• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Dekar289

Smash Hero
pfff i've never seen anyone else banned, except maybe turtle once ages ago

cao's too soft and too hateful (wait wut)

Alzi

Smash Master
Luke you can see Scott is angry you just need to calm him down you know. Not try and piss him off alittle bit more with a smooth post. :p.

Wow wtf why is Olimar so dam low in this list. I only realised we have one Olimar player Readct i think it is. Poor Olimar i mean he needs alittle more love.

Edit: Dekar! Can you talk to me on msn. Like just say somthing random when ever you sign into msn that seriously might lighten up my mornings recieving a message from you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but scoot has no reason to be angry and hating on people, so I patronize him until he rages so much he leaves and then he calms down and everyone is happy again, but why should I indulge a baby?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it'd taste bad, but seriously scoot, how old are you really dude?
super mega rage like that against me is cool, but ea? he's like the nicest guy ever, have you ever looked into his eyes? its like the first time I heard the beetles.

and telling us not to insult your intelligence, when you've been doing the same to us (saying that your stupid is insulting someones intelligence fyi, which you have been doing) and then calling us hypocrites is basically like saying, 'dont insult my intelligence guys, I'll do it myself'

you really need to calm down, all you've been doing lately is making enemys, your stabing out at people and when they respond you just completely berate them, except its fail berating that isnt even funny, (not just in this thread) I'm not going to tell you to take anger management class's (although I'm sure we can all agree you need them) but if your gonna get so ragey and '**** you go and die' about things, then why dont you go take a break from the boards for a while, go pursue your life outside of smash (lol)

or you could keep posting in here and get angrier and angrier (dont push me, you wouldnt like it when I'm angry LOL) while we all lol at you, except for dekar who'll be thinking something along the lines of "how the **** is scoot getting away with this when everytime I open my mouth I get banned, this is ****ing hog**** man"

tl;dr go chill out and grow up.

also alzi can I learn the ways of the alzi?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wow this thread derailed fast, so many posts in such a short time.

Anyway I think I can see what Scott was thinking with his posts, semi explains why he kept reading my post one way even after I said he had it wrong. I'll just clear up the misunderstanding with him next time I see him on MSN, assuming he hasn't blocked me. </3 So yeah, no need to continue this argument.

Luke, don't take this the wrong way, but that was... really sweet of you. I don't really know how else to word it, sorry! D:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah we need to make this about Brawl again.

IC's should be banned. You might so "don't get grabbed" well I say 'I like being grabbed, just not *****". :(

MK should also be banned, or at least half his moves. D-smash, all his airs, Tornado, and he shouldn't be allowed to shield. He also shouldn't be allowed to even grab the edge at all.

And Sheik should be able to kill with her D-smash at 20%.

On a more serious note, I also believe Snake should fall a couple of positions (to 5th at the lowest) just due to how other characters are finally starting to shine through a little more.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I know you weren't being serious, but,

MK's dsmash isn't bad at all.
For every MK who spams dsmash,
they're giving me 20 frames to punish them every time.

That's like a free marth fsmash dawg.
FREE.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sigh... I hate flight costs... that's why I'm only flying to Sydney for any interstate smash now lol, only 120ish return =D
Shaya, this is your cue to announce Sydney's possibly first ever proper Major tournament that wasn't made my myself.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Luke, don't take this the wrong way, but that was... really sweet of you. I don't really know how else to word it, sorry! D:
this made me lol pretty hard. i personally think you two just might make a nice couple. hahaha jk jk

in other news, mk is gay.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ugggggghhhhhh. I just read over it. I overreacted heeeeaaaaps. Sorry guys. Namely EA and Luke. I don't know what's been up with me lately.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh don't worry, I'll be coming to EI 3 for sure, not gonna miss it!
And Sydney, hurry up with the Sydney Major!

I haven't played any smash since Squat =/

Alzi

Smash Master
Sydney host a major in these easter holidays since i will most likley fly there to see family. =D.

Before i use to think oh wow metaknight is so hax wow snake his tilts are so gay but now they don't worry me anymore.

Alzi

Smash Master
I just pretend they are playing the worse character in the game and think i'm playing the most hax character in the game.

Alzi

Smash Master
Thats not a stupid idea really. By thinking metaknight is such a good character your brain will absorb that in quickly and it will affect your gameplay. By thinking Metaknight is bad you will do well as your brain won't take it as OMG METAKNIGHT **** I'M GOING TO DIE NOW AND LOSE.

It's all in the mental process.

Zero

Smash Hero
Or you'll continually do stupid things thinking "Oh, it's Ganon, he can't do anything out of shield.", and then you get wrecked.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol i don't mean change your whole gameplay to pretend it actually plays like ganondorf. More like mentally think it's metaknight but don't think it's the best character in the game and it's going to own you hard and give you a hard time. Ofcourse it will but if you always think good and happy then your on your way to victory.

See many people think and get scared then don't even brawl to their full potential because it's a metaknight and they think straight away they will lose.

Alzi

Smash Master
All i'm saying it will change is your mental thought towards metaknight.

I use to always think oh ffs a metaknight i'm not going to even try because i'll get ***** hard anyway but as of the late i've been thinking the complete opposite and i have found myself improving more in the match up. Since it changes my whole mental thought towards Metaknight.

It's like how some people who play sport meditate to get there mental thought up.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Eh, to each their own I guess.

I'd rather play a MK than a KIRBY though, C-Dawg....

I fail against Kirby. More than any other character.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So what does a Ganon main do against Ice Climbers

"Oh, they don't have chaingrabs anymore and don't **** all my ****"

Make you font smaller so I can't read it anymore

Alzi

Smash Master
A Ganon main throws his controller on the ground and rages when he comes across a ice climber main. :p

Vlade that is exactly what i mean. Except gimpyfish explains it in a much more detail then i have.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
So does a Sheik main (oh wait no I just press down b).

And lawl @ that video. No wonder I always lose. I never take any of my matches all that seriously, I talk too much and I laugh at my mistakes. Or I give up half way through the match.

Or I turn into Zelda when she's not needed.

I should be strapped to a chair and gagged while playing. Then I'd win everything.

Alzi

Smash Master
Metanova just focus watch your opponent very dam closley if you can't watch them and play your Zelda it means you can't properly play zelda.

I can watch my opponent and still do all of toon links tricks. It's ok to look when recovering and just double checking your not doing anything stupid.

All you need to do is focus and have that mental thought always behind your head. Saying oh dam i bet i will lose this match will definatly make you lose.

I REMEBER TELLING TECHNODEATH I AM SO GOING TO LOSE THIS MATCH AGAINST LEVEL 9 LUIGI ON PIRATE SHIP WHAT HAPPENED? I LOST THAT MATCH AND I LOL'D.

Alzi

Smash Master
You learn that lesson everytime you vs Sam to be honest. :p

You need strong mental thought against people like that.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I was referring to my match against Glenn

Last time I played him I 3 stocked him with Falco. Falco vs IC's is so horrible for Falco so I thought I'd win again easily. Didn't turn out that way. Next time I'll be prepared for sure

Jupz

Smash Master
The falco vs IC matchup is bad for IC's unless you know what you're doing. then it becomes in IC's favour quite nicely. I don't know the matchup at all hence getting ***** by vlade. omg worst match of my life.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
a joint elysium held tourney major for syndey has been considered, maybe its time to get the ball rolling

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's not BAD for Falco.

Just because his vertical spacing on his lasers and side b have to alternate dynamically, and that Falco can't afford to get grabbed: EVER, there's a lot of things going for Falco.

1. Lasers (go OVER ice blocks).
2. Gattling Combo = can't be perfect shielded on the upsmash, good shield knockback and will often hit Nana and she won't DI out up until high percents.
3. Down Throw has it's "lasers" that will stun another climber.
4. Fsmash = long range powerful kill move that's good to finish off one seperated climber.
5. Auto cancel'd and fast spike seperates two ics better than nothing
6. Jab is still pretty **** well spaced.
7. Falco can still force an approach with the percent lead because of jabs > ice blocks. Stages like battlefield have the two platforms he can camp and phantasm cancel appropriately.

not saying falco goes even or wins the match up, not at all. But it's winnable. It's HARD, but winnable.

The main thing hard about it really is that sopo still does pretty well against Falco :\ (never ending CG :| to the edge with dtilt/fsmash :() And Falco can often struggle to outprio/outspace the hammers or combo in the air as well like Marth/MK/Other chars can.

Top Bottom