• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
I was referring to my match against Glenn

Last time I played him I 3 stocked him with Falco. Falco vs IC's is so horrible for Falco so I thought I'd win again easily. Didn't turn out that way. Next time I'll be prepared for sure
i think the key is not underestimating anyone ever, no matter how confident you are going in to match. not sure that last time you played glenn but im assuming he improved signifacantly

True Romance

Smash Ace
i think the key is not underestimating anyone ever, no matter how confident you are going in to match. not sure that last time you played glenn but im assuming he improved signifacantly
I warned Vladey, but he didn't listen :p

Is your brother still set on not playing IC's any more after his most impressive tournament result to date?

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
dunno hope not, i can never get a straight answer out of him...."i hate IC's, i wanna play olimar, i wanna play ness, ect ect"

:ohwell: wish he would just stick with IC in tournament matchs and keep the others for friendlies....HINT HINT glenn, if your reading this :)

Alzi

Smash Master
If he does play Olimar i hope he gets shattered at a tournament so he understands that his ice climbers were so ****. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People should be striving for the most competitive scene possible.

Of course player choice ends up ontop, but as Ice Climbers are a good character having a good one in the scene benefits everyone.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah we have a lot of people that are decent with IC's (Glen, Kane, Vlade, me) but Glen's the only one that uses them profficiently in tourney. Vlade used to. But Shaya's right you need the experience because there a very different matchup.

Would be cool if he seconded Olimar.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't mind if he moves to Olimar just his Ice Climbers were getting so **** and he was at a point where he could succesfully chain grab.

It's like learning all of toon link's tricks then suddenly moving to a random character lol.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't mind if he moves to Olimar just his Ice Climbers were getting so **** and he was at a point where he could succesfully chain grab.

It's like learning all of toon link's tricks then suddenly moving to a random character lol.
chaingrabbing is something that most (non ic mains) can do. its an important yet very small part of their game. desyncs and zoning are far more important and more difficult to learn.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
chaingrabbing is something that most (non ic mains) can do. its an important yet very small part of their game. desyncs and zoning are far more important and more difficult to learn.
hes got the desynching/mind games downpact, probably far more then he has the cg

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't know what desyncs and zoning are.

Oh i got an idea. Glenn becomes so pro with Ice climbers and learns their grabs so well that once he grabs someone that is it for them. He flys to RoboCop and comes 2nd. wooo.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice

Oh i got an idea. Glenn becomes so pro with Ice climbers and learns their grabs so well that once he grabs someone that is it for them. He flys to RoboCop and comes 2nd. wooo.
u make me lol alzi :)

on a different note i have discovered the perfect way to counter IC cg. As soon as glenn grabs me my hand begins to spazum in glenns direction and unfortunatly happens to knock glenns controller out of his hand. Thus breaking the cg, works everytime, its FULL PROOF!!!! :bee:

Attila_

BRoomer

alzi, youre making both yourself and him look bad.

to desync is easy yes, but to do you effectively is extremely difficult. controlling to characters well for a sustained period of time while someone is trying to kill you is outrageously hard. you guys are all stuck on initial ideas without thinking about their execution and implementation.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
alzi, youre making both yourself and him look bad.

to desync is easy yes, but to do you effectively is extremely difficult. controlling to characters well for a sustained period of time while someone is trying to kill you is outrageously hard. you guys are all stuck on initial ideas without thinking about their execution and implementation.
i would hardly say hes making them look bad, clearly he was joking....i think :)....Alzi desyncing is controlling popo and nana seperetly, e.g blizzard wall, infinate cg. When i said he had desycns/mind games down pact i meant his desyncing is controlled and used effectively, not just desyncing for the hell of it

Sieg

Smash Champion
i would hardly say hes making them look bad, clearly he was joking....i think :)....Alzi desyncing is controlling popo and nana seperetly, e.g blizzard wall, infinate cg. When i said he had desycns/mind games down pact i meant his desyncing is controlled and used effectively, not just desyncing for the hell of it
Do you really think this?

Do you really think Alzi was joking?

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila's being a nooooby
cg's are a major part of the IC game, god since when werent they, zoning/ desync's are important yes coz they normally mindgame into a grab. but grabs being small part in their game? wtfreak.

Attila_

BRoomer
im gonna use EA as an example here. his chaingrabbing has always been superb. but it wasnt until recently that he started doing really well at tournies. yet my cg ability sucks, and my ics do well in most instances. we focused on different parts of our games, which are all important. but without the desyncs, zoning and the ability to guard not only yourself but a cpu controlled character at the same time, you cant do well with ics at all. they need mindgames to get the grab. which means its never guaranteed, and they have to be able to win (or at least almost win) without it.

Splice

Smash Hero
im gonna use EA as an example here. his chaingrabbing has always been superb. but it wasnt until recently that he started doing really well at tournies. yet my cg ability sucks, and my ics do well in most instances. we focused on different parts of our games, which are all important. but without the desyncs, zoning and the ability to guard not only yourself but a cpu controlled character at the same time, you cant do well with ics at all. they need mindgames to get the grab. which means its never guaranteed, and they have to be able to win (or at least almost win) without it.
Alternatively you could just be better than EA?
No offense to EA.
Plus you dont suck at CGing 'Tila what up

Attila_

BRoomer
i know how cg a few (namely high tier) characters well, but rarely will 0 to death anyone. theres a big difference between giving someone 60% and actually killing them. actually, at the last tourney i was at, i lost because my cg-ing is subpar. single elimination semis, myself and an mk on our final stocks, me at 90%, i grab at 20% but drop him 100%, and lose. this has happened a bunch.

as such, most matches i win, i may get a grab or two, and cg for a bit. but rarely will i 0 to death. but most of the match im fighting with desyncs and actively trying to push someone into getting grabbed. this is the real hard part; and you cant learn it on training mode, unfortunately.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i know he used her in pools against dean, and in the semi's against afropony for game 2. ^_^. probably some other times aswell.

Splice

Smash Hero
Well in general I don't enjoy playing against ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Peach or Ice Climbers and some others lower down the tiers

But I always look forward to some enjoyable puzzling MK matches vs. Earl that involves lots of UpBing on his part and lots of Uairing on my part and it's a very fun little strategy game. Then he uses ZSS, so I figure it's a best of 5 and I'll wait for more MK. I lost the ZSS match and I CP'd Halberd coz Nicks told me to, and then I lost to his MK. And it turned out to be a set of 3. I should stop CPing Halberd...

I enjoyed the first match, didn't enjoy the second, and then I wasn't really in a happy state to play the MKvGaW MU.

Pretty much, I'm not too fussed playing Nix's ZSS or Apollos ZSS (I haven't played yours Zero), but when I lose the normally most enjoyable matches of the tournament to more ZSS-liness, it's just annoying.

Top Bottom