• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

zyth

Smash Lord
Diana is fun.....I'm contemplating wat items to build her with tho. any thoughts on this build?

Merc treds > Nashors tooth> Hextech revovler >Rylais> Lich Bane> Deathcap> Gunblade

Vyke

Smash Champion
Huh, I just noticed Diana's passive has a .6 AP Ratio. Nuts. I'd probably build her like Akali considering she's pretty much just an Akali made to Jungle.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Remember back when I thought Diana should rush Gunblade and everyone called me an idiot? Good times.

I still maintain that Diana has really weak CC, though.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Having an Orianna ultimate as CC is weak? I mean, I realize it doesn't do damage and whatnot... but it's pretty good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Orianna's ult stuns for longer than Diana's E.

And it's much easier to land Orianna's ult because it isn't centered around a champion.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, I'd probably skip the gunblade for a deathfire's or something. I don't see her AAs as being a big factor because she needs 3 hits to get it off since it doesn't charge automatically.

At least imo

Vyke

Smash Champion
Deathfire seems pretty good (though that item is seeming pretty good on pretty much anyone who wants a lot of AP ever since the change), Rylai might be iffy, though it's a good slow for her ult. Abyssal seems great, she gets in close a lot. Lichbane probably had a poopload of synergy with her cleave. Gunblade doesn't sound bad, but she doesn't have the multi-scaling passive that Akali has... so it's most likely skippable.

Orianna's ult works the same way, except it has .5 second delay and the radius is 40 units shorter than Diana's. Though Diana also has a 35%-55% slow tacked on for 2 seconds afterwards. Seems just as good to me. It just doesn't have 300 dmg tacked on to it, but hey... it isn't an ult.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ive been building her Beserker greaves>Rageblade>Gunblade>Trinity force>Wits end>Guardian angel.

It's devestating.

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's also expensive and probably not going to work for much longer when people don't feed you a barrel full of kills.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I took on an Akali, Olaf and Shaco 3v1 and got a triple with that build lol.

It is very expensive though yes.

But I was getting lots of kills ganking lanes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
She is extremely mana starved if you don't get constant blue buffs though. I'm thinking of rushing Frozen Heart on her. Maybe something like lucky pick, glacial shroud, DFG, frozen heart, Abyssal. Rylai's in there somewhere maybe. Still not sure, but I definitely want to build her tanky. Attack speed doesn't seem as necessary on her as I thought, it seems better to build tanky so you can survive long enough to proc her passive repeatedly, and you want the ability to stick to targets. Mallet might be better for that than Rylai's, idk. I don't really see how Gunblade is good on her? She doesn't need AD at all, it gives no tankiness or AS, and she doesn't benefit from lifesteal or much from spellvamp.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You could take on anyone with that build, on any character suited towards it. That doesn't change how grossly expensive and inefficient it is if you're assuming your opponents don't spoon feed you. I'm not sayin' that you shouldn't build those items if you're super far ahead... I'm sayin' that you should probably work out a build for when you aren't.

Mana Starved? I've pretty much heard the opposite. Heck, her main farming/harassing tool has a straight 55 base cost that never goes up. And she starts with 230 mana, and gains 40 per level... so she pretty much gets an extra Q each level up.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Mana Starved? I've pretty much heard the opposite. Heck, her main farming/harassing tool has a straight 55 base cost that never goes up. And she starts with 230 mana, and gains 40 per level... so she pretty much gets an extra Q each level up.
Have you played her? Her mana costs look low, but if you want to clear with a decent speed, you drain mana sooo fast. I watched Stonewall's Diana video and he also said he was afraid of what could happen if she was denied blue buff.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Pretty much what Dphat said. That's not really an uncommon thing if you want to clear fast. I run OOM on Hecarim a lot, but I usually always have enough Regen with a Philo to be able to gank. Might be why Phreak recommended it on her. Can probably just sub it for 2 Doran's Rings, but with the new Korean Meta coming up, Philo and Kage probably the way to go.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Some junglers are slower without their first blue buff. Some champions are **** without their first blue buff. It's a pretty simple difference.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Taric is probably king support of 1100, easy as hell to use, ad carrys can't last hit, might as well farm champions.

And I was reading some random thread a while back with a low elo player asking for advice to play alistar and someone said they should learn how to w>q. :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol at Diana being mana hungry in the jungle. Just auto attack and use a shield here or there, you dont need your other skills after level 3 to kill jungle creeps.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So I may have just gotten a thousand dota 2 keys. Anyone want one?

zyth

Smash Lord
get most kills least deaths in a ranked and win: +18
get most kills least deaths in a ranked and lose: -22

wdf

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
get most kills least deaths in a ranked and win: +18
get most kills least deaths in a ranked and lose: -22

wdf
K/D has nothing to do with elo gain/loss. It sounds like you're in placement matches or something, where elo is impacted more greatly :x

D

Deleted member

I just got 32 elo for one of my placement matches so I think not

edit: anyone have a good ali jungle guide? I was just kind of building him as support and it worked okay but im sure I can do better

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
^ You don't need to have a point, to have a point. (If you get the reference I feel sorry for your childhood, if not don't worry about it)

Also, in case anyone is interested, I am really liking having the option of having gosu pepper style rune setups in my pages. I rarely go into a (tryhard) queue saying "I'm going to use these runes" but they have proved invaluable when the enemy lane gets scary all of the sudden. Example: I don't remember exactly what happened, but I got baited into thinking that they had a nunu support. I picked sona, and they countered with leona. Having Gosu runes (and actually nhat style masteries for that one because I wanted to start 3 ward 2 pot) let me have the tankiness to be confident and assertive in lane and we ended up really dumping on them.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I got my first quadra ever in blind pick with Diana... and then my next game I get my second quadra ever in ranked with Sivir. Ok then!

zyth

Smash Lord
so how do you guys feel about trying to assign roles in ranked? Do you prefer whoever is in the top few slots can pick whatever lane they want, or ppl should call the lane they want to get it?

Top Bottom