• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Denti

Smash Master
alright! so far we have been practicing! LOL and we have already ran into situations like you guys said, knowing our mind games with shading is very important. Dair is really good, and up air mind gaming is working real nice. if things go well at the torney we got too i'll put some videos of it up but so far things... idk lol. but really we need to like have the same mind games. :0 very important thing so wreck hard

Superspright

Smash Lord
You can potentially be very potent if you learn how to work well with each other. But, expect it to always be the hardest match of your life if you are playing anyone good. And play hard. The utilt is actually good to throw out if you can't get punished and they are let's say getting gerudo'd--it stops them from rolling that way, or they might get punished.

Just things like that. I like it when my partner can stomp chase with me, and techchase my stuff. Ganon is basically Snake with no grenades and no good utility. He's strong as hell, almost everything he does kills, and he has a techchase game [which Ganon's is shallow compared to the plethora of things snake can do with C4 mines, grenades, nikitas, etc while techchasing them, and his is a pseudoinfinite as well as ours on some characters.]

Basically, you gotta turn two ganons into one super stomp/tech-chasing beast. Two ganons can have great synergy if they are played well. But, this is a unique combo of power and power that ends up being hyper-powered. Lots of kills can be obtained with tipman combos and whatnot that another partner could setup as well. One stomps and the other covers with the uair (thus making it inescapable because the hitstun would prevent the air dodge), while the other could be charging a warlock punch or maybe an fsmash?
In any event, go for it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf has the most chance of tripping in a match than any other character, did you know that? The fact that Ganon has to approach with the (second) slowest running speed in about all his match-ups, makes him more vulnerable to tripping than any other character.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ganondorf has the most chance of tripping in a match than any other character, did you know that?
Did you know that Luigi has the most chance of tripping due to his traction? His percent is double that of the rest of the cast.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Did you know that Luigi has the most chance of tripping due to his traction? His percent is double that of the rest of the cast.
I think he meant more of a "You will see Ganon trip more than any other character" kind of thing. I don't see Luigi trip all of that often because he's in the air a lot, whereas Ganon's air game is a bit lacking.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Has anyone figured out what allows some attacks, that don't trip in general, to trip when dealing damage at low percents?

Like, Ganon's nair, apparently, can trip someone. It happened.

It remains the only constant, still, in my observation, that the opponent is damaged at a low percent, and that their hurtbox was just 'chipped' by the attack.

Since seeing Ganon's nair do it, I can't even say only weak attacks cause it. Then again, I haven't seen anything which makes a Marth tipper sound cause it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I've seen a sourspotted Dair trip someone.

:|

No idea how that works.

:034:
True. Testing perhaps? I think it only occurs when they are either planted or in a particular zone above a flat surface--I am not sure, but it leads to a techchase or a surprise gerudo if they are slow.

[EDIT]

I think he meant more of a "You will see Ganon trip more than any other character" kind of thing. I don't see Luigi trip all of that often because he's in the air a lot, whereas Ganon's air game is a bit lacking.
Good deductive skills--you obliterated his spurious correlation with a good dose of logic.

TP

Smash Master
Sourspot Dair on a grounded opponent at 0% has literally zero knockback. You can easily see this by putting the other character on a platform or something, and then ending the match and checking fastest hit speed or whatever it is. Perhaps all moves below a certain threshold knockback have a nonzero chance of tripping the opponent.

:034:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Btw, this is most likely known, but a FHAD [Full hop air dodge, duh] seems to give you invincibility frames and you land perfectly on the platforms in BF, and I believe you can buffer to a shad, or SH and then FFAD [which also ACs.]

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Btw, this is most likely known, but a FHAD [Full hop air dodge, duh] seems to give you invincibility frames and you land perfectly on the platforms in BF, and I believe you can buffer to a shad, or SH and then FFAD [which also ACs.]
yeah it is, and an instant double jump is actually quicker instead of one full hop :)

Denti

Smash Master
Team Ganon is getting better! just thought the ganon board should know! we have come up with code names for everything we ask of the other and we have come up with a code name to change our code names. I'm pumped to test this out in torney play!

My question is does the ganon forums have a social forum? ganon is consuming my life and soul :0

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, I've tried team Ganon before.

We almost beat the team that came in 2nd... yet didn't win against any other team XD

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Well guys, I want to talk about the importance of Uair Approach.

But first, I want to know if it's a common knowledge.

So, Who here uses Uair as Approach ?

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Well guys, I want to talk about the importance of Uair Approach.

But first, I want to know if it's a common knowledge.

So, Who here uses Uair as Approach ?
Sometimes. Though I wouldn't consider it Ganon's best approach.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
@Berserker01: You jump, and then input the Dair during the 7 (?) frames Ganondorf takes to jump, thus, due to brawl's buffering system, it comes out on the first frame possible, allowing it to autocancel.

I have a few questions to pose, everybody already knows about Ganondorf's superjump, or FoG (Flight of Ganon), but has anybody realised that it also works on springs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMKjhy8Cclk

(There are probably better videos out there, but I found this one by chance and can't be bothered to find a good one)

So, my questions are why does this work here, what else does this work on, and is the animation ganondorf performs the same animation as there is at the end of his Down B when you go offstage?

For example, would it be possible to use this on Sonic's spring that he spawns with his grounded Up B? And is it possible to do this off of windboxes? It seems that the animation in the FoG is the same as the end of the Down B, and thus I believe it way be happening due to Ganon rising at the start of the attack, performing the end animation for the attack, canceling the falling part. If my theory is true, then windboxes could also cause the superjump from a well-timed, grounded Down B (as the rising could substitute the jump).

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
@Berserker01: You jump, and then input the Dair during the 7 (?) frames Ganondorf takes to jump, thus, due to brawl's buffering system, it comes out on the first frame possible, allowing it to autocancel.

I have a few questions to pose, everybody already knows about Ganondorf's superjump, or FoG (Flight of Ganon), but has anybody realised that it also works on springs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMKjhy8Cclk

(There are probably better videos out there, but I found this one by chance and can't be bothered to find a good one)

So, my questions are why does this work here, what else does this work on, and is the animation ganondorf performs the same animation as there is at the end of his Down B when you go offstage?

For example, would it be possible to use this on Sonic's spring that he spawns with his grounded Up B? And is it possible to do this off of windboxes? It seems that the animation in the FoG is the same as the end of the Down B, and thus I believe it way be happening due to Ganon rising at the start of the attack, performing the end animation for the attack, canceling the falling part. If my theory is true, then windboxes could also cause the superjump from a well-timed, grounded Down B (as the rising could substitute the jump).
woah wtf
that totally blows any theory that I previously had about how the FoG works out the window

noradseven

Smash Lord
Im still confused on how I keep hearing how great over B is as a move for ganon, I mean sure ganon has a good oki off of the move but I mean hitting the move against people that are expecting it/baiting it is a total pain, its too slow and can be beaten/evaded on reaction.

You will hit it in a match sure but if you use it more than a few times people will expect and dodge punish it on reaction. I really don't think that even a good oki can make up for this, and even then the oki isn't as strong as you guys make it out to be this isn't melee, Melty blood,touhou (take your pick), where some characters oki's result in p. much free damage and reset.

There must be something Im missing or maybe not.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
as i said before
Then you shouldn't have answered.

@Red8: Not talking about that. What's Ganon's fastest attack out of shield, is what I'm asking for.

@Noobicial: Nope that's not it. There's one move that comes out faster than grab, and then there's another move (which isn't grab) that comes out faster than jab.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Now are we talking about the fastest useful thing to come out of shield? And are you looking for aerial SideB?

Whos meteor smash is stronger? Ness or Ganondorf? Because it says there in Smashwiki that Ness' meteor smash is stronger than Ganondorf's and Ganondorf's meteor smash is 3rd strongest while Ness' meteor smash is 2nd strongest. I strongly disagree with that so who's meteor smash is stronger?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If Neess has the second strongest meteor smash, who has the strongest?
Luigi. Luigi has the most powerful meteor smash in the game.

Also, remember that Ness's spike is only stronger until 23% due to a slightly higher base knockback.

23%. That's a **** low number. It has **** growth, compared to Ganondorf's ******** growth rate + ridiculous base knockback.

Top Bottom