• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Watching/listening to chad play against kage was one of the most fun experiences for me

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well he lost to Ken at EVO 2007 right? Idk about any other losses after that, especially with him playing puff.
I hear he lost to Silent Wolf @ Pound 3 or something.
idk.

Mew2King vs. Phanna is TOO GOOD

MarthBro45

Smash Rookie
I found Jman's controller on top of a drink machine at the ramada inn. If I'd known it was his, I would've returned it. Please tell him to PM me his address so that I can mail it to him.

CO18

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if my MM vs ally got recorded? I know it was on the projector but dunno if it was being recorded or not.

I know noone of my other matches were recorded. :(

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I feel like this post sums up Jason Zimmerman perfectly :p

<3 M2K, :laugh:
I was just gonna say LOOOL.

<3 M2K as well!

I found Jman's controller on top of a drink machine at the ramada inn. If I'd known it was his, I would've returned it. Please tell him to PM me his address so that I can mail it to him.
GET ****ING ***** JMAN AHHAHAAH

But in all seriousness, =(

and <3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Man...i just wanna say that i love the smash community like family. No matter how I do in a tourney, you guys are the best. and soooooooooo many good people did relatively bad this tourney cause the bracket was so hard everywhere. Man i love OoS tourneys

First off, big props to all my florida peoples who came out for genesis. Hbox, colbol, grand master sensei chops, co18, chaz, kbm, raistlin, harriettheguy, darksonic, frames, and anyone else sorry if i forgot

Vyse: Good to meet you in person. Thanks again for all your hard work on that compilation
Sky: lol every sentence you said had "****" or "my *****". too good :laugh:
Chaz: Thanks for teaming with me, and helping me out so much over the weekend. Go learn up on them matchups and **** the nation next time
Ali/Jiffy/Gen/Bird: Fun meeting all you SBR guys in person. Thanks for all of your help too, and the housing. having a room not crowded with 20 people was awesome
George/Nu: I cant imagine how bad it would have been at the airport all day monday without hanging with you two. Thanks alot peoples
Puerto Rico group: You guys SAVED us in that subway with that wii/portable screen combo. I hope you guys come to more tourneys up here cause you all are too good at brawl.
Armada: I dont know you, but i just wanna thank you for giving us a very entertaining winners/grand finals of melee to watch.
Georgia/Alabama: Good to see all of you guys again. Hope some of you can make it to florida gaming august 8th. Bring a present too cause my birthday is august 7th :laugh:
MikeHAZE: pretty cool guy. didnt talk to you at all at WGF...kinda wish i did :laugh:
All my diddy breatheren: good stuff to you all who made it out of pools, but we really gotta step it up as a whole when it comes to reppin our monkey. frankly put, we ****ed up =/
Everyone I played in Pools/Brackets: GGs to all of you
California: Its too annoying to fly to you, and your airport food is too **** expensive
Delta Airlines: **** you
In and Out: Best burgers ever. The only burger place that ive willingly gone to 3 days in a row and not been tired of it

until the next big OoS tourney guys :laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I didn't get to play a lot of people, but I hope I made an imprint on those that saw/played me.

Are you going to be at S.N.E.S.? I should be going to that.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LoL @ people comparing Apex/Pound/whatever to Genesis.

Sorry guys, but your 100-200 man events are incomparable to what the TOs had to accomplish at this tournament. [Insert name/region here] may have been able to organize more stations/more food/more whatever than NorCal did, but there isn't a TO team on the planet that could have accomplished more that weekend than Azn Lep, Champ, Sheridan, Scamp, and I did. Sorry.

As for the Mew2King/Armada thing... GUESS WHAT??? Azn Lep and I are not in DBR. We volunteered to run the tournament aspect of the Genesis but we were not going to take responsibility for an impossible decision that was going to upset thousands of people either way. It was a DBR tournament and it was their call, so we got in touch with them and they made a decision. Calling Azn Lep a ***** for that is ridiculous.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
shout out to Ignatius for giving commentary to everyone in the genesis thread during grand finals, for the many people not at the tournament

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LoL @ people comparing Apex/Pound/whatever to Genesis.

Sorry guys, but your 100-200 man events are incomparable to what the TOs had to accomplish at this tournament. [Insert name/region here] may have been able to organize more stations/more food/more whatever than NorCal did, but there isn't a TO team on the planet that could have accomplished more that weekend than Azn Lep, Champ, Sheridan, Scamp, and I did. Sorry.
Dude, you're amazing and you guys ran an awesome event, but Apex had about 50% of the space and ~10 less set-ups with not that big of a big difference in entrants (we had around 210 or 220, I know that for sure) and we finished in two days and had no big problems. >_>;

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dude, you're amazing and you guys ran an awesome event, but Apex had about 50% of the space and ~10 less set-ups with not that big of a big difference in entrants (we had around 210 or 220, I know that for sure) and we finished in two days and had no big problems. >_>;
Also only 50-60 melee entrants. I was actually impressed in the way Genesis was ran despite the lack of setups. The authority was definitely there. "You've got 5 mins to get to your TV or YOU ARE DQ" GG. lol. It was amazing.. also it made up more time for Serious Friendlies as you didn't want to lose and stay on that projector screen to keep playing and not wait after 20 people to get in again... so that trained the people for the pressure. I liked that. I don't mind watching people play.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inui, 210 people is less than half of the entrants than Genesis. You're within your right to say that the Brawl side of Genesis didn't run as well as Apex, that's fine; I greatly respect you and Alex Strife et. al. and I heard you ran an excellent event! I would simply like the people trash talking the TOs (there are very few and I'm not saying you're one of them) to keep the scope of the tournament in mind.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, 210 people is less than half of the entrants than Genesis. You're within your right to say that the Brawl side of Genesis didn't run as well as Apex, that's fine; I greatly respect you and Alex Strife et. al. and I heard you ran an excellent event! I would simply like the people trash talking the TOs (there are very few and I'm not saying you're one of them) to keep the scope of the tournament in mind.
Well, yeah, we had less people, but also much less resources (having only two days instead of three being the biggest, imo).

I agree that you guys ran an amazing event. You had to deal with sooooo many people and a huge Melee event on top of Brawl. I don't think more money was ever paid out at any other Smash event. You guys had to deal with a time limit while we didn't at Apex due to my father giving me complete authority over the hotel areas we got to us.

Inui, just shut up, dude.

Tsk tsk tsk... Such hostility isn't needed. Neal claimed no other TO team could have done as well, while I begged to differ (and for good reason). That is all. I believe both teams were exceptional and I only saw two minor mistakes at Genesis anyways.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think WC needs to come to an Apex next time :). No one should be downplaying anyone's tournaments (no one in particular just as a whole), because in the end ALL TO's in every tournament (especially those who deal with even more than 100) work their ***** off because they're always different challenges that come across at every event.

Also, Apex was a great event, it definitely gave light that a Brawl/Melee event COULD work together well.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, guys, sheeesh. Either way I wish I could've been there. The Armada matches that I saw were epic. Peach ... who woulda thunk ...

And to Ally and M2K the newest to the DA lineup GOOD GAMES. You did an amazing job representing us and your respective countries. Can't wait to see what Evo will be like

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Whatever, guys, sheeesh. Either way I wish I could've been there. The Armada matches that I saw were epic. Peach ... who woulda thunk ...

And to Ally and M2K the newest to the DA lineup GOOD GAMES. You did an amazing job representing us and your respective countries. Can't wait to see what Evo will be like
Exactly... and for that I'm going to immediately apologize to Armada for the trashtalk I did before Genesis.. It isn't right to judge a person before you see him in action.. I should have known better and listened to the true way of the warrior.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Chibo - Sorry if you felt robbed because I didn't take action immediately, but the fact remains that it wasn't my tournament and not my place to make the call. I opted to wait until I had an official ruling from DBR before I announced anything over the mic. The last thing we needed was 2 very emotional sides yelling at each other when it wasn't necessary. And even then **** hit the fan. If anything, you can blame me for making the announcement too soon, seeing as DBR hadn't completely finalized the decision at the time I made the announcement. I'll take responsibility for that one.

It would have been absurd if I made an executive rule decision without consulting the hosts first. Given the situation, I felt that I made the responsible decision in waiting for a tournament head to help settle the problem. I'm sorry if you disagree with that.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one side M2K and Armada seemed to have a mutual consensus that the set was best 2 of 3. After the match finished they shook hands, and Armada had felt as if he just accomplished a huge upset. On the other side, the rules (which apparently no one read) stipulated that from semi-finals up, the matches would be played as a best 3 of 5. DBR was faced with an extremely difficult decision to make, and just because you don't agree with the outcome doesn't mean you should hold me at fault because I happened to have access to the mic.

Inui - I'm sure Neal wasn't trying to downplay your tournament hosting abilities, but it would have been extremely difficult to run a tournament of this magnitude without Neal's new additions to Tio, and for that reason alone (TO capabilities aside) I believe this tournament could have only been run successfully with Neal there.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
where can i see videos?? and dxmnnn i wishh i coulda of goneee. congrats to 1lly and m2k and alsoo ggod shxt to all the floridianss who reppedd for everyone who couldnt make it. and Co18 your too impressive mann good job!. i only saw a couple vidoe on youtube of dobles. it said puerot rico so im guessing puerto ricooo did really good cuz the ones i saw played beast lol. again good shxt to everyone and all of Florida that went and CHops!!!!! i hoped you mind gamed everyone up there man. you probably made another 100 aprrentice lol your too good chops!!! again videos??

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to Fl an the best captain falcons ever

6Scar
7D rain
8Hax

an #1 in our hearts(cuz I wish he got top 10 cuz that would just have been **** but 25th is hella good...)

Silent Jeff

Öni

Smash Cadet
Well it seems there was only Armada that was beast.. other than that...
Oh please come on....
Don't bring up this "Wohooo Europe has one good player" thing again.

On SMACK Zgetto (Nr. 3 in the Netherlands; Correct me if I'm wrong on this) kicked Armada into the LB 2 months ago.

There are a few players which are only a little bit worse than Armada. Also many others which are very good, too.
They just didn't went there.

But ok, Armada is our best and he lost to Mango and so some huge respect to Mango. Obviously Nr. 1 on this planet.

Hope Europe will send it's Top 5 to Pound 4.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think Europe should roll through to Pound 4 mad stacked, same with Puerto Rico.

Imagine Lord HDL!? LOL! (I wonder if anyone remembers him)

Armada has a free plane trip thanks to Alex Strife, so he better not miss it.

I can't wait for Pound 4, I won't miss it for anything.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea azn lep, you didnt do anything wrong by all means. i actually respect u not making a decision. but something like, everyone please wait, do not leave the stage or start the next set announcement on the mic woulda made sense.
w/e, stuff happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom