• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
shoutouts -

mango - ur sooooo goood with that puff of urs ur falco is ok

joey- we lost teams cause of u

dbr- i am dbr wats up

brawl people - get *****

armada- legit

ahhhhh ****

everyone else <333
mangooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shoutouts are too good :laugh:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
....... tell the braw kids

melee had 47 tvs

and brawl had 5

... melee had 2 give tvs 2 brawl

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
1. Ally - Canada
2. M2K - EC
3. Tyrant - WC
4. Dojo - Texas
5. ADHD - EC
6. DEHF - WC
7. Fiction - WC
8. SK92 - WC
9. Judge - MW
9. Lain - MW
9. Ultimate Razer - Texas
9. UTD Zach - Texas

1 Canadian
2 EC
2 MW
3 Texans
4 WC

Good job WC :p.

-Chad-

Slackerator
....... tell the braw kids

melee had 47 tvs

and brawl had 5

... melee had 2 give tvs 2 brawl
It dwindled down to melee having like 18 and brawl having like 20-30 something I believe. 18's not enough for almost 300 smashers wanting to get friendlies in :urg: I came mostly based on the fact that I would get to play a lot of matches with a lot of different people but I really didn't get to play all that much.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So much ignorance and stupidity in this thread. It's ridiculous.

People, we just ran the biggest and most amazing Smash tournament in history. Can't we focus on the positive here instead of devolving into pettiness?

pockyD

Smash Legend
barlw bracket takes priority over melee friendlies

but yes, fact is the melee community had to carry the barlw kids because they never bring their own stuff

also, i found that there were waaaaay more melee friendlies than i ever expected

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So much ignorance and stupidity in this thread. It's ridiculous.

People, we just ran the biggest and most amazing Smash tournament in history. Can't we focus on the positive here instead of devolving into pettiness?
Why do that when you can bash Brawl and Brawlers, and seem 90% cooler?

Meneks

Smash Lord
1. Ally - Canada
2. M2K - EC
3. Tyrant - WC
4. Dojo - Texas
5. ADHD - EC
6. DEHF - WC
7. Fiction - WC
8. SK92 - WC
9. Judge - MW
9. Lain - MW
9. UTD Zach - Texas

1 Canadian
2 EC
2 MW
3 Texans
4 WC

I heard lain was good but i didn't know he was THAT good at brawl..
well I should know he gets top 2 in all the cob tournies here in the mw..

@mango: Is that really true??

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I agree with Pocky. There was an enormous amount of time for friendlies. I understand many of you didn't get to play with everyone you wanted, but I don't think that's an equipment issue.

(Although I gotta say NorCal kinda dropped the ball on the equipment thing. Thanks to everyone who brought setups, but only managing 32 consistent working TVs is a little embarassing.)

festizzio

Smash Champion
shout-outs time

D.B.R. and everyone that helped run the tournament: good **** finishing early enough to eat at chipotle (seriously that was awesome), and letting us continue to use the projector over brawl (yuck)

Mangoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo: HOLY **** YOU WON YOU ACTUALLY WON goooooood ****, it was all thanks to plan 9's spiral power and hugo being the receptor for that power. i know he wasn't actually whispering into your ear, he was muttering incantations for super spiral power. i really want to know what he was saying though, it was probably the smartest **** in the world.

ZHUKEEPAH: you ***** mew2king so hard! you've ascended to ridiculous amounts of amazingness, you would be #1 in socal by far if not for mango, i'm sure of it.

Armada: you **** man, I wish i had gotten to play you. >_<

me: good **** making it out of pools, you reached your genesis quota

Pat (Raistlin): WOW good effing job getting 9th man, you **** really hard. i'm still wondering how you can beat axe's pikachu and not mine though, that really confuses me. pm me your aim so i can add u to my buddies list and you can convince me to get a facebook finally lol.

AXE: OMG you beat J-****ing-man, omfg i wish i had seen that match. you HAVE to let me know how you did that. my aim is festizzio, im me some time so we can talk pika.

pikachad: those friendlies were awesome, sorry i wasn't really playing my best, especially against some of your other characters, but i was really, really exhausted. i used up all my pika against axe earlier lol

Derek (plan 9): thanks so much for driving dude, i dont think the trip woulda been half as fun if i had taken the bus or something and played games or w/e the whole ride there. good **** getting us home without dying lol

brendan (the great leon): thanks for letting me borrow all that $ early on, i really appreciate it. the chipotle that day saved me, i had eaten nothing but donuts from breakfast and quaker cereal bars the entire day. can't wait to play melee at steven's really soon.

steven (embracethe12): we placed the same at genesis lol. yup, even steven. we should be rivals in melee, that would be fun. my only other true rival is raistlin but he lives all the god**** way over in florida. ****.

pat (noble/seraph): thanks for not going in the car ride home with us . . . j/k i didn't see you play at all this tourney but i heard you made it out of pools; hold more smashfests

brian (superrad): idk why but you're just an amazing presence, always fun around you for some reason. probably the mustache imo. keep it up.

chris: i forget who you were doing an impression of in the car ride home but it was the most amazing voice i've ever heard in my life lol. you should go to steven's with derek sometimes. we have fun there, and not just melee fun. all kinds of fun.

dj nintendo: really good seeing you again man, but i didn't see any capn crunch this time around. i looked over one morning and you were sitting at a table and i just knew something was missing. i'll get you a box as a gift next time, but only if it's YOUR bowser i play next time, not some other guy's. "same animal" my *** :)

Xelic: gamefaqs represent! i wanted to play you again cause i really like the peach match-up (well, most of the time), and you are a good peach but it was just not in the cards. btw typh apparently got home by riding his bike really fast. that was my favorite fad even though i joined right as it was ending. :(

DoH: it was cool talking to you at this tourney, i remember playing you in doubles at fast and i thought your peach was really amazing. although i can't remember why i thought that. texas should hold bigger tournaments, or better yet you should go to socal more often.

pink reaper: thanks for walking to 7-11 with me and being an overall cool guy. see you at socal tournaments.

typh: you're typh. and you play brawl. but i guess that's ok.

m2k: LOLUMAD?

shizwiz: it seemed like you weren't 100% this tourney; not RoM status at least. i want a rematch against your falco next time, i played it at fast but i was too scared to do anything lol.

Ray (lunin): i almost made you fall and i almost beat you, so i figure next time i'll really make you fall and really beat you! FLAWLESS LOGIC

JTB: what happened saturday night lol i dont even really know

Joe (replicate): saw your match with harriet, you shoulda had that man. idk what happened there. hotel sink water in a used inn-n-out cup is too good lol. you were so drunk

connor: you're really young

random people i met while walking around saturday night: i dont really remember your guy's names, but i remember the guy from mexico, good **** coming to this, and scamp. generic shout-out to you guys.

france people: that trip here must have been hell, i dont know what you were thinking. but it's ok i guess, go back to france and make fun of us like i know you will.

lovage: oscar, you're a grouch

rest of east coast: where the **** were you guys, i mean seriously. i feel sorry for you more than anything. genesis was amazing.

neal: still waiting for that custom badge that you promised me LIKE 5 YEARS AGO. T_T give me something at least, i need a new badge desperately.

other pikachu players (melee): should have gone. >_<

Melee: good **** only having 2 less entrants than brawl. biggest tournament BY FAR!

hopefully i didn't forget anyone, but i guess there's always an edit button for that. see everyone at future tournaments. i know that i'm not quitting anytime soon after those finals. i'm super pumped for melee now.

xyt

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1. Mango - Jigglypuff/Falco - $2,280: Pound 3/ROM/Genesis kthxbye
2. Armada - Peach - $1,425: A Peach has never won a national!!! see you at Pound 4.
3. Hungrybox - Jigglypuff - $855: mmk.. more needles..
4. Zhu - Falco/Fox - $570: too bad we didn't get to play = / hopefully we'll get some friendlies in next time~
5. Mew2King - Marth/Sheik - $228: ... you should have won..
6. Scar - Falcon - $171: ****.
7. Darkrain - Falcon - $114: Get *****.
8. Hax - Falcon - $57: wow.. just thinking about how good you'll be when puberty is over is rewarding :p
9 Lambchops - Falco: fun friendlies : D more next time.
9 Dashizwiz - Falco/Fox: DIEEEEE~~~~~~~!!!
13 Tope - Sheik: you are a hero.
13 Jman - Fox: CHEEEESEEE BURRGGGGERRR
13 Darc - Jigglypuff: wow.. you are the best tin teams *period*
17: Kage - Ganondorf: warrior.. i'll get you next time : D
17: Bob$: good set. i was so nervous T_T) *john john john*
17: Cactuar - Marth/Fox: i feel like you should have won genesis.. *shrugs..*
25: SilentSpectre - Captain Falcon: Get *****.
25: germ - Link: I camped you in crews : P
25: Lunin - Fox: hmm.. i'm gonna steal your dollar next time : P lol jkjk XD
33: G$ - Marth: rawr!!!! i want to win >_<)!!!
33: The King - Jigglypuff: Thank you for Genesis
33: Rock Crock - Ganondorf: too bad we didnt get any friendlies this time = / next time perhaps.
33: Axe - Pikachu: wow.. you are too good..
33: azn lep - Ice Climbers: lol you're good at announcing stuff : P
33: iori - Mewtwo: hehe fun times!
49: Pakman - Luigi: OH GIRL. We didn't end up getting el pollo loco..
49: aaaro smash guy: hehe nice meeting you sir : D twas fun :p
49: Aniolas - Sheik: good games.. i was really nervous and i locked up = / i'll get you next time though !
49: DJ Nintendo: quit life :p
49: Colbol - Fox: fun friendlies :p
65: Jfox - Peach: Peach is too good :D
65: Shroomed - Dr. Mario: hmm.. i got *****
65: DarkSonic: you has a cape :D
65: Cyrain - Fox: shave... head.. and drink jamba juice
65: Sensei - Falco: lol whopper XD
65: BigD - Captain Falcon: we ***** in pools ^^ hehe thanks for teaming.
65: Caveman - Sheik: good stuff in teams : D
65: Phat Gamer: we should have won crews lol
65: Hyuga2 - Jigglypuff: hehe good set. i'll get you next time hehe
65: Mogwai - Falco: good **** making it outta pools hehe you have a falco school : D *taunts*
97: Zelgadis - Sheik: you should play fox :D
97: Alukard: good stuff in teams :p hehe
97: WarriorKnight - Bowser: bowser is a good character.
97: pockyD - Sheik: thanks for everything~
127: PB&J: post them vids son!! lol
127: flux wolf: hehe
169: Forkgirl: good games in teams ^^
169: sidefx: thanks for the tournament : D
169: milktea: nice to meet you ^^~~ stay healthy~
253: Silent Wolf: hmmmmmm..........

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
1. Ally - Canada
2. M2K - EC
3. Tyrant - WC
4. Dojo - Texas
5. ADHD - EC
6. DEHF - WC
7. Fiction - WC
8. SK92 - WC
9. Judge - MW
9. Lain - MW
9. UTD Zach - Texas

1 Canadian
2 EC
2 MW
3 Texans
4 WC

Hey, M2K and Ally both currently in the MW.

Shroomed

Smash Master
xyt are you that sheik player that was in my pool?

Melee Doubles

6. Shroomed + Julian

<333333 JULIAN

darkrain n cactuar got us bak tho

and it was on the projector so everyone saw when we lost instead of won =(

-Chad-

Slackerator
And I agree with Pocky. There was an enormous amount of time for friendlies. I understand many of you didn't get to play with everyone you wanted, but I don't think that's an equipment issue.

(Although I gotta say NorCal kinda dropped the ball on the equipment thing. Thanks to everyone who brought setups, but only managing 32 consistent working TVs is a little embarassing.)
But it was a tv issue. Pools took a really long time because of the lack of tv's which cut down on time for friendlies even moreso(and cmon one round of pools for a 3 day tournament is lackluster at best).

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but I do think this tournament could have been soo much better.

Shroomed

Smash Master
tell brawl people bring tvs next time

i saw my tvs on the brawl side

and i saw plenty of cubes behind the announcer table, which means the full melee setups were changed to brawl cuz they dont bring tvs

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right, there's always room for improvement, and more TVs is in all cases better. I just think you're being a little nitpicky. No one has ever run a 290 person Melee tournament, never mind simultaneously running it with a 290 person Brawl tournament, and given everything that could have gone wrong I'd say we did pretty **** good.

Regardless, I'm glad you came and I hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
tell brawl people bring tvs next time

i saw my tvs on the brawl side

and i saw plenty of cubes behind the announcer table, which means the full melee setups were changed to brawl cuz they dont bring tvs
Can't expect any dedication on the brawl players. :laugh:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, anyone think Melee is going to start becoming more popular?

I know a lot of people were talking about playing Melee more now after all the hype.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Melee- Great game.

@Brawl bashers (a good chunk of the Melee community)- C'mon people grow up. It's already been said, you just witnessed the greatest tourney in Smash history, and you're gonna ***** about Brawl? Seriously?

Bunch of ignorant ****s up in this thread. No wonder so many people have to work so god **** hard to keep your game alive. You idiots are trying to kill it as quickly and painfully as possible.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Quick shoutouts:

@ MaNg0 - *does the little MaNg0 head bob*
@ Armada - You are unbelievably good at this game. I really hope this isn't the last we see of you in the states.
@ All of the South - DIE! (<3, that ****'s mad funny)
@ Zhu - Holy ****ing ****, you've gotten so much better since RoM.
@ M2K - Your sheik is god tier in teams, it's not even fair. Good **** winning Money in every single event and giving MaNg0 the business in crews.
@ JMan - No johns jesus. I love you, but you gotta keep track of your **** controller. You're way better than your placing @ this. Oh, except in teams, you're not better than 1st place in teams :p.
@ Phil & Waffles - Good to meet and play you, Phil, and I'm glad to hear yall like my absurdly high pitch scream in RoMentary.
@ Falcomist - You're mad chill, <3. I don't actually think I've played a non-teams friendly with you :(.
@ Tonberry - <3, you're so cool dude. Sorry about not making it out of pools :(. It was great meeting you and I hope to see you @ something else one of these days.
@ Eddie Mexico - Good match man, I'm going Puff next time you take me to Brinstar :p. Excellent job beating Colbol!
@ Edrees - I got my revenge for Pound 3! ...but I'm sorry it knocked you out of our pool :(. You're a really cool dude and I'm glad I got to play you again.
@ Darc - You are up there with M2K in the god tier of teams. zomfg, I was so hype watching you and mah boi Scar hanging with and beating the best teams in the world. <33333, let's play craft sometime :p
@ Sensei - Have fun out there with Isai. If you're seriously done with Melee, we at least need to hang out with Copy/WoZ and go out drinking sometime.
@ Cactuar - Good stuff in doubles with Darkrain and captaining our crew to victory over West Coast. Good to see you as always.
@ Pakman - First of all, yea. Second of all, yea! Third of all, D: BEH!
@ Scar - BAP BAP, D: BEH!
@ PockyD - Love you man, no homo. Move back to the EC.

But it was a tv issue. Pools took a really long time because of the lack of tv's which cut down on time for friendlies even moreso(and cmon one round of pools for a 3 day tournament is lackluster at best).

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but I do think this tournament could have been soo much better.
I agree, BUT that being said, all the TOs did a commendable job the days of the tourney with what they had. I think the lack of pre-reg and counting on locals for TVs were both blunders, but in the grand scheme of things, I had more fun at this tourney than @ any other and all of Melee finished on time.

Genesis was a success. It could've been more of a success with a couple changes, but I think the good far outweighed the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom