• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So I'm thinking about starting with this game.

Is this a good idea or is it pay-to-win and not fun?
It pay-to-catch-up

Obtain 3 champs (preferablely the ones not instabanned in draft either) for each role (or buy multi-role champs) then focus on 1-2 roles.

Also the game at levels 1-29 is vastly different from level 30.. The worst part is IP is required for runes so you will be set back on getting champs or have to use RP :/

Personally as a player who started half a year ago, i use RP to buy champs on sale.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
vlad is countered by champions with gap closers and burst. akali, j4, irelia, nidalee, jayce etc

I guess that doesn't answer your question. don't pick teemo into vlad lol, not only will he wreck you but he'll do 10x more than you in teamfights because teemo is worthless and vladimir is amazing.
He's countered by Akali at lvl 6, but before that, it's not bad.

If someone wants a great Vlad counter... pick Fizz. Early gap closer, big burst, AND a dot, which is great against Vlad pool. To to mention he can get away for nearly free on a move that's 20947 times more broken than Vlad's pool.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I always get a kick out of answers of "How to vs. X with Y," that end up being "Use Z." :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I'm thinking about starting with this game.

Is this a good idea or is it pay-to-win and not fun?
It's fun. You can pay for stuff, and I'd recommend spending a few dollars if you enjoy the game and play for a while.
For the first like ~10 levels, there's no real need to buy anything with RP, unless maybe a champ is on sale that you're really interested in. There are 10 free champions per week (should be more but that's a different topic) and there are plenty of decent champions that cost 450IP, which isn't much more than a few game's worth of IP.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I still dont get why people say dont buy runes until you're lvl20. tier1 runes have half the effect of tier3 runes but cost 10x less
Saving IP, cause by the time you're level 30, even winning games will only give you 60-110 IP. Also, looking at those tier 1 runes coupled with your 129805989082035 Tier 3 runes looks hideous.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was playing GP Support..

raise morale > shurellya's > ult the enemy team running away > penta kill for ad carry

GP's raise morale is more OP than Jayce's electric gate speed buff thing..

Buff gp pls

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Raise Morale - 10% speed buff for allies for 7 seconds, 20 second CD

Acceleration Gate - 50% > 33.5% > 17% for three seconds, 10 second CD

No.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
dang don't forget the bad *** AD steroid raise morale has
I didn't, but we were comparing the speed boost.

Raise Morale is also easier to give to your whole team since it's huge AoE and you don't have to have everyone walk through a gate... but still not nearly as good.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hardcore practicing for curse tourney tonight, hit me up around 8 pst if you want to get in and are serious about practicing

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Mid lane Eve: "I'm coming through lane for a gank"
Me: "ok don't get trapped" (enemy AD is a Caitlyn)
Eve: *walks through bushes where the traps are, instead of going safely through the lane*
*gets trapped, unsuccessful gank*
****ing classic.
She also rushed Sorc shoes before getting ANY other item. :|

(57 minutes in, both teams missing an inhibitor, 2 enemies are dead)
*Corki goes to solo dragon instead of pushing down a base tower with the rest of his teammates*
*we lose shortly after*

I hope I have enough time to get to 1500 so I can get that sweet skin for Janna who I never play ever

Okuser

Smash Ace

We get $200 and get to play in montly finals now

haha if any of you were watching that game, when I was getting killed by ahri and malphite was sitting in the bush next to me recalling he was texting and had no idea what was going on, I was SCREAMING "HELP ME HELP HELP ME ****ING HELP, ****ING HELP MEEEE" for like 5 seconds untill he realized what was going on and then ulted her just in time to save me.

We had a hearty laugh about it afterwards.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
whats with the client today? its crashed everytime ive finished a game and it just took me about 5 minutes to log back in :\

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How did everyone's 1v1s go? I won my first match then apparently won my second match by default.
won my first two having gotten nunu both times for some reason

my next opponent shouldn't be too difficult since i have time to prepare other champs for this, but the one after that is gonna be my hardest match in the bracket. after that, its free win

Okuser

Smash Ace
I'm running kayle/olaf. I can cover almost any matchup with those 2 and I feel like I have a lot of room to outplay the other person with them.

Vyke

Smash Champion
What did you go vs teemo?
Caitlyn. I didn't push my advantage enough early, and he caught up to my cs lead. Blind 15+ minutes in really ****ing sucks, and her range isn't enough to deal with Move Quick harass.

She seemed pretty solid, slapping traps down in front of healing nodes.

Top Bottom