• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
I don't see why you go Chalice on Annie, considering that she doesn't need the mana regen at all. On some hard match-ups, maybe, but that's really what Doran's are for in the first place. She doesn't really need to expend any mana at all when you last hit with her Q. Starting Meki just screams for an actual good enemy mid to get all up in yo grill.
This. But Zyth already knows what I think of meki-pendant starts. :)

Zyth whats your annie build?

I've been doing double dorans Dcap for the longest but should I be building something different if i'm dominating my lane?
I would go 1-2 dorans into a kage's pick. Then depending on how the game is going/how much money you're making go into deathcap or deathfire. After that just build around the other team; I like to consider abyssal, hextech, or void (if they have a lot of mr).

zyth

Smash Lord
lol I like the Meki start because I generally Harass a lot with Annie, to the point where I go for the QW stun combo whenever i have stun. Generally i try to get kills more than farm with Annie but Im trying to change that. I farmed and killed only once in my last match and had a Deathcap at 13 mins.

Chalice builds into Unholy grail which is a good mid item for the increased AP Magres and MP regen early in the game. its a viable item if not one of the best early ones for mid.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And then I learned that Diana is banned most ranked games to keep the fail Dianas off your team

Leacero

Smash Lord
lol I like the Meki start because I generally Harass a lot with Annie, to the point where I go for the QW stun combo whenever i have stun. Generally i try to get kills more than farm with Annie but Im trying to change that. I farmed and killed only once in my last match and had a Deathcap at 13 mins.

Chalice builds into Unholy grail which is a good mid item for the increased AP Magres and MP regen early in the game. its a viable item if not one of the best early ones for mid.
You can't harass other AP mids early like that as Annie considering they'll most likely have boots and higher spell ranges than you... and if you ever stop to do an auto near the minion wave you'll be taking more dmg from the minions than you dealt. Against a good player mid you'll do much better with boots than with a meki, both in terms of harass and safety. Her cooldowns are low enough that you can get a stun quickly, so don't be afraid to use her spells to CS. That was another thing we noticed in the inhouses we spectatated: you let a lot of cs go because you didn't want to spend your stun.

Chalice IMO is very dependent on the champion. For example, it's good on Galio and I like it on champs like Anivia, Swain, or maybe Heimer. Even then it's not a 100% buy (except Galio). Getting chalice early as opposed to say 2 dorans (which only costs 60 more) will make you lose more trades early as I don't think the MR that it gives will outweigh the AP/hp from the dorans.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah Zyth, take boots to start 100% of the time. If you're that worried about mana, which you shouldn't be, start with 2 health potions and a mana potion.

I keep seeing Chogaths lately and they inevitably become an unstoppable force, it's so scary ;_;

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Adding to what Lea said, Unholy Grail is also good on Kass and Ori. Basically it's good on every AP mid that uses mana, but it's not always optimal. As you play AP Mid more, you'll be able to balance last hitting with CSing. Don't miss a ton of CS just because you have a stun up or you want to harass. If you don't come up on top in terms of damage and you miss more CS than they do...it's not good.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah after reading your initial build you don't build like any damage until at the very least 13 minutes into the game. I feel like thats kind of unsafe.

isn't the point of annie to do a godly amount of damage in like 1.5 seconds?

I definitely will try the double dorans Kage's start tho. seems pretty legit seeing as I do eventually build DFG anyway.

oh and not having boots at the beginning of the game with Annie? seems pretty gruesome. everyone knows what you are going for whenever they see that swirl around you but you won't be catching anyone who has boots. lol

D

Deleted member

I just spent 30 minutes in PBE queue. people really wanna try rengar lol

Vyke

Smash Champion

I don't actually think Athene is worth getting it on any mid early if you can manage your mana and are constantly getting blues anyway. The only mids I can see picking it are extremely mana hungry champions such as Swain, Anivia, Ziggs, Orianna, etc.

I definitely value Abyssal way over it. Maybe I should read other people's posts before I post, but oh well.

THIS IS TONIGHT. REMINDER AGAIN CUZ OF PAGE JOHNS.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Orianna isn't as mana hungry as people think, you just have to be smart with her and auto attack harass a lot instead of spamming W or whatever it is that people do. Rushing Chalice/Athene's on her just makes me cringe, as does RoA—she has a very good shield, so just be a man and get 2-3 Dorans and that Deathcap ASAP

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah as far as the grail I definitely build that like 3rd Item

like with Ori I'll do Boots pots -> chalice -> NLR to Deathcap ->insert start of next needed item (usually Rylais or void staff -> holy grail. -> finish other item.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
anyone have any tips for nunu jungle? Im not level 30 yet so I havent bought runes so keep that in mind.
I've actually been playing a good amount of jungle Nunu lately, so here's my advice:

Eat their ****. Ward their buffs. Eat more of their ****. Get an early Dragon because you can kill it in like two seconds. Then eat every last piece of **** they have.

Late-game, hope that they don't CC you and /l at their 1/8 jungle Nocturne.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Orianna isn't as mana hungry as people think, you just have to be smart with her and auto attack harass a lot instead of spamming W or whatever it is that people do. Rushing Chalice/Athene's on her just makes me cringe, as does RoA—she has a very good shield, so just be a man and get 2-3 Dorans and that Deathcap ASAP
what is this

you level 26

get out of here

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I bet you also think Lux is a good ap

Lovage

Smash Hero
lux is actually a great aggressive support

i consider this useless information, because 99% of lux players SUCK ****

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wouldnt say Lux is bottom tier, low tier though, yeah. But her brother, hes def bottom tier lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Who do you mainly support with? I've been duoqing on my smurf with Slox with pretty ridiculous results so far (he locks in my AD since he's usually first pick as I'm unranked) and I just pick him support. Feel free to hit me up for a duoq norm or ranked if you want tips or anything. I could always use some D:
I play taric, janna, and alistar, although my sona has been doing well enough in normals I may try her in ranked. I may start playing blitz in ranked, and my soraka does well but I'm not confident playing her in ranked since she is much more dependent on the AD.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
so playing kat on PBE with the changes riot proposed

shes lost about 1/3+ of her immediate burst damage while QWE do nothing immediately and seem like they are now designed for you to sit there and roll your face on the keyboard enough times that something might die eventually. i'm missing out on so many kills right now cause QEW is doing less damage than old WQE used to

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Shes not bad by any means, she just doesnt really fit well in the current meta.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
lux is actually a great aggressive support

i consider this useless information, because 99% of lux players SUCK ****
She's probably the most fun I've ever had supporting, cause she just throws things at them. But people don't let me do it because no one believes in Lux support (and there are enough terrible Luxes to poison views).

ur dum .

she is actually a good character lol
I'm curious, why do you think she's good?

Top Bottom