• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So those people that love playing support in solo queue... how do you do it? Just lost two in a row, felt helpless. I gave advice ("hey karthus their mid is going to be pantheon, take armor runes!" *notice that he only has 15 armor and gives up first blood* or "hey trist lee is coming and panth can ult down, back to the turret!" *she stays and dies*) Even if our team doesn't get ****ed up in the lane phase, when teamfights come around, all I can do is CC key targets and pray my team wins it. Like, supports can ward the map and help win the game that way, but I do that when I play other roles too.

tl;dr I despise playing support because it feels like a big gamble. I normally play Taric or Nunu, Soraka if I really want to hate myself. How do you guys do it and carry?
Dodge queue when you realize your team is ********.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Only supports you can carry with are permabanned

Unless you are named jpak and carry with janna np

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only supports you can carry with are permabanned

Unless you are named jpak and carry with janna np

:phone:
Janna is pretty good at carrying in solo q. I have success with Lulu too though that's more my opponents being bad and not knowing how to deal with poke.

New Lux art is terrible, i'm happy i never bought her. While it has more emotion in it, its like... insanity spam /L emotion

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
New art is better. Her face is pretty derpy, but it's still better then the original.
Totes.

Most of the new art lately have been improvements. I can't say I like the new Morgana one though :\ especially the in-game icon.

Dodge queue when you realize your team is ********.
"Never play this game"
but in all seriousness I rarely dodge. If my teammates are clearly ***holes, or not communicating at all, then I probably will, but it's generally hard to tell until you get in the game.

Just got to play mid finally, carried HARD with Malz because I got fed and people kept grouping up so his E would bounce between them. Felt so good after recent streak of games...

Okuser

Smash Ace
What's with the meta suddenly shifting from IE rushes back to bloodthirsters? The item itself hasn't really had any changes, only the characters who used them... and in the case of corki, IE is still probably the best BF item for him.

Nah, IE isn't that good on corki anymore since they changed how his passive works with crits, he doesn't get huge monster crits anymore so more people get BT.

BT is a great item to get first cuz the sustain is amazing meaning you'll outlane someone that gets IE first. and you'll get the item out before them because its way cheaper than IE or tri.

I was getting BT first on graves/ ez back when everyone would just build IE and got flamed a lot for it rofl. I'm always ahead of the curve when it comes to AD carry ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nah, IE isn't that good on corki anymore since they changed how his passive works with crits, he doesn't get huge monster crits anymore so more people get BT.

BT is a great item to get first cuz the sustain is amazing meaning you'll outlane someone that gets IE first. and you'll get the item out before them because its way cheaper than IE or tri.

I was getting BT first on graves/ ez back when everyone would just build IE and got flamed a lot for it rofl. I'm always ahead of the curve when it comes to AD carry ****.
People did that on Graves too, or at least it was super common before BT got nerfed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd love to duo if I didn't feel like I sucked so much, elo is around 900 atm.

Sona is my personal support who I think can carry do that super high burst in bot lane bros. Also make sure you are arcade sona.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
tl;dr I despise playing support because it feels like a big gamble. I normally play Taric or Nunu, Soraka if I really want to hate myself. How do you guys do it and carry?
Sort of like Ussi said, maybe people can't deal with intelligent poke at low elo, so I'm a big sona fan recently. As support you just have to accept you can play a great game and still lose because of your limited impact.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you hate support it sucks to get that role in solo queue, personally I love support but another story.

Right now aggressive supports, especially at low elo, are pretty good at helping your AD carry carry the game if not you for support gold.

Play Alistar, Blitzcrank, Sona, Leona, Taric, etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Every lane gives stories of "win lane, lose game" people just are more vocal on it about supports cause they don't know how to support right

Gonna say this too, poke will beat out kill lanes if you do it right. i use ms quints and start boots/2ward as they can't harass me back as Alistar/Leona/Blitz and i'm nimble enough to avoid skill shots

Sona pretty much will carry bot lane the best at low elo. Poke, heal, and aoe CC? Her drawback is being squishy but with skill difference you won't get hit and good positioning

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
^ seems legit
Every lane gives stories of "win lane, lose game" people just are more vocal on it about supports cause they don't know how to support right

Gonna say this too, poke will beat out kill lanes if you do it right. i use ms quints and start boots/2ward as they can't harass me back as Alistar/Leona/Blitz and i'm nimble enough to avoid skill shots

Sona pretty much will carry bot lane the best at low elo. Poke, heal, and aoe CC? Her drawback is being squishy but with skill difference you won't get hit and good positioning
I definitely agree, it's just that support is my least favorite role and it's quite unfun to buy/practice champs for the role I want to play least. I mean, I love good Sona supports, I just remember sucking at her last free week I played and would rather practice other things. Leona also might be fun, but I sucked at her on her free week too lol. The most fun support I've played is Karma, except she's not a viable support :O
The thing is with other lanes, such as mid/jungle, I can at least help lanes that are losing early/mid game. If I'm support, I can't really "roam" because my AD will inevitably die 1v2.
Support is fine by me if my team is smart, but too often I find myself supporting and people feed during lane phase, or get caught at horrible times, and there's nothing I can do to win at that point ;_;

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This new art makes me want to play Lux even more.

And shes already one of my most played champions.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Hmmmm...new Lux splash art...I dunno. Doesn't feel like it looks like her.

(I know, I know, new splash art)

Top Bottom