• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
heya guys. Long time smasher but i dont post much anymore... Anyway I've seem to hit a rut in solo queue. I'm looking for a duo partner I'm stuck in 1350-1400 range atm. I don't feed but I think I'm missing something... somewhere. problem is I can't find it. if anyone wants to help me out please reply :) you can check my match history if you like... the name is Xisin on league of legends as well.

D

Deleted member

UPDATED CHO BUILD:

boots+ 3 red pots

2 dorans/ kages

ABYSSAL

IF UR TEAM NEEDS BIG DAMAGE GO DEATHCAP

IF U WANT TO KILL 1 GUY GET DFG

BUILD TANKY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDS IT, IF YOU GET POOPED EARLY THEN JUST GO STRAIGHT TANK
==

also, building dorans rings may not be the best way to go about it, catalyst might be better than dorans but it takes a while to become aggressive in lane which i prefer, and i hate RoA compared to abyssal

==

GOING 3 GP5 IS NOT VERY GOOD UNLESS 100% UR IN A FARM LANE.

==

IS THERE A DIFFERENT PROGRAM I CAN USE INSTEAD OF XSPLIT I WANT TO START STREAMING SOON BUT 40 DOLLARS SUCKS

D

Deleted member

it defaulted to 1920x1080 for me but I don't have the bandwidth to actually test that

Coney

Smash Master
you can do 1080. it's a great alternative, but it will randomly kill your stream without letting you know. it'll just act like it's still on when it's not.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So, theorycrafting moment, I've been thinking about ad sona with kill style supports as a lane. Particularly leona because they both have insane kill potential at level 6, but sona offers sustain or additional sustain and provides nice offensive and defensive steriods. Plus, with almost all the kill lane supports, she so much kill potential at level 6.

The thing is, sona is obviously not the strongest AD carry, midline range, relatively low base ad, reletively low base AS, no blink-style escapes. She bring a lot of utility probably doesn't counterbalance.

Basically what I'm wondering is, same category as urgot, before he got nerfed into the ground? Like, especially if you can get leona with her, I think she might be able to function as a really powerful lane bully at the expense of not being quite as strong as a traditional ad carry endgame, which is ok if you win hard.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Can't see ad sona being worth it with other ads where they are at. Urgot is still strong. Krepo says Sona is #1 support again.

MacD

Banned via Administration
lololol

ad sona is just something i do when i'm forced to AD and don't feel like playing any of them. basically my troll AD

it's fun and kill lanes are fun. sona soraka is also a silly silly lane

Dekar173

Justice Man
Team games are such a struggle to enjoy when you're randomly paired with people across the country. Given "the box" choice, I'd probably just mash the button over and over if I were given the choice after a game of solo queue.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
UPDATED CHO BUILD:

boots+ 3 red pots

2 dorans/ kages

ABYSSAL

IF UR TEAM NEEDS BIG DAMAGE GO DEATHCAP

IF U WANT TO KILL 1 GUY GET DFG

BUILD TANKY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDS IT, IF YOU GET POOPED EARLY THEN JUST GO STRAIGHT TANK
==

also, building dorans rings may not be the best way to go about it, catalyst might be better than dorans but it takes a while to become aggressive in lane which i prefer, and i hate RoA compared to abyssal

==

GOING 3 GP5 IS NOT VERY GOOD UNLESS 100% UR IN A FARM LANE.
Do you mean get rabadon/DFG instead of abyssal or in addition ?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Team games are such a struggle to enjoy when you're randomly paired with people across the country. Given "the box" choice, I'd probably just mash the button over and over if I were given the choice after a game of solo queue.
lol

Thoughts on Garen buffs?
Initial thoughts the same as this guy: http://youtu.be/wdR6DeR0sXo

Otherwise, I haven't been able to try new Garen because PBE is crowded. The changes sound underwhelming, but I could be wrong.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gonna have to wait and see what the numbers are. If his E damage gets buffed by enough, he might pull out ahead. I'm curious exactly how his Q is going to work with the slow removal. If he loses the passive slow removal after hitting someone with Q, then I think it's a nerf. But if he keeps it for the whole movement speed bonus regardless, then it's a buff.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So, theorycrafting moment, I've been thinking about ad sona with kill style supports as a lane. Particularly leona because they both have insane kill potential at level 6, but sona offers sustain or additional sustain and provides nice offensive and defensive steriods. Plus, with almost all the kill lane supports, she so much kill potential at level 6.

The thing is, sona is obviously not the strongest AD carry, midline range, relatively low base ad, reletively low base AS, no blink-style escapes. She bring a lot of utility probably doesn't counterbalance.

Basically what I'm wondering is, same category as urgot, before he got nerfed into the ground? Like, especially if you can get leona with her, I think she might be able to function as a really powerful lane bully at the expense of not being quite as strong as a traditional ad carry endgame, which is ok if you win hard.
I won 6 games in a row the other day with Sona AD and Janna supporting.

Her level 1 burst is over half hp if you prep power chord and take q.

Her auto attacks are really snappy though and it's very easy to last hit with her.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I like the look of the Garen rework after reading a whole bunch of Xypherous spiel on it.

Not hosting an in-House tonight, but I WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY NORMALS /W SO GET ON

Top Bottom