• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
at this point i've seen it all

so I'm fine with people calling spots. like I've seen 1st pick mid feed and last pick Ranged AD dominate so its whatever.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Solo Queue guidelines clearly dictate that the last guy ALWAYS SUPPORT, usually with a champ that's mad boring and a girl

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
how are you guys building diana?
That's what I'm still trying to figure out. I've only jungled with her, haven't tried laning. Since her ganks suck pre-6, I have enjoyed starting amp tome + potion and clearing jungle until I'm level 4 and can afford lucky pick + boots. Then Philo Stone after? Or maybe Sheen? Into Abyssal, into DFG, into ____

I prefer building her tanky. Abyssal, Rylai's, Sunfire, Frozen Heart all seem like good items for that, but they're kinda expensive her gold income is slow because she won't be getting early ganks like the junglers I'm used to playing.

D

Deleted member

been playing dominion with the diana login music in the BG for the past hour and this is pretty enjoyable

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
so how do you guys feel about trying to assign roles in ranked? Do you prefer whoever is in the top few slots can pick whatever lane they want, or ppl should call the lane they want to get it?
I almost always call out the roles I prefer to play, but always leave the option that I can play w/e.

I almost always get the role I want lately though. And it's been working so far.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If im top 2-3 I tell them what roles I want to play, but if im one of the last picks ill usualy just take whatever is needed.

Coney

Smash Master
i love it when people try to pull that "higher pick = first priority" **** in normals

like i'll say i wanna top because i wanna top cho because i wanna play chogath

and someone will pick a top without saying anything

and so we double top and they complain constantly while i farm away with cho and we lose in 20 mins

Vyke

Smash Champion
I love it when people pull that "I called it first therefore I must get it" **** in normals.

You're really no better than mid or feed.

Coney

Smash Master
maybe not, but who cares, it's normals

and it's one thing if the person says "let me top, i want to play _______ "

or even if they pick top and apologize and say they were on the toilet or something, that's fine

but when they don't say **** and just pick before me and i get shoehorned into support? we rollin 2 deep

What's The Point

Smash Master
The guy who picks first doesn't really need to call it. He's already picking first. Clearly he also queued up because he wants to top since he picked top.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
kat rework gonna suck
calling it now
new model is ok
It looks like basically the same thing, except better? She loses a bit of damage on her ult, but she has a new aoe ability and her bouncing blades are now akali's Q...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Except they implemented the shunpo part of W into shunpo, and the Q part of W into her ult? And now she has an extra skill to do damage with?
At first I thought it was a persistent aoe thing like Sejuani's aoe or Diana's, but after rereading, I guess it is more like Akali's. Still, it definitely looks better (although we haven't seen numbers)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Been playing very well and losing lots of elo. Mixed feelings, but 'tis the life of a stubborn support main. I'm sure I'll get carried out of a bad game soon.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Just did. Played pretty meh, died like 4 times which is way too much but somewhat forgivable that it was the lowest on either team. But despite my lackluster performance duoq partner played their A game and we won. Duoq OP.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I tend to do a lot worse when I'm queued with friends/a group as opposed to when I'm in solo queue. I need to relax.

S l o X

Smash Champion
new champion is extremely fun and i will love to see him in competitive play.

obviously run top or jungle but i think he will be better top.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Been playing very well and losing lots of elo. Mixed feelings, but 'tis the life of a stubborn support main. I'm sure I'll get carried out of a bad game soon.
It sucks but keep grinding away, and remember that at lower elos there are still things to be learned. Experience is huge—keep accumulating knowledge and eventually you'll be too good not to move into a higher elo bracket. Nhat says it takes about 1000 ranked games of experience to get to 1900-level play and I tend to believe every word that man says

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I feel like if you REALLY feel you aren't supposed to be in Low Elo then what you are learning is how to Carry

I'm still going like 10-1-5 and not Winning games because I don't call out plays/don't really know what I should be doing at certain times.

that and acute mid lane matchup experience. figured out brand is pretty good against Ahri pre-6 (imo)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Just did. Played pretty meh, died like 4 times which is way too much but somewhat forgivable that it was the lowest on either team. But despite my lackluster performance duoq partner played their A game and we won. Duoq OP.
Who do you mainly support with? I've been duoqing on my smurf with Slox with pretty ridiculous results so far (he locks in my AD since he's usually first pick as I'm unranked) and I just pick him support. Feel free to hit me up for a duoq norm or ranked if you want tips or anything. I could always use some D:

I tend to do a lot worse when I'm queued with friends/a group as opposed to when I'm in solo queue. I need to relax.
Don't forget there is also more synergy and teamwork as well depending on the number of friends you Q with. Protecting AD carry and proper positioning/team grouping play much bigger factors.

I'm still going like 10-1-5 and not Winning games because I don't call out plays/don't really know what I should be doing at certain times.

that and acute mid lane matchup experience. figured out brand is pretty good against Ahri pre-6 (imo)
Very true, I've almost exclusively have only played AD carry for the past few months, playing every AD carry except for Twitch and I need to pick up Urgot now that he was retweaked (I think?). I've definitely noticed an improvement in my gameplay going into ranked due to this.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
in low elo what do you guys feel like is the best support?

i've been running Janna as my support regardless of my elo and I must say Janna support in the 1500s seems to work 100x better than in the sub 1200s.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
in low elo what do you guys feel like is the best support?

i've been running Janna as my support regardless of my elo and I must say Janna support in the 1500s seems to work 100x better than in the sub 1200s.
Alistar/Taric, start boots pot if your a man with an aggressive bot lane AD carry.

Then probably Sona with her buffs and Soraka for the easy.

Alistar because you can straight up roam and go behind towers and gank people mid/top with your ult after 6 and effect multiple lanes. As long as you learn to space your Q and W properly (W>Q combo isn't always optimal). If you can W into wall then Q, or Q then W into wall you gain precious seconds of CC that can make or break kills.

Taric is just man mode, easily visible initiation for your bot lane AD. Max W over heal if your AD proves he doesn't take as much harassment as he dishes out.

Janna is good but she doesn't remove mistakes that the ad carry makes very well. Plus your ult is more for peel than for initiation which doesn't enable you to dictate skirmishes like Taric/Alistar/Sona could.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Best low elo support is an aggressive but smart Sona. Ward offensively and poke the other lane down, then ping your target and flash->ult when you hit 6. Save your carries in team fights with your ult or kite around their carries/assassins.

Go Alistar or Taric if the opposing lane goes something cheesy like Leona/Blitz/Graves but even in low elo I still think sustain/poke > kill lane, most random low elo ADs aren't used to aggressive support play and don't know when to go HAM

Unless you're duo with the AD, then just go Panth-Taric alldai

zyth

Smash Lord
so wdf determines how much elo you win or lose? one match ago i had a non-communicating yi bot and a fail shyv jungle so we surrendered in 20 and i lost 20 elo.

this match i go 14/1 Annie, my team as a whole does great and it lasts 36 mins. I get 17 Elo.

seriously what. the. ****.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Zyth whats your annie build?

I've been doing double dorans Dcap for the longest but should I be building something different if i'm dominating my lane?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
your first 20 games i think you will see a lot of fluctuation in elo loss and gain. it also matters on what the elo of your opposing team is compared to yours if your team is the higher elo overall.. then you will lose more if you guys lose thus if you win you gain less since you were supposed to win. same way if your team is the lower elo you will gain more if you win and lose less elo when you lose (because the system expected you to lose). i guess that kinda explains it kinda ish

zyth

Smash Lord
Zyth whats your annie build?

I've been doing double dorans Dcap for the longest but should I be building something different if i'm dominating my lane?
I usually start boots or meki pendant, getting chalice and boots on my first back with meki start or catalyst if i started boots. from there i try to get either RoA or Unholy grail dependin on wat i started getting boots 2 along the way. after that i try to getRylais to get extra health and the slow is nice with annies q having a low cooldown. I get spell pen if they have any at that point and usualy get zhonyas or WotA last.

your first 20 games i think you will see a lot of fluctuation in elo loss and gain. it also matters on what the elo of your opposing team is compared to yours if your team is the higher elo overall.. then you will lose more if you guys lose thus if you win you gain less since you were supposed to win. same way if your team is the lower elo you will gain more if you win and lose less elo when you lose (because the system expected you to lose). i guess that kinda explains it kinda ish
I guess that makes since but the match i lost was someones first ranked game

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't see why you go Chalice on Annie, considering that she doesn't need the mana regen at all. On some hard match-ups, maybe, but that's really what Doran's are for in the first place. She doesn't really need to expend any mana at all when you last hit with her Q. Starting Meki just screams for an actual good enemy mid to get all up in yo grill.

THIS IS TONIGHT

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I always worry about people who start Meki pendant. I used to see a lot of supports start that (back when I played blind....ugh), and it was just...bad.

Top Bottom