much the damage is lowered per minion, I guess?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
MF buffs sound nice. The change to her passive helps her a little bit in getting to places, and getting out of them. The ult cast time getting lowered can only be good, too.

It didn't seem to me like they explained what they were going to do with Caitlyn's Piltover, though. Decrease how much the damage is lowered per minion, I guess?
"Piltover Peacemaker
Damage falloff per subsequent target reduced to 10% from 15%
Minimum damage increased to 50% from 40%
90 Caliber Net can no longer be cast while rooted"

i doubt it will help her that much in the face of corki/graves/ezreal right now

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like how in the patch preview they mentioned how Caitlyn is a unique AD carry in that she has long range, but they didn't buff her range.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
help: at 1530elo ish i play top and i get ganked and give first blood like a lot how do i stop without playing like a puccy

Top Bottom