• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Omg dude

Dyrus on our team, we are stomping super hard

THEN HE GETS DDOS'D WTF

somehow we were stomping so incredibly hard we won 4v5 tho lol

ALSO S2 BETTER NOT END FAST BECAUSE THAT MEANS I ONLY HAVE 1 MONTH TO GET RANK 1 ELO

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Omg dude

Dyrus on our team, we are stomping super hard

THEN HE GETS DDOS'D WTF

somehow we were stomping so incredibly hard we won 4v5 tho lol

ALSO S2 BETTER NOT END FAST BECAUSE THAT MEANS I ONLY HAVE 1 MONTH TO GET RANK 1 ELO
DDOS'ing in League is extremely easy I've heard. :(

MrEh

Smash Hero
Lux has more potential for awesome skins.

Besides, I don't wanna spend my money on boring characters.
I'm not saying that Lux's skins are good or anything.

But no one can really say that Lux deserves a new skin over Soraka, especially since Soraka was in the game since the Beta.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Can someone summarize the Phantomlord thing for those of us that are at work and probably won't care to watch the video when we get home?

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
guess that champion!!!: ranked pentakill followed by quadrakill followed by triplekill :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
has anyone played Syndra yet? Just tried her out, she's sooo fun. Idk if she's "good" or not but tossing **** around is so satisfying. Her ult seems really strong too, and with CDR it goes below 60 seconds. She can also cast Q while moving, which seems like a major strength.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
He got Several $100 donations, a $500 donation and a $1000 donation. Along with about 50 different $0.02 donations.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Can someone summarize the Phantomlord thing for those of us that are at work and probably won't care to watch the video when we get home?

basically phantomlord talking about going to IEM/comicon with v8, tree ******/rambo and stuff and how he hated it/crying over the fact that the whole team wanted to bench him at the tourney

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wasn't that like a year ago? And why is he getting money for this? People undergo actual, debilitating/crippling hardships every day and they don't get anything, or necessarily even whine (look at the paralympics for crying out loud!).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Wasn't that like a year ago? And why is he getting money for this? People undergo actual, debilitating/crippling hardships every day and they don't get anything, or necessarily even whine (look at the paralympics for crying out loud!).

that's nothing compared to your team wanting to bench you because you literally could only play karthus at a tournament with draft mode on!

bassem6

Smash Lord

that's nothing compared to your team wanting to bench you because you literally could only play karthus at a tournament with draft mode on!
They weren't giving him money because of that necessarily but to show him support in general. He never really asks for donations but somebody asked him if they could donate to support his stream and he said yes. Then that opened the floodgates for many people donating to him as well.

His stream is pretty entertaining and he does fan games and streams lessons and stuff so he helps the community out. I think getting 2 $1000 (yes im pretty sure he got 2) was kind of crazy excessive but like I guess certain people really do appreciate him that much.

Also in his defense, he could also play brand and the team kind of decided last second to bench him. Like he was already there and told his brother and whoever else to come watch him live the pro gaming dream and they flew to come watch him play.

So there was mistakes from both sides in regards to that debacle IMO.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
finally got to play eve mid

feels so good to play her without being called a troll pick

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Today, I present the story of the little lee sin who thought he was an ad carry.

Once upon a time, there was a Lee Sin that was brand new to summoners rift. Not knowing what to build, he decided that he would rush a bloodthirster, thinking that the ad and life steal would help him win his lane against the menace, Darius.

However! Darius was continuously winning their small battles, walking away each time with yet another kill, leaving Lee Sin farther and farther from his bloodthirster. His team cried, "buy some armor, that's why you are losing!" After time, he agreed with his team that he was losing because he had no armor, but would he give up getting first item bloodthirster? Nay!

As the game progressed, Lee Sin's score grow lower and lower. Why was he losing? Was it because he only had boots and a bloodthirster at 25 minutes? It couldn't be, so he decided to blame his jungler for not babysitting his lane. He also saw fault in the ad carry who also got a bloodthirster first, why would you do that?

And as the game came to a close, his team turned to him and asked, "why did you build a bloodthirster and not tanky items?"

"Because I'm an AD carry."

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been hearing about Eve mid a lot lately. How in the world does she farm?

AP Eve is probably bonkers, but I can't see her laning in mid.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
just dont pick her first and wait to see their mid

i imagine cass/kass/gragas/zilean/annie beat her pretty badly

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I've been running a massive amount of Cho lately, but as AP mid. It is actually really strong against a lot of fotm/"op" picks. base 30s MR and high base damages/tankiness is really good. At 6 you can literally one shot anyone if you lane a Q too.

Last ranked game I played I combod a level 6 mundo when i was 7 and took his blue, so the anivia complained all game as I ate her.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Eve mid is strong, lots of burst and the ultimate roamer, get dat Soulstealer early nahmean

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What's with the meta suddenly shifting from IE rushes back to bloodthirsters? The item itself hasn't really had any changes, only the characters who used them... and in the case of corki, IE is still probably the best BF item for him.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Today, I present the story of the little lee sin who thought he was an ad carry.

Once upon a time, there was a Lee Sin that was brand new to summoners rift. Not knowing what to build, he decided that he would rush a bloodthirster, thinking that the ad and life steal would help him win his lane against the menace, Darius.

However! Darius was continuously winning their small battles, walking away each time with yet another kill, leaving Lee Sin farther and farther from his bloodthirster. His team cried, "buy some armor, that's why you are losing!" After time, he agreed with his team that he was losing because he had no armor, but would he give up getting first item bloodthirster? Nay!

As the game progressed, Lee Sin's score grow lower and lower. Why was he losing? Was it because he only had boots and a bloodthirster at 25 minutes? It couldn't be, so he decided to blame his jungler for not babysitting his lane. He also saw fault in the ad carry who also got a bloodthirster first, why would you do that?

And as the game came to a close, his team turned to him and asked, "why did you build a bloodthirster and not tanky items?"

"Because I'm an AD carry."

[/URL]
I build BT on Lee first don't hate.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What's with the meta suddenly shifting from IE rushes back to bloodthirsters? The item itself hasn't really had any changes, only the characters who used them... and in the case of corki, IE is still probably the best BF item for him.
Poking harder with dem ad ratios and sustaining better. More damage to turrents as well. Its more about objective control than winning fights

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't trust my team to protect me, so i go bt first

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So those people that love playing support in solo queue... how do you do it? Just lost two in a row, felt helpless. I gave advice ("hey karthus their mid is going to be pantheon, take armor runes!" *notice that he only has 15 armor and gives up first blood* or "hey trist lee is coming and panth can ult down, back to the turret!" *she stays and dies*) Even if our team doesn't get ****ed up in the lane phase, when teamfights come around, all I can do is CC key targets and pray my team wins it. Like, supports can ward the map and help win the game that way, but I do that when I play other roles too.

tl;dr I despise playing support because it feels like a big gamble. I normally play Taric or Nunu, Soraka if I really want to hate myself. How do you guys do it and carry?

Top Bottom