• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i forgot to mention, thanks to alphazealot for this topic. seems like that's a **** TON of typing out all the results.

Scar

#HarveyDent
subscribing, shoutouts soon but basically i had soo much fun, and while EC/WC trash talk was great it was even better to meet all you guys, everyone was chill as hell and my trophy is god**** beautiful

thx darc

Matux

Smash Apprentice
Well done Amarda, well done.

Srsly M2K won a lot of money.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
m2k should pick up ddd again to counter Ally xD
He's considering it actually.

3. chesterr01 (OC3)
I believe I already stated that I had also broken my controller.

Also, I forgot to mention that the highlight of the trip by far was the breakdancing performance by DSW and his boys. Good **** gentlemen.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why are there so few shoutouts in this thread?

Seriously, that's what I came here for.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I hate making shoutoutz in such a big thread like this because they'll get lost. Instead I've been writing a blog post on AiB with my Genesis impressions

Inui

Banned via Warnings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEU-7gNfgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJQYsgXFvk

Then Mew2King and Fiction n00bed it up and got put into losers where we fought in the 5th place spot! Aaaagh!

The team that won was going to get 1st, and it wasn't us because Mew2King is broken and our team didn't have a gimmicky cheatcode like Game and Watch on it to win.

100% not my fault that I didn't take top three in doubles. I didn't really mess up much against Mew2King and Fiction when we fought them, but I didn't play my best. Atomsk and I still owned every West Coast team we fought and got all the way to 5th from first round of losers and then we beat the PR team 3-0 in the tiebreaker.

I will have my revenge in doubles. 5th place doesn't suit me.

P.S. I barely used Meta Knight in singles. I think I used him three entire matches. I 2-0'd everyone in my pool with Marth and then used mostly Dedede in the bracket. I fell asleep in the bracket since I was exhausted due to lack of sleep and I hate singles. I think I'm not going to allow others in my room next time I travel. Bardull didn't let me sleep...

Samochan

Smash Master
Goo armada for being awesome. ^_^ We europeans luv ya. :3 Better luck next time tonberry. Hope we can gather more people to pound 4, especially dutches. ^^

Anyways, on the melee vs brawl issue... from what I heard, I think the melee players would stop *****ing about brawl and brawl players if they'd do what they're supposed to do, in this case bring tv's. So what happened was too little tv's which affected everything, from tournament flow to amount of friendlies people can play (I mean, you might get to play against a really good player for 1-3, then you gotta move cause others wanna play and so on, certainly not enough nor improving). So I understand why melee players would be disapointed in brawl players and decide to vent on forums, which is really the only place they get their voices heard and they do wanna express their opinions.

But really, for melee and brawl to co-exist, both parties need to do their share of work. Melee players need to tone down that "brawl sucks" and leave them to their own devices and brawl players need to become more responsible and bring the equipment they're supposed to, nothing is more aggravating to tournament hoster than to see people supposed to bring setups fail to do so and in the worst case scenario it can make the whole tournament fail. If you can't bring tv's, don't make any promises you can't keep.

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
Mango was down 2-1 in the first set of the Grand Finals. If he had been given the same treatment as M2K, he'd have already lost. M2K could've won Genesis for all I know.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Best of 5's only count when the person we want to win is down 2-1, didnt you know? if the person we want to win is up 2-1 its only best of 3.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm proud of placing 9th in doubles ... but i still feel me and g$ played horribly when we had our second set vs armada and his partner -___-

we beat them in pools though =]

either way ... i just want to say think you to everyone that helped =]

WC i love you ... =D

idea

Smash Master
Also, I forgot to mention that the highlight of the trip by far was the breakdancing performance by DSW and his boys. Good **** gentlemen.
vids?!

Goo armada for being awesome. ^_^ We europeans luv ya. :3 Better luck next time tonberry. Hope we can gather more people to pound 4, especially dutches. ^^

Anyways, on the melee vs brawl issue... from what I heard, I think the melee players would stop *****ing about brawl and brawl players if they'd do what they're supposed to do, in this case bring tv's. So what happened was too little tv's which affected everything, from tournament flow to amount of friendlies people can play (I mean, you might get to play against a really good player for 1-3, then you gotta move cause others wanna play and so on, certainly not enough nor improving). So I understand why melee players would be disapointed in brawl players and decide to vent on forums, which is really the only place they get their voices heard and they do wanna express their opinions.

But really, for melee and brawl to co-exist, both parties need to do their share of work. Melee players need to tone down that "brawl sucks" and leave them to their own devices and brawl players need to become more responsible and bring the equipment they're supposed to, nothing is more aggravating to tournament hoster than to see people supposed to bring setups fail to do so and in the worst case scenario it can make the whole tournament fail. If you can't bring tv's, don't make any promises you can't keep.
yeah, this.

iirc there were supposed to be over 100 tvs. how many were actually there? (asking someone who went)

also is armada going to anything else <_<

pockyD

Smash Legend
regarding m2k and armada, both players shook hands and walked off the stage

if you have a dispute, you have to register it pretty much immediately, not 5 mins later... i.e. you can't find out later you played on an illegal stage and then demand a replay

C!Z

Smash Lord
This tourney was too good. Thanks a bunch to everybody that helped run it. So many epic moments, my favorite part had to be Brawl gettin boo'd off.

Quick shouts to some new people I met...

Eric- Thanks for everything, you're mad tight, you made it a great experience.

Trebor- You're hilarious, it was a pleasure to team with you, and we had some funny times.

Mango- Good stuff, way to bring it home.

Colbol- Thanks for the games, you're so good! Wish I woulda play the rest of FL like I wanted too.

Lunin- Gg's, I like the way you play, it was good meeting you.

Phanna- Great playing you in teams, it was fun, I met you after when you were sloshed lol so you might not remember.

SS/Tang- Our teams pools match was so much fun, you guys are amazing, nice meeting you both. p.s. **** Tang can move!!! haha

Tons more but not too much point, gg's everyone I played, it was an experience to remember.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
regarding m2k and armada, both players shook hands and walked off the stage

if you have a dispute, you have to register it pretty much immediately, not 5 mins later... i.e. you can't find out later you played on an illegal stage and then demand a replay
it was immediate. the moment the 3rd match ended i went straight to the TO table to tell them. azn lep said he couldnt do or say anything since he wasnt the head TO (yet he was the only person behind the TO desk atm) and he had to get sideFX, who no one could find for about 5 minutes. no times johns, I was on that **** immediately. blame the TOs for not having someone there who could atleast tell everyone to hold on until the situation was invesitgated. azn lep didnt even want to say anything on the PA system wtf

That's AWFUL, i'm impressed it finished on time.
but it didnt, finals for singles and doubles for brawl had to pull a cot4

there was no more than 24 brawl setups at any given time, and at some times there were 16

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Apex ftw. Alex Strife, Inui, Mages, Magus = godlike hosting combination.

This tournament was amazing overall and a lot was accomplished, but there was a distinct lack of authority when it came to the hosts and things could have been done more effeciently.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Oh dam I forgot another important one.

Scar- Our MM was fun, it was cool meeting you, good **** at the tourney I was really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom