• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it's a different main character right? Focusing on something entirely different? I'm capped and have no way to find out. =P

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
We don't know, no details have been given.

Lain - d'awww. :3 Looks like a bunch of us are going over there again sometime this year, so you should be able to see us soon enough. I'm looking forward to playing y'all again, hopefully you don't 3-stock me this time! D:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if this alex strife kid changed his first name to cloud... well then I'd have to go wouldnt I?

also toby's right genesis was balls

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it was the worst most terribly run tournament in the world, even I could have run it better, plus they promised heaps of stuff that wasnt delievered and it all just felt very gay and unprofessional.

toby rocked up really early because he was told by the TO's that he had to be there at like 9am to avoid disqualifacation, 13 hours later he finally plays his first match.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All the organisers for it:

- LOVED MELEE
- DISLIKED BRAWL

Brawl was completely shafted and ran as late as it did, with postponements in matches and pools as far back as it had because the good ol TOs didn't care that the meleers were having friendlies after their pools were done, instead of switching over more tvs to allow brawl pools to happen faster.
gg.

It's for that reason the god **** grand finals for singles had to be played in a CRAMPED hotel room.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah it was good for melee espcially when in the middle of getting ***** at it, I pulled off a 0 -100% combo with weege that ended in an upB

C~Dog

Smash Champion
it was the worst most terribly run tournament in the world, even I could have run it better, plus they promised heaps of stuff that wasnt delievered and it all just felt very gay and unprofessional.

toby rocked up really early because he was told by the TO's that he had to be there at like 9am to avoid disqualifacation, 13 hours later he finally plays his first match.
These dudes should learn how to run a tourney from Cao. xD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Genesis was amazing for Melee. Too bad I left the Armada/Mango sets to hang out in San Francisco.

My biggest gripe with Genesis was the lack of amenities in and around it. Your only real option for lunch was a canteen staffed by Smashers; a hamburger took 3 hours to order. The nearest take-out was a 20 minute walk away, and the nearest train station was about 10 kms or a $25 cab ride away. Being in backwater Antioch was not cool.

*Note to self - Norcal is a Melee stronghold, Brawl don exits*

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
3 hours to order one of the worst burgers of my life. Smash secret sauce is the worst. That one day they had the flea market open made eating 100x better. Aside from the fact that it was in the middle of nowhere, I didn't really mind the venue though.

And yeah it was ran so badly lawl. Rocky was so much better in every way except for sheer quantity and quality of opponents. I'm glad I entered Melee or it would've been hell. :/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ooops, forgot.
Happy New Year everybody.
Marth is overcentralising the Australian metagame :'(

December 2009 (4 tournaments)

= Boost SEVEN 07/12/09 =
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8084
Entrants: 21. Entry: $10.

1: Shaya (Marth)
2: tedeth (Wario)
3: swordsaintscoot (Falco/Snake)
4: Zero_ (Zero Suit Samus)
5: e_alert (Ice Climbers)
5: Meteor (Meta Knight)
7: MaurerBox (Falco, Meta Knight)
7: S.D (Diddy Kong)

= SQUAT V 12/12/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9084091&postcount=1
Entrants: 51. Entry: $8.50.

2: tedeth (Wario, Wolf)
3: Amaterasu (Meta Knight)
4: J-Birds (Snake, Ice Climbers)
5: Richard7 (ROB, Meta Knight)
5: Roman (Meta Knight)
7: Muzga (Meta Knight)
7: I_LAG (Meta Knight)

= ROA 19/12/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9123450&postcount=953
Entrants: 15. Entry: $9.

1: Ant (Snake, Bowser, Ganon, Marth)
2: Jamage (Wolf, ROB, Peach)
3: Benji (Link)
4: Techa (Snake)
5: Martin (Mr. Game & Watch)
5: Ridion (Kirby)
7: Ridge (Sonic)
7: LazarusX (Mr. Game & Watch)

= Boost Christmas/Eight 20/12/09 =
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8270
Entrants: 14. Entry: $10.

2: tedeth (Wolf, Wario)
3: swordsaintscoot (Falco)
4: Meteor (Meta Knight)
5: Liam (Donkey Kong, Meta Knight)
5: Zero_ (Zero Suit Samus)
7: e_alert (Ice Climbers)
7: Toby. (Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer)

Zero

Smash Hero
Would you change it back if HV started having regular tournaments? Our player count only just reaches 8, with 2 melee only players and 1 brawl only player.

:)

Regular as in weekly or something.

Top Bottom