• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Öni

Smash Cadet
To Oni:

What about Ek an Armsah?
I have to admit: I havn't heard anything about EK in the last time (also I'm a noob who isn't that much informed)

Amsah still is Nr. 2 in Europe.
But as far as I know Adam and Zgetto are very VERY close to him.

Any Dutchie can clarify this? =D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
oh hai

ps - you should shut up

Hah! More foolish fools with their foolish false statements...

That MLG event paid out $18,000, no? $10,000, $5,000, and $3,000? I could be mistaken.

This event paid out $17,792 in total.

However, if I'm not mistaken, those big fat corporate checks count as taxable income, meaning the players kept more money at this event.

Either way, nothing in recent memory comes close to this.

White_Mike

Smash Lord

Hah! More foolish fools with their foolish false statements...

That MLG event paid out $18,000, no? $10,000, $5,000, and $3,000? I could be mistaken.

This event paid out $17,792 in total.

However, if I'm not mistaken, those big fat corporate checks count as taxable income, meaning the players kept more money at this event.

Either way, nothing in recent memory comes close to this.
Regardless of winnings being taxed, MLG still gave out 18,000 dollars, the taxing didn't go back to them so he is right..

But yes, that was 3 years ago and nothing has really come close since...

Samochan

Smash Master
I have to admit: I havn't heard anything about EK in the last time (also I'm a noob who isn't that much informed)

Eh, ek quit playing serious before rox4, though has showed some amount of interest in melee again this year.

Also zgetto > amsah atm, but not by too far. Simply cause zgetto has practiced more than amsah has.

But doesn't genesis have like, the highest payout out of non-sponsored tournament? MLG has monies on their own, same with evo. Genesis had only the players themselves bringing the cash.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@neal- Fair enough. The tournament was run really smooth with what you guys had..but urrgh you know. You guys did a great job but Genesis still was lacking in my opinion.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to compare FC to Genesis really...it had 256 I believe but far far far more tv's because they knew to expect that many and prepared adequately. I know you guys had to run two tournaments both having close to 300, but you knew it was coming and there seemed to be little preparation for it.

Ahhh....I'm just disappointed... :(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
are all videos going to sweetxignorance youtube channel? If I subscribe will I get everything?

pockyD

Smash Legend
the point is that it doesn't matter... this payout was massive, and from what i know, wasn't put up in any way shape or form by sponsors; to compare it to the corporate juggernaut of mlg is unfair and pointless

i *shudder* agree with your assertion that this tournament was epic and huge so some compromises had to be made in the interests of time and efficiency, but i don't agree with you letting all of this get derailed so that we can all sit around and do some meaningless math

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Exactly... and for that I'm going to immediately apologize to Armada for the trashtalk I did before Genesis.. It isn't right to judge a person before you see him in action.. I should have known better and listened to the true way of the warrior.
Yeah, I'm surprised too although a while back I told DireVulcan I thought that if
someone took the time to make it happen, Peach could be a top contender.

It was just a matter of time.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
This event was so amazing. I really enjoyed it.

Pros: Good venue, amazing matches, spectator setup on the last day, food at the venue, excellent TO support (especially the stern warnings for DQs), great Hotel, sick T-shirts and more.

Cons: Delays due to recording equipment, no projector on day one for matches, not finishing crews.

In all aspects, I am incredibly impressed by the way this tournament was run. No matter what people say tip your hats to the DBR crew. They ran an amazing event and I am glad I was able to make the trip. Neal, don't feel you have to justify yourself at all. You guys have so much to be proud of.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are all videos going to sweetxignorance youtube channel? If I subscribe will I get everything?
he uploaded some friendlies he recorded, however the matches DBR recorded (w/ commentary) will go on HMW's channel.

I'm sure there were like a million other people at Genesis who recorded stuff w/ their own recording set-ups though.

also this tourney had the biggest payout among underground tournaments. lol.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
Öni said:

zgetto beat armada in WF at smack, then armada beat amsah in LF and then won GF.

as far as ranking top dutchies go Id say:
1. zgetto
2/3. amsah/adam
4/5. remen/faab
its pretty close though

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Probably opening up a can of worms and this is off the current course of conversation, but I'll word this as carefully as possible:

M2K is such a talented player, but he doesn't seem to be much of a competitor. That seems to be his defining weakness. No Ego. From reading interviews and playing some matches with him way back when, he's always seemed to lack an air of confidence. This is how I knew his days at the top would be numbered (assuming Melee persisted to any degree of relevance, which at one point I did have my doubts).

Ken, IMO, is still the most dominant player Melee has seen due to the amount of passion he competed with, which was so evident in his playstyle. Nothing was more impressive to watch than Ken losing, or barely losing, a match/set and coming back the next match/set in full Beast Mode with a 3 or 4 stock, which he did quite often. It was scary as much as it was impressive.

Mango has the Ego, but it is unrefined. I doubt he'll reign as long as Ken or M2K. I blame this on his youth.

Just my observation of the event and where things seem to be going. Sorry if this post ends up throwing the thread outta whack, but the thoughts have been sitting on my brain and I've got no one to talk to about Melee, lol.

-Kimo

dmac

Smash Champion
azn lep - mad props for being bein that guy everyone went to for everything melee wise. you did great and did probably what any other rational helper guy to guy would do. as well as the asian girl who wasn't afraid to call people out angrily.

only complaint from a melee player
-the venue was too hot at times, and easily could have been the worst tournament ever if california had the weather i was expecting it to have(luckily it didn't!). covering the windows helped it for the second day but if it were any hotter, the tournament would have been ruined :(

everything else was pretty fantastic!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nothing is unrefined about mango's ego
he is good and he knows it
hes pretty clutch

however

he's got nothin on my eggos
leggo my eggo

Ace55

Smash Lord
Well it seems there was only Armada that was beast.. other than that...
Armada was the only top placing European player to go. Other than him the entire top 12 of the last big tourney in europe didn't go. So him being the only rapist isn't so surprising.

Good stuff btw getting 17th with Ganon. Do you know if your set with m2k got recorded?

dmac

Smash Champion
it amazes me how good mango is, and he evolved/played better as the sets went on. hes cocky as ****(and deservedly so!), but still retains a super nice and friendly aura that lets anyone just come up and talk to him. i like mango

noodles

Smash Champion
there a video thread but its not the official one. DBR people should post and let us know what theyre going to do.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Interesting you should post that, Syn. HugS made a similar post on AiB that drew a completely different conclusion: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=27248
Hugs definitely has the authoritative opinion between the two of us, but I would propose that post highlights that he may be a little too caught up in the changing winds of Genesis to think dispassionately. What drives a competitor to compete is arguably irrelevant. Otherwise, that was an excellent blog post.

-Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom