• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It's... useful. Not much else to say about it lol. Always good to know your options.
Oh now I remember my other question DLA, it's a follow-up with the last question:
  • Does Ganon get invinci-ledge frames from doing a buffered ledge-hop U-air into FCLG? (This would be a sick edge-guarding defense or planking use & I can't really test it since I don't have 4 hands ]= )

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
If you drop off the ledge fast enough after grabbing it, you have 23 frames of invincibility.
This goes for any and all characters.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
That's great to hear. Ledge-drop to a ledge-hop U-air still have invinci-frames on U-air's strong frames 6-10, and I think/I'm not positively sure but FCLG cancels U-airs ending 33rd frame by grabbing the ledge on frame 25(?)

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I'm trying to get connected with the boards of my mains. So what usually goes down here on the Ganon boards?

I also have a question: When I Flame Choke, I usually do it like how Falco does his Side B. To me it seems like Ganon lands faster if you SH>SideB. Is it situational or should I always jump when I use Side B?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Aerial side B (or Aerudo for short) is useful in a different way from grounded side B. Aerudo has a shorter startup time but a longer cooldown time if you miss, I think. But more importantly, Aerudo doesn't have any guaranteed followups, as opposed to grounded Gerudo which has guaranteed Dtilt, Dash attack, jab, and/or Ftilt against a large portion of the cast. And Aerudo does less damage IIRC.

The biggest reason to use Aerudo is as a mixup when you're landing. Space yourself like you're going to hit their shield with an aerial, then side B instead so that it goes through their shield. There aren't a lot of command grabs in this game so not a lot of people expect it.

As far as the Ganon boards go... see for yourself, it's as dead as a poe in here.

akito555

Smash Rookie
Running off the stage then going back on the stage immediately with Side B is a nice way of using Air Side B. You can catch people by surprise, or even punish wake up attacks with it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So it recently came to my attention that Ganon can ledgehop flame choke and f-air onto the stage. I've only done each of them once, in the same game, on Battlefield. I'm not really sure how it happened, but if it's a known thing, is it possible to do either on any other stage?

Also, I can't get ledge jump -> flame choke just above stage level as consistently as I want to. Are there any particular indicators of when I should input the command, that I should be looking out for? I currently just hold sideways and mash B as I ledge jump in attempt to get the flame choke out on the earliest possible frame. It tends to give me a flame choke out of a FULL ledge jump, which I don't want in most scenarios for obvious reasons. :applejack:

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
@ akito555 akito555 Only if you're also in a spot where a ganoncide will still benefit you because if they chase fast enough you could end up dragging them to a terrifying death. On a similar note, a quicker version of this can be achieved with wizkick offstage>aerudo backwards if the wizkick is spaced correctly.

@ Zatchiel Zatchiel Both should work anywhere there is a ledge to grab. How the flame choke is landed will depend on what kind of terrain is near the edge you're hopping off.

I use rhythm to try and get it consistent, and I can pull it off perfectly about 75% of the time (it takes more practice than I really care to put into the game since Smash4 is right around the corner). For anything of that nature I would recommend going into training, turning the speed down to 1/4, and just watching where Ganon is when it comes out correctly. Once you're sure, move directly to full speed and try to anticipate exactly when you have to hit the input so that it comes out at the point you observed in 1/4. This is better than button mashing as the mashes can skip the optimum time and can keep you from being ready for whatever happens next.

Superm@n

Smash Rookie
Hi !

Is Ganondorf's down smash still air dodgeable after the first hit ?
Because in Brawl, 1 time out of 2 the opponent was able to air dodge the smash (charged or not) even if the first kick hit.

EDIT : I just noticed that wasn't a thread about SSB4 sry xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom