• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
3 Foxes
1 Marth
2 Sheiks
4 Falcos
3 Peaches
4 Puffs
3 Falcons
which means that Melee is still balanced after all these years and the metagame is still evolving! :bee:
The game is the same. The discs don't magically transform and change the tier list overtime.

We do.

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
I'm really happy with the results.

- Peach and Puff took the top 3 spots! :chuckle:

- Falco and Falcon players kicked ass like they should.

- I'm glad I never doubted Armada's skills. Peach has amazing potential but is underrepresented in the US. I think he took a lot of heat from the crowd and I feel kind of bad. Hope he comes back to the States again.

- Mango broke out the box puff for the first time in ages. Testament to Armada's skill as well as the sheer epicness of the tourney.

- Everyone can finally see how overrated SS was. He's a good player for sure, but he had way too many fanboys...

- Speaking of which, DBR came out of retirement!

- Ignatius deserves an award for his timely updates.

- Last and most importantly, in the top 16 there were:
3 Foxes
1 Marth
2 Sheiks
4 Falcos
3 Peaches
4 Puffs
3 Falcons
which means that Melee is still balanced after all these years and the metagame is still evolving! :bee:
QFT...
Also I can´t belive how much hate Armada got ¬¬ He is really cool men ¬¬

dmac

Smash Champion
not real shoutouts but top moments of genesis for me (in no real order)

1. finding out that SS is really good (stop sayin hes overrated based on tourney results, it was one of the hardest brackets, ever)
2. ss taking his shirt off, and tope taking his shirt off revealing the manliest body hair i've seen in real iife
3. mango vs armada second set (omg those rests)
4. armada's shorts ( hes amazing and impressed the hell out of me as a player, but everyone knows what im talking about)
5. mango getting a kiss from milktea for winning~
6. ss and darkrain trolling the entire smash community
7. armada vs dashizwiz
8. romeo beating darkrain in the first match and then darkrain 4stocking him the next
9. that chick with the nose ring
10. rockcrock *destroying* in crews vs canada
11. scar only losing to 1st and 3rd place jigglies ( scar is amazing )
12. getting to team with spaceballs again
13. hangin with midwest dudes in california!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I have Rockcrock's controller at my house, glad to see it didn't effect him to much.

Also.

To Brawl and Melee players saying the Tier list should be redone now.

Guess what, Mango doesn't win cause of Jiggly. Mango wins cause he's mango and he's just that good with jiggs. Jiggs didn't suddenly become better. Jiggs still has the same tools that she had when the Melee tier list was made final. Mango won because he was mango.

Ally didn't win because Snake is all of a sudden better than Metaknight. No, Metaknight at this moment is still the best. Ally won because he's Ally and is god with his snake. Mew2King doesn't win cause of Metaknight, Mew2King wins cause he's Mew2King. He's won m2kingt banned tournaments before with DDD, having not known it was m2k banned till he got there.

When Taj started owning with Mew2, did Mew2 suddenly jump up in the tier list and was dramatically better? NO. Taj just plain owns, and he chooses to own with Mew2.

Tier list is not the result of tournament results, its the measurement of the given tools, matchups, and basic abilites of each character. What if no one mained Metaknight after tomorrow for no reason, would he still be top tier? Yes, because he has the tools and matchups to make himself top tier.

This tournament doesn't change anything.
Great players win because they are great.
I'm sure that ness player, FOW, and the mew2 Taj would agree with me, as would gimpyfish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg
Bowser sucks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
CRASHiC's post
while this would be true if things made sense, the Super Smash Bros. tier lists are based entirely on tournament results and not on match-ups (doesn't make sense).
:\

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm sure that ness player, FOW, and the mew2 Taj would agree with me, as would gimpyfish.
Taj always says Mewtwo should be higher. And no one (hopefully) is saying that the game has changed, just that players have finally brought out some untapped potential in characters. We have never seen a Peach like Armada before, and the dominance of Falcon and Jiggs at not only this tournament, but other recent tournaments as well could shake up the actual tier list.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
while this would be true if things made sense, the Super Smash Bros. tier lists are based entirely on tournament results and not on match-ups (doesn't make sense).
If that were true, then Falco would have gone far down in Brawl tier list, as (until this new ranking list) Falco was doing very poorly in tournament.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If someone wants to PM me characters for Brawl and Melee I can update. Someone who can complete most of the brackets (ie don't just PM me that you know who two people used). I'm interested in seeing low/mid tiers made brackets in both games.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
crashic so ur saying if a lot of dk players do well in tourny, dk doesnt deserve to go up?

that sounds like ur saying 'ppl can do well with dk, but the metagame can't evolve, people are just good with dk'

if people are winning with certain characters, it means the metagame is evolving

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I think that all the best smashers in the world should just pool their money and buy their own island. I mean look at the skill they produce when playing eachother, if they had their own island, we could witness the greatest smashers possible. I mean some of these players don't play eachother that offend, M2K, Mango, Armada, Ally, Dojo, Tyrant, Zhu, think of the videos O_O

*dream over*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, that's why it looks exactly the same as my character rankings list, which is what you're actually describing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't see a match-up chart w/ totals in any of the tier lists

can't wait for videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom