• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I enjoy playing Brawl a lot, but one can't deny the irony of the situation. The exact moment everyone was cheering USA USA USA for Mango and going crazy everyone being happy, there was a dispute on the Brawl side about whether one player stalled a match because an important brawl match late in the bracket ended in 8 minutes with both players losing only one stock and they had to decide if it was stalling. It's just pure fact that the dichotomy of these two situations represents the differences between the two games, IMO. On one end you have a a near finals match with INTENSE moments, crazy combos, and everyone cheering loudly. On the other end you have somebody running the timer out on someone for 8 minutes with only ONE STOCK BEING TAKEN. I like brawl a lot but it will never have the magic that finals and such in melee had at this one, that's just how I feel and I wanted to say it. This tournament made me really really realize just how much more I enjoy watching and being apart of the melee tournament scene.

Despite that, I hate brawl bashers, so don't do it =P Just praise Melee for being awesome instead! You can hate the game all you want but it's really not cool to hate the people. I like both smashers even if brawl tournies don't have any life to them, which really blows since i like the game itself =(

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
raistlin is amazing good **** again for 9th =)

DBR had a beast setup to watch the big matches

Armada is like **** guy

no foxes in the top 10

axe is like a pikachu guy

fox gotta set it up *takes off gloves*

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
lol....if you want to get technical then wc took all spots in the top 10..even the top 250...'cuz everyone who went to the tourney was being housed in west coast at the time of the tourney. ;) hehe
Just saying, we've had this debate in what region they count for before for crew battles at past FC's, and we went by where they're currently living. Even though Darkrain will forever be Midwest to me, I recognize that he's considered South now by many.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just saying, we've had this debate in what region they count for before for crew battles at past FC's, and we went by where they're currently living. Even though Darkrain will forever be Midwest to me, I recognize that he's considered South now by many.
M2K played for east in crews.

I guess you could consider Ally MW for Genesis though.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
DBR: Thanks for doing this, and congrats for doing it well, et cetera. Also: PLEASE DO THIS AGAIN!

Vyse & Booker: Great seeing you guys again. Sorry for SDing so much in crews. I shoulda played some Brawl beforehand to get warmed up. Also please say hi to everyone for me.

DJ Cat: Thanks for the team name. I couldn't remember it exactly; I hope this was close enough.

Aussies: Why did nobody whip out the Melbourne Shuffle during the dance interlude? Seriously.

Armada: Good ****, fine sir! You're pretty much my hero now. Please keep coming to American tournaments. And please keep ****** with Peach.

Mango: Congrats, et cetera.

M2K: I guess everyone's surprised/amazed that you didn't get 1st or 2nd in Melee singles, but you still did hella good and I hope it didn't get to you.

Ally: Good ****. Can't let the MK mains win.

Edrees: Good ****, though not as good as Armada's unfortunately. :( Still, good job reppin' Peach, particularly given her tier placement in Brawl.
(Epic non-hostile Melee-vs-Brawl post.)
Epic post.

MK mains: Please switch to someone less gay.

Melee Jiggs mains: Same thing as the MK mains.

Also I got accidentally signed up for Brawl singles, didn't play any matches, and somehow did better than a few people. I guess I'm too good at Brawl?

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Oh man if grand finals aren't up by tomorrow night I'm going to be sad.

I hope they aren't going over the top and putting mad special effects into the matches lol.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
List of people who have had their controller break during a tourney

1. Adam (TG5)
2. Silent Wolf (Genesis)

keep adding to the list no n00bs jk
My joystick on my primary controller broke. I had to use my secondary controller. I'm so clutch for bringing it.

Armada used Sheik in all his matches but he went metaknight against Fly amanita (ice climbers) I don't blame him that's a really really tough matchup for sheik probablty 90-10.
Neo beat Meep with Sheik in tourney once I believe. Just saying. Speaking of which, wtf @ no MD/VA representation?!?!?!

Unfortunately, I couldn't carry a television onto a plane.
THIS! WC step it up.

Uh, way too many people to even think of doing shout outs. I'll shout out the Melee pros because I've been huge fans of yours forever. I'll shout out Princess Aura for being so **** awesome and drawing Marth on my shirt, and just being exceedingly chill. Shout out to Texas because I love you so much. Shout out to Samuari Panda for being my hero. Shoutout to West Coast for being so hospitable. Shout out to my East Coast companions. Shout out to Mango, even if he hates Brawl. Shout out to Ally, you played your absolute best in that last GF set. Shoutout to No! for cheering me up. Shoutout to WC Falcos because I don't know how to beat you. Shoutout to NorCal (especially Sky) for helping me get where I needed to be. Shoutout to Oats for helping with transport from hotel to venue and visa versa. Shoutout to Armada for being so ****. Shoutout to Shaya (Aussies all day!) Shoutout to the Marths. Shoutout to Midwest.

I know most Meleers aren't really going to heed this, but I still feel compelled to say it again. Many of you who weren't there don't realize this, but Genesis was living proof that Melee and Brawl can live side by side. Brawl players certainly have no claim that Melee is dead, and I would hope that Melee players have realized that whether or not theirs truly is the better game, they don't have to try to shove it down the throats of people that play a different game. The players existed side by side, and I met a lot of Melee players I've idolized for a long time. It's possible for both games to coexist in harmony, as you can see happened at Genesis. I'm not asking for Melee players to even apologize or try to pretend they like Brawl. Just please, respect it's players. It's like a slap in the face to us every time you say something, and that slap really hurts considering all the respect people like me have for you. That kind of attitude is destroying your game far faster than Brawl is. If Melee players would simply show some respect and humility, I'm sure that you'd find Brawl players much faster to jump to your side. Just my .02, for all it's worth.

P.S. - This is coming from a Brawl player who believes that Melee is the better game.

All in all, I'm very humbled. I was one of the few (perhaps 20) people that had the honor of being able to watch Brawl GF live. Singles and doubles were epic. I don't think Ally is definitely better than M2k now, but I think if Ally continues to play like a god like he did this tourney, M2k will be hard pressed to claim no.1 in the world. I feel M2k did not perform at peak, but I'm not going to sit here and john for him when Ally played so well that I can't say it would've mattered.

I realized that I'm just really bad in tournament. I lost a Marth ditto in losers (all Battlefield) 2-0 last hit last stock. Immediately after, we continued playing because he felt he could learn more from me. I two stock low percent twice. I'm not making johns for myself, a loss is a loss, and I applaud my opponent's victory, no doubt. I just don't ever expect to place well nationally, because I'm extremely inconsistent.
I'm very consistent in doubles though. I truthfully think it's the better format in Brawl. Though a lot of gay and broken stuff goes in doubles, it's all avoidable through good teamwork.
However, I think I'm the best coach in the world. It's my new objective to officially obtain this title.

This wasn't the best tournament persay, I think Apex was better (but I'm biased). However, I do easy agree that this was the most epic, and just because it was three days in Cali and had the most players, it was the funnest.

Miztik

Smash Master
This tourney was soo fun!

in the results (placed 97th) it says i play shiek but i actually play marth no biggie tho

anyways shoutout time:

MaNgO-My boy good to see you again, also good **** making that comeback and winning Dash Dance Rest all day!!!

Hugs-OMFG YOUR THE MOST AMAZING COACH EVER GREAT JOB ON HELPING OUT MaNgO!!! you desevre alot of credit for him winning this tourney as well at least imo but im sure almost everyone will agree.

SS/Jeff-OMFG CREWS!!! You are amazing your placing doesnt show for it but god **** i cant wait to watch it again!!!!

Hax- You are too ****en cool, also sweet falcon helmet it was too legit Im sad we didnt get to play ugh!!! Hopefully ill see you soon.

Shiz-OMFG you look so intimidating cuz your so buff but you are like the nicest/coolest person ive met before. god your falco it so good, im glad i didnt get 4-stocked in friendlies haha.

Hbox-you are also fun look and are fun to hug haha <3 also good **** on starting the "**** brawl chant"

Cacutar-your are an awsome guy! great job at the tourney it was fun meeting you!

Scar-Your are like the most hated guy on smashboards but **** irl you are too ****en cool.

Rockcrock-Your ganon is a ****en beast omfg and your DI god **** it you wouldnt DIE!!! haha good **** in our set in singles.

DJ Nintendo-you are Mad cool man, your bowser is a ****en beast. it was fun playing you in friendlies hopefully i can make it out to pound 4 and play you again.

Amarda-Your peach is amazing, wow...just wow...

Socal-As a whole i ****en love you guys, you guys are all awsome to hang out with i really hope to see you guys soon!!!

god to many ppl im sure more will be to come when i think about it!!!

also Great Job DBR and the rest of the T.O's it was a great tourney

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I enjoy playing Brawl a lot, but one can't deny the irony of the situation. The exact moment everyone was cheering USA USA USA for Mango and going crazy everyone being happy, there was a dispute on the Brawl side about whether one player stalled a match because an important brawl match late in the bracket ended in 8 minutes with both players losing only one stock and they had to decide if it was stalling. It's just pure fact that the dichotomy of these two situations represents the differences between the two games, IMO. On one end you have a a near finals match with INTENSE moments, crazy combos, and everyone cheering loudly. On the other end you have somebody running the timer out on someone for 8 minutes with only ONE STOCK BEING TAKEN. I like brawl a lot but it will never have the magic that finals and such in melee had at this one, that's just how I feel and I wanted to say it. This tournament made me really really realize just how much more I enjoy watching and being apart of the melee tournament scene.

Despite that, I hate brawl bashers, so don't do it =P Just praise Melee for being awesome instead! You can hate the game all you want but it's really not cool to hate the people. I like both smashers even if brawl tournies don't have any life to them, which really blows since i like the game itself =(
quoted for motha ****in TROOF.

Albert.

Smash Master
It's just pure fact that the dichotomy of these two situations represents the differences between the two games, IMO. On one end you have a a near finals match with INTENSE moments, crazy combos, and everyone cheering loudly. On the other end you have somebody running the timer out on someone for 8 minutes with only ONE STOCK BEING TAKEN. I like brawl a lot but it will never have the magic that finals and such in melee had at this one, that's just how I feel and I wanted to say it. This tournament made me really really realize just how much more I enjoy watching and being apart of the melee tournament scene.
Nice use of the word Dichotomy

SheerMadness

Smash Master
**** Florida got 4 players in the top 10 for melee. Even more ironic is that Florida's 2nd best player got really nervous and did the worst out of any of them lol.

Don't worry colin you'll **** next time buddy.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Great job Ally, taking the top from M2K!

--Props to Chip who placed 13th with Toon Link, the highest placed non high tier character?--

Big shout out to Chip rep'n TOONLINK!!!
Can someone please make a Genesis video thread and compile all the matches there as they're uploaded? It would make things oh so much easier.
^this.

Sounded like an epic tourney. Respect to Armada.

Miztik

Smash Master
Most of the brawl if any of it wasnt recorded nobody had equipment to record it. Most of the recording came for the melee side

Waffles, Sweetxignorance, and WWJD (DVCrecroom) channel will have alot of melee vids tho from what they recorded

-Chad-

Slackerator
You're right, there's always room for improvement, and more TVs is in all cases better. I just think you're being a little nitpicky. No one has ever run a 290 person Melee tournament, never mind simultaneously running it with a 290 person Brawl tournament, and given everything that could have gone wrong I'd say we did pretty **** good.

Regardless, I'm glad you came and I hope you enjoyed yourself. :)
I don't think I'm being that nitpicky. Playing friendlies was by far the biggest draw for me to come. Even if I was to miraculously go very far in the tournament and get a lot of matches that way, that would only still be a very small percent of people. I honestly considered just coming to not enter the tournament and play friendlies.

It's not silly of me to be disappointed having flown out and spent close to 500$ and the tournament not even coming close to what I was expecting. I really really really was hyped so much. :urg:

FC-D had tvs dedicated to tournament and another room full of tv's that were dedicated to friendlies or anything else you wanted. Also it had 3 rounds of pools, not gouge prices on food, the venue was bigger, and the Kish's genuinely cared and wanted their tournament to be the best it could be.

Despite it all, the finals were intense as hell, and probably the best part of the tournament. The best part was getting to meet some new people and the girl doing all the awesome artwork (holy jebus I love the pictures she drew, like whomg they're soooo good).

Perhaps Melee/Brawl can't work as a 3 day event together unless the tournament is 100% ready to accommodate for it? Seriously...the pre-reg showed 1000 people coming and no renting tv's...?

ICYT

Smash Rookie
I know Mango lost a set to silent spectre earlier this year.. But before that what was the last set he lost?

EMANuel

Smash Cadet
I know Mango lost a set to silent spectre earlier this year.. But before that what was the last set he lost?
he lost a set to Fly Amanita at SCSA 2

got wobbled lol

but he was also playing Brawl that day and looked hella off in that set lol

He still ended up ****** in GF though, 6-0

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Well he lost to Ken at EVO 2007 right? Idk about any other losses after that, especially with him playing puff.

Besides Armada.

Oh I heard he lost to Jman at a tourney not too long ago, but they might have split.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not saying your points aren't valid, Chad, but FC:D had half as many people as Genesis :\. Expecting things to scale linearly is a little unfair. I can't speak for them, but I'm sure one of DBR's goals for a second Genesis (if it ever happens) will be sponsorship to help get some guaranteed TV's! :)

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
can any europeans tell me what's armada's real name? or if he has a myspace? he was a real nice guy and was insanely good. props to beating m2k with peach, even though m2k has countless valid jobs imo

shout out to

armada: good job in having to deal with the home crowd so much against you. thanks for letting me take a picture =D good job for beating m2k's marth with peach, something i personally thought was impossible, even though a million johns for m2k run through my head cuz i grew up watching that guy... anyway insane DI, insane combos, so on point with turnips and aerials, truly a peach prodigy =) you look a lot like mew2king lol, a younger and prettied up version of mew2king... oh and taller xD a part of me wanted you to win because you came all the way from the other side of the earth, and got so far. much respect

dashizwiz: ****et i didn't get the chance to take a picture of you T__T. i was also scared cuz you're so big and buffed O_O!! lol anyways good **** on overwhelming everyone with your speed and aggression, even overwhelming armada for a while =) then again, you can't blame him... florida is falco sparta =D

mew2king: if i added right you have won $4,502, good **** for making the most money (i think, unless somehow someone else made more but i highly doubt) i wanted you to reclaim your title back from mango, and kinda sad at how you lost to a peach, even though i love armada now... came genesis hoping you'd go robot on everyone, even though i'm west coast lol. but w/e you said you lost your passion for melee so i guess your goal was just to make money and have a good time? i'd say mission complete mew2king =)

mango: good job getting the crowd so hype, and getting that puff back in form right when USA needed it. it was just like pound 3 eh? coming back through losers and beating one tough cookie 2 sets.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'll post, just for the sake of posting in a Genesis thread. Good stuff everyone.
<3 Ally

CO18

Smash Hero
Hey I still remember the time when I was saying Ally was inhuman soley based off of playing him on wifi and everyone was saying he wasnt that good. <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
In Melee Doubles, Kira + PsychoMidget got 9th place. But why was our team name "PsychoMidget's Team" -_-'

lame

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i lol'd at it all...

obligitory shoutouts to those of Vegas who went, xD
Z,FOW,SK92 for epic placings and reppin big time.

(other)
Bwett for being awesome with Yoshi(top 50 ftw...)

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Hey I still remember the time when I was saying Ally was inhuman soley based off of playing him on wifi and everyone was saying he wasnt that good. <3
Lol I definately remember seeing that Ally is inhuman thread on the Snake boards, and I was one of those people that thought he was just some random scrub(like me) lolz, Oh well I was wrong lol he's like the best in the world haha

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Not saying he isn't the best character, but he still has Falco (non-FD) to deal with and stage-dependent Marth as well. But this isn't the thread for it, bring it over to the Melee tier list thread.
Fox goes even with Falco on all non-FD stages, and heavily counters him on FD.

Fox has the advantage against Marth on all stages but FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom