• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Dekar289

Smash Hero
amaterasu, we're having an international later this year called Robocop, see the thread
come and play against your namesake!

attila, our chris in in qld at uni of course

Alzi

Smash Master
shmot if you come back to Australia i will vs you on wifi. ;) Otherwise what metanova said is correct.

Man robocop is going to be bigger then rocky i can feel it now.

~Amaterasu~

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like it'd be fun...
*checks flight tickets*
$2000 round trip?!?!
daaaaaaang haha, that's nuts. Maybe if I had a better excuse to go other than just playing video games ya know? lol

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ama, I'm pregnant.

It's twins.

I need you to come over right away.

Around Robocop time.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so theres been some intresting talk going around in the american side of things lately, snake dropping some places in the tier list, talk of people wanting to ban diddy... intresting stuff.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lawwwllll they will never ban diddy.

snake is ****, adhd is just king right now.
snake>diddy

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's what the American's always do. ***** about whichever character wins a major tournament.

It will go away soon.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
people seriously wanna ban diddy? thats pretty lol. he's good, but not that good. mk took 8 of the top 12 at pound.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with ADHD, he either pulled something huge out of his *** or really put a lot of effort into studying the MK matchup. :3

Also two Lucarios in the top 12? lolwut

swordsaint

Smash Master
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with ADHD, he either pulled something huge out of his *** or really put a lot of effort into studying the MK matchup. :3

Also two Lucarios in the top 12? lolwut
he beat him both times, that's hardly pulling **** out of your ***.

tibs7

Smash Champion
he 3-0'ed him like 3-4weeks before pound aswell, m2k just doesnt know what to do. he cant edgeguard for ****e for some reason. ADHD is dictating the whole match and m2k is falling for it everytime. poor m2k, he plays it all wrong.
if adhd played ally, ally wouldve won, but m2k timed him out game 5 lol

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure ally hasnt beaten m2k for a while now...

oh, and the tactical boards seem to think that diddy beats mk. hahahaha

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
he beat him both times, that's hardly pulling **** out of your ***.
Beating M2K twice on top of what I was actually talking about only makes me more impressed, tbh. Did you even bother to read my post or are your comprehension skills just that bad? :)

The way it's going, Diddy might end up better than MK soon, but not yet.
Oh dear. Why do you do this to us, Scott, why?

swordsaint

Smash Master
you're both ********s. I give one possibility and its implied im stupid.

ea, your comprehension skills are bad. You said "he either pulled something huge out of his ***" and I dismissed that with what I said. How did I not read your post? Idiot.

Splice

Smash Hero
Quick! Scott! Block them on MSN!
:laugh: Too True!

tbh I really do think MK will always stay No.1, maybe the margin will shrink, but, MK is the best character in the game.

I think Diddy is a better character than Snake though, i do. I really do.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I think Diddy is a better character than Snake though, i do. I really do.

^ This. Though Snake should never EVER drop below 4 in the tier list, he's still half broken. I say 4 because someone's bound to skyrocket ICs with some new form of unparalleled gay sooner or later. =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MK v Diddy may very well be diddy's advantage...

Meta Knight does not have ONE MOVE that is safe on diddy's shield if he's holding a banana. NOT ONE.

Compare that to Marth, Peach, Wario, SQUIRTLE, and a lot of other characters who can actually HIT Diddy's shield and not get instantly 30% damage given to you for it...
well... lol.

Course MK is MK, and the best MKs ive seen in the match up just zone diddy like they would Wario.
Restricting their ability to do anything but not actually hitting them until they mak ea mistake.
AND NEVER hitting their shield with a move. Only zoning around attempting to bait banana throws, which at that point diddy gets ****ed.

Ally isn't exactly a fan of the diddy match up either.

tibs7

Smash Champion
not one move is safe is on shield? i find it hard to believe that. from what your frame data says, you said it take 7 or 8frames to throw correct? well a SH fair will have less landing lag so he will have time to shield and i think same with dtilt, unless you are talking power shielding.

diddy> snake? no way, people that say this dont have much exp. against diddy, which is what the MU requires.
sorry but snake will always be better than diddy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MK's landing lag is 15 frames on his bair and fair.

MK at best will have a -8 advantage (i.e. still gets hit by a banana) if he auto cancels it.
Bair will have -3 advantage if it auto cancels... but Diddy can throw a banana and hit MK in between the hits of it (lol).
dtilt is -11 on shields too.

Pretty naive to throw out a statement such as "Snake will always be better than diddy".
Face it, 7 frame oos option thats completely safe against 90% of the cast and gives you potentially 30% damage or a kill is better than every character in the cast except Dedede in certain match ups and ICs, but even then both of those characters have quite limited range on their grabs compared to a banana toss.

I LAG

Smash Lord
imo if diddy is that great shaya should use him next tourney

but not against me or any other mks coz that MU is like 16x harder than the match MU

tibs7

Smash Champion
so i have to be frame perfect to hit him pretty much if he auto cancels the fair?
no one uses bair so no one cares.
yes i know bananas **** OOS and are safe most of the time and can potentially kill and whatever but we dont have them the whole game everywhere we go. snake has an ftilt that just ***** everywhere he goes and he doesnt die and kills extremely easily with a move that doesnt really hit. also has a **** camping game.
banana -> fsmash/dsmash normally bout 25% :p snake does the same percentage without an item..................

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
High calibur camping ADHD diddy rarely doens't have a banana in possession. It's still easy for him to force approaches with the popgun and one shield grab = he gets two bananas.

And no tibs, diddy doesn't have to be frame perfect at all. Spam/buffer a and you will hit MK unless the MK HIMSELF IS FRAME PERFECT (i.e. ease of execution is to diddy, not to MK)

But yeah, I'm not one to say Snake will always be better than Diddy, but Diddy -could- be better. I would still rate Snake higher atm though.

Diddy could easily rise to number 2 if he solidifies an advantage on MK though. And going just by frame data... MK has issues... lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
using adhd is a bad example though because no one is like him..
and cool i didnt know the 2nd part, ill have more questions on msn later ^_^

Hotdog

Smash Lord
ADHD reminds me of Corpse they are both so **** with their mains.
ADHD reminds me of Shaya, Amaterasu, Tibs, Tedeth, Earl, and any other top player... they're all so **** with their mains...

Edit: Ef you Dekar, beat to me to it =(

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
ea, your comprehension skills are bad. You said "he either pulled something huge out of his ***" and I dismissed that with what I said. How did I not read your post? Idiot.
Because it wasn't an appropriate response to my point? Thanks for proving my point for me.

Top Bottom