• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I like it better when Bronze is 1600.

That way, people don't think they're good for hitting 1300. lol
1300+ is sort of the top 25% of people who play ranked. 1600 is top 1% I believe, that's overdoing it just a tad.

Just learn darius brah. dat **** cray...and op
I never understood why people think darius is op, granted part of it may be that on his release I was on a kennen tilt.

Plus he doesn't solve the core feeling of my play being pretty much irrelevant to whether or not I win the lane, especially on purple side,

Okuser

Smash Ace
cool. my game just got DDossed right before we were about to win.

solo queue is evolving, finding newer ways to **** me over.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
really glad everyone ignores zero gamers troll *** drivel
:/ I guess I should just stop posting then. I thought I was giving my own insight on an opinion about carries, but I guess I should get on a better level before always making cut and dry opinions.

But since we're here, tell me what good MF and Vayne can do so I can learn.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Vayne can shred tanks. Vayne is a good carry.. Late game. In this metagame late game doesn't come its all about early-mid game. That and her laning phase sucks and her best support is perma-banned

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's just bronze, top 25% is fine for bronze.
With a game like League, the playerbase is SOOO huge that it's not hard to hit the top 25%. There's so many people on the League boards crying for Riot to make Bronze and Silver badges, just so they can get more e-peen. It's ridiculous.

Hell, even I'm Bronze and all I did was troll in ranked. That's ridiculous and should not happen.

1600 should be Bronze.
1700 should be Silver.
1800 should be Gold.
1900 should be Platinum.

Then people can't toss around their 1520 ELO Gold badges thinking that they're the best players ever. lol

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
With a game like League, the playerbase is SOOO huge that it's not hard to hit the top 25%. There's so many people on the League boards crying for Riot to make Bronze and Silver badges, just so they can get more e-peen. It's ridiculous.

Hell, even I'm Bronze and all I did was troll in ranked. That's ridiculous and should not happen.

1600 should be Bronze.
1700 should be Silver.
1800 should be Gold.
1900 should be Platinum.

Then people can't toss around their 1520 ELO Gold badges thinking that they're the best players ever. lol
300 elo isn't that huge of a difference between Bronze and Platinum, I think the brackets should be farther apart honestly

1600 Bronze
1800 Silver
2000 Gold
2200 Platinum

Gold should be where people start getting very good, with low Platinum being near professional level. 1600 for Bronze isn't bad at all, I think anyone can get to 1600s once they have solid fundamentals and when their mechanics no longer get in the way of good play. And 1800 has always been that middle ground of solid players and good ones on the rise, nothing says middle like silver

But I'm 1100 elo what do I know

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
It's also a nice clean 1k above the starting elo of 1200, I think it works perfectly, it'll keep players' goals high and separate the current 1900 platinum players from the 2300s

Turazrok

Smash Master
As someone who took the game slightly seriously at one point I never got above 1498. And I wasn't awful or anything. Idk I felt like I could beat 1600s in lane. And have done so :/

:phone:

Okuser

Smash Ace
300 elo isn't that huge of a difference between Bronze and Platinum, I think the brackets should be farther apart honestly

1600 Bronze
1800 Silver
2000 Gold
2200 Platinum

Gold should be where people start getting very good, with low Platinum being near professional level. 1600 for Bronze isn't bad at all, I think anyone can get to 1600s once they have solid fundamentals and when their mechanics no longer get in the way of good play. And 1800 has always been that middle ground of solid players and good ones on the rise, nothing says middle like silver

But I'm 1100 elo what do I know
1900= platinum
2300= diamond

Vyke

Smash Champion
Diamond should be 2.5-6k imo. I know they're making Diamond, but I hope it's absurdly high standard like it should be.

Okuser

Smash Ace
The elo categories should reflect the biggest differences in skill. which would be:

people in 1700-1900(gold), the people that float around from 1900-2200(plat). the people that actually get to 2300 and above(diamond).

and I have no idea how the skill differences are in lower elos, so I guess yall can fill in the rest of my thing.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think I get ya. I was just thinking it should be some super high skill ceiling because adding a fifth badge already seems superfluous, so why not just make the fifth badge something like a Legendary thing.

Top Bottom