• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
@KID if you really don't want to do clawing, setting L/R to attack makes it faaaar more doable.

or you could be the first sheik to give BDACUS a second chance lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
tap jump off makes it easier for me. I can buffer the up during the run before the dash attack and its still okay.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I have tap jump off, R set to attack. That is the easiest way to perform Sheiks DACUS. Sheiks DACUS is probably the most difficult in the game and having this controller setup has given me about a 70-80% success rate on my attempts.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I have tap jump off, R set to attack. That is the easiest way to perform Sheiks DACUS. Sheiks DACUS is probably the most difficult in the game and having this controller setup has given me about a 70-80% success rate on my attempts.
Exact same concept I have for my classic pro. L = Attack, Lz = Shield, R = Grab, Rz = Shield, Y = Special, B = Attack, X/A = Jump.

I'm still messing around with controls, since I don't think I need both x and a to jump. Should I set one of those to grab also?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I have my X button set to grab on my GC controller and I use Y to jump......so yea I think setting one of your jump buttons as grab is helpful.

Judo777

Smash Master
Quick question, does down-b cancel knockback a la DK's up-B and G&W's down b?
No. Actually it can carry momentum in a very useful manner. Sometimes the best way to transform is after u take a hit you double jump down b and it carries ur momentum just like up b allowing u to transform very high.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I was watching some videos. For those who don't know sheik's up B is momentum based like links. you have to be moving forward to get forward momentum during the initial part of your up B.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
That actually sounds kinda nifty. I just don't think I can change my controls though. R-attack with X-grab and tap jump off. DACUS around 92-95% success and when I cant it's so time to go to Zelda lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You should just try it for a bit K.I.D. It takes a while to get used to, but it's generally really comfortable afterwards.

I can still switch from default to my controls, though. (Through CCP and GC for each).

Judo777

Smash Master
The only move that might have any momentum cancelling is the chain.
Nope i have actually lost a few matches by accidentally chaining while DI-ing. Actually thats partly why i lost to logic in our set. I chained instead of fairing and Died way early second stock.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
boost grabbing is just canceling your dash attack with a grab the same way you do your up smash.

however, the range increase is almost negligible since the only two examples I can think of where its actually useful is that it lets snake GR CG a couple characters and it lets falco chaingrab a few characters that he normally wouldnt be able to.

Judo777

Smash Master
boost grabbing is just canceling your dash attack with a grab the same way you do your up smash.

however, the range increase is almost negligible since the only two examples I can think of where its actually useful is that it lets snake GR CG a couple characters and it lets falco chaingrab a few characters that he normally wouldnt be able to.
It is however essential to cging MK. We can GR infinite him only with that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how is it an infinite if you need to run and boost grab to do it?

also, sonic can do it with out boost grabbing, its madd free =P

lastly, I didnt know sheik could even do that. that gonna be **** when I whip that out tomorrow when I practice with my friends.

Judo777

Smash Master
how is it an infinite if you need to run and boost grab to do it?

also, sonic can do it with out boost grabbing, its madd free =P

lastly, I didnt know sheik could even do that. that gonna be **** when I whip that out tomorrow when I practice with my friends.
Its an infinite...... with unlimited running space.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
K.I.D. on Castle Siege you can GR him to death off the side on the second transformation.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
2 questions

1) what vids would you reccomend watching of other shieks

2) since there isnt adequate hitstun/data for jabs

jab1 -> followups
or
jab1, jab2 -> followups

if its different for different followups explain why

i used to play falco and there was a lot of reasoning each time i jabbed to something, also the second jab has a lot more hitstun than the first jab.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
all I know is jab 1 down smash at like 50 and jab 1 nair at like 80

and I think jab 1,2 f tilt works.

I should leave this to the people that actually know this character... =/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
2 questions

1) what vids would you reccomend watching of other shieks

2) since there isnt adequate hitstun/data for jabs

jab1 -> followups
or
jab1, jab2 -> followups

if its different for different followups explain why

i used to play falco and there was a lot of reasoning each time i jabbed to something, also the second jab has a lot more hitstun than the first jab.
There are no vids..... I have a few that show off a lot of jab stuff.

no real reason to not use jab 2. jab1 has WAY less hit stun, you can use it as a poke since it is fast enough to hit sheild and get away sometimes if people don't react fast enough... but even still.

jab2 is percent based (like ftilt) generally how it works is if you can kill with said move (dsmash or nair) they are at a high enough percent to combo into it. jab2->grab is really solid at pretty much all percents unless your opponent has like frame 2 or 3 ground options. (fox, falco, mk kinda, DK, Marth, Bowser) characters lik ethat you have to wait till a little higher in percent so there is enough hit stun to give you a true frame advantage. because grab beast sheild and sheik's grab is so fast you'll find your self beating a lot of stuff

Short version:
jab2->grab 30-40+
jab2->jab1 40-50+
jab2->dsmash at around 100+
jab2->ftilt 110+ (true combo, people don't sheild or something)
jab2->nair 140-150+

Orion*

Smash Researcher
wait so you can true combo kill mk off a jab? >_> LMAO

i<3 this characters frame data even more now.

okay so what percent in that case would nair, or dsmash kill mk, snake, and mid like marth/falco at the ledge (about)

Renki

Smash Journeyman
wait so you can true combo kill mk off a jab? >_> LMAO

i<3 this characters frame data even more now.

okay so what percent in that case would nair, or dsmash kill mk, snake, and mid like marth/falco at the ledge (about)
Fresh? For MK, Marth, Falco -maybe- at like 130? Snake...pssh...like 150-160...maybe.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
most people DI bad too. BUt keep in mind you can smash DI out of jab Combos far enough to evade dsmash.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Eh, but jab is quick enough that they won't escape bar anticipation or M2K like reflexes.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've met people who DI out on reaction to getting hit. Its not as hard as you'd think. nair and dash nair covers most of those options though.

Top Bottom