• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Alzi

Smash Master
I hate the music i like the zelda music the most but yeah if zelda music got put into neutral stages i would perform better then i usually do.

Cheese you hate Lylat because it's a bad stage for falco which is understandable. :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol what if you accidently taunt and he starts the call then your opponent just comes up to you with a fully charged smash and kills you. hahaha.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Tom Nooks Store? Lame? That music is amazing!

All the time on Smashville, I find myself getting the KO on the down beat of a song and everything, and with 3 Stock'd tournies on a Saturday we have the little dog playing the music, Smashville is my No.1 stage for music that isn't banned in tournament.
Nothing like a bit of K.K. Cruisin'

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
fun fact:
the main song people listern to on smashville (kk crusin I think) actually has the word "tibor" repeated constantly during its chorus, explaining why its such a good stage for him.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MLG released their rule set

Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
I dont mind the stage list.
But there ruleset otherwise is what I would consider a shambles.
Things like Marths infinite on ness and lucas are banned (but not squirtles... or any other characters... lol)
Dededes infinites are banned (even the ones on characters he doesnt infinite)
Wii motes are banned (people are heavily annoyed)
No kamikaze rules (swallowcides, bowser, etc)
No two of the same character can be on a team
Over all... people are not too happy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wait, supposibly the double characters in a team is going to be changed.

Another thing at the moment is that stage bans must be done before match one plays out (lol).
Also there is no rule against playing on the same stage that you have already won on in a set. SOME SETS ARE BEST OF ELEVENS. Can you imagine MK picking Norfair 4-5 times?

Also team attack is currently set to off... lol

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
you had me until norfair. actually, i kinda want it back... but unfortunately know better.

way too many neutrals. and team attack off makes double falco amazing.

tibs7

Smash Champion
They said to complain on the mlg website about the no double char thing, but they also reckon mlg won't really care and just lol.

But stages are wtf, set of 11's is ridiculous. I won't be surprised in mk wins every single mlg event, until someone finally says why is mk winning all the time.

Trillest

Smash Ace
@ shaya from what i gathered there not set of 11 but our stock standard with the exception of the fatc being if u lose to some1 previously it become a best of 7 with teh previous wins/loses included i.e. shaya beats trill 2-1 we play again its first to 7 your on 2 im on 1 however if it was a final it could theoretically go up to 11 hence why they state 11 on the rulelist to cover all options

Also wtf at stages ><

Where does it say team attack off i only see rules for 1v1 ?

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol at all the MLG flyers posted in that contest.

Yeah i think people should just stick to their daily tournaments.

Team attack off reminds me of a wifi match.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
MLG rules are dumb.

9 starters? LOL goodbye any chance of ICs winning sets unless you're like, Lain. (Same for any other character who does terribly on CPs in general.) Chance of playing an on an -actual- neutral first game is pretty much 0 unless both players are using characters that need neutrals.

The silly thing is that 9 starters is actually the best part of their ruleset...

MLG Melee started that way too, Husband used to stand inside Wife and F smash while Peach spammed d smash. Pretty hard to approach that ****. They got top 8 doing only that XD
That is true, but this time we have years of experience across both games telling us that team attack needs to be on. Aside from allowing for stupid combinations, it also prevents you from saving a teammate. I just don't get why MLG would do this. :urg:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's quite difficult to be in the right place at the right time to save your teammate without putting yourself in danger anyway. But eh.

S.D

Smash Master
MLG rules are dumb.

9 starters? LOL goodbye any chance of ICs winning sets unless you're like, Lain. (Same for any other character who does terribly on CPs in general.) Chance of playing an on an -actual- neutral first game is pretty much 0 unless both players are using characters that need neutrals.

The silly thing is that 9 starters is actually the best part of their ruleset...

That is true, but this time we have years of experience across both games telling us that team attack needs to be on. Aside from allowing for stupid combinations, it also prevents you from saving a teammate. I just don't get why MLG would do this. :urg:
MLG do things differently, maybe they saw the omnigay and went **** that.

Top Bottom