• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey do you guys know what the timing is to consistently buffer dtilts out of dair with c sticking?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey do you guys know what the timing is to consistently buffer dtilts out of dair with c sticking?
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can c-stick DTilts out of DAirs unless you're using the tiltstick setting with the C-stick set to attack.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
No you can do it with c-sticking, I did it before. I didn't think you could it either, I even just threw out a few smashes to make sure I was actually using c-sticking.

I was trying to dair-reverse iDA, and he did a reversed dtilt instead. I'm pretty sure I also managed to dtilt in the original direction once or twice as well.

I could be wrong, but I think the timing is a bit slower than the iDA. When he was landing from the dair I tapped the control stick, then I'm pretty sure I waited for it to return to neutral position and tapped down c and he did a reverse dtilt (I tapped the control stick in the opposite direction that he was facin). I wasn't sure if that was the correct timing so I asked here.

I tried to do it with his ogther tilts but I couldn't get it to work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you're holding the same direction as you press the C-Stick, you will tilt instead of smash.

Works with buffering.

I thought it was common knowledge.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks for the info.

How do you approach someone who will just sit in their shield?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
what, like finding someone to fight on wifi?

you'll usually have a hard time finding wifi matches on smashboards... I suggest introducing yourself in the general thread and asking if anyone wants to wifi, and other than that just check the free play or singles ladder chat on AiB... some of us are on there occasionally

soju

SD God
So I realized I have a Wii in all of it's Wii glory, so I guess I'm going to pick up a little Brawl. The thing is, I hate Brawl Pikachu and believe my Melee Pikachu will suffer in skill immensely if I use such a thing, Brawl doesnt have Roy my Boy so he's out of the picture. Ganon lacks his purple swaggindorf colors, but Falcon's knee saddens me to the point of no return. So I guess I'll play Ganondorf because he has das boot and purple swaggilicious aura anyways. So what's this brawl metagame like now? Spacing and what not?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Oh hey melee players. Sorry we don't pay attention

Brawls meta-game is a lot of camping and spacing. There aren't many true combos, so you have to rely on reads and predictions.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
About Dorfs grabgame... What can we do? Fthrow does a lot of damage, but after that you can't do anything anymore. Dthrow is decent but kinda hard to follow up and the rest don't even do damage.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Usually if you get the grab, you should throw them offstage and try to edgeguard. If you're nowhere close to the edge, Fthrow for the damage.

If you want to get something going, Dthrow can lead to some interesting things. If your opponent doesn't immediately air dodge after Dthrow, an immediate full hop Fair will usually sweetspot them and kill early with bad DI. If they do air dodge to the ground, wizkick is usually guaranteed to hit. I haven't really tried it, but you can probably jump at them after the Dthrow and bait the air dodge, then fast fall and follow up with whatever you like when they land.

Uthrow isn't awful against characters who are bad at landing. I usually just use something else though.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Does Aerudo have a lot less advantage than a grounded one? Whenever I do it I can't really do anything before the opponent is able to escape, losing all my guaranteed options and having less time to act anyways.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right, good to know. One more thing, dair is too slow to catch an opponents getup/attack from an aerudo? I never seem to be able to pull it off...

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Most characters' GUA beat out DAir, anyway, so it's more about spacing than timing, generally. But in this case, yeah, nothing is fast enough to work, so you have to read them.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Most people tend to get up attack out of habit, so against someone inexperienced you can generally get a grab from a shielded get up attack. Or more, depending on how laggy the get up attack is.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah that's actually true. Especially for worse players who get a false sense of safety from using a get up attack. I just have a habit of trying to dair getup attack with Dorf, only to get hit. There is enough time to dash away and then Gerudo again after an Aerudo if they getup attack?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I play neither char, I'm just curious.
Does Ganon have any options against desync blizzard? Are they supposed to be sh blizzards? FH? Alternating between sh and fh?

I always hear that it shuts him out but is he not able to like attack from above or something? Is his best bet to do something along the lines of roll behind --> SDI the rest of the way behind --> followup?

SSS

Smash Ace
So I've come to a point where I realized that the advent of SSB4 will possibly bring about the ending and dying off of competitive Brawl. Resigning myself to the fact that I'll never be at the level of M2K and ESAM and all them, I have decided to give up on the high tiered characters like Marth and Pikachu, and decided to just say f**k it and pick Ganondorf. He is my new main. That's right; you heard me. Now my friends and I are planning on having a Ganondorf tournament soon. All Ganondorf, all the time. So basically what I'm asking is for any advice on Ganondorf/Ganondorf ditto.

rurounikenshin

Smash Rookie
Hi Ganon mains, Can someone please tell me all the options of my opponent when I grab him with a side-B and how to punish them?

Oh, and what´s the best combo Ganon has out of Dair at lower percents? I tried with Dair into Dair but it doesn´t count as 2 consecutive hits on training mode.

Thanks.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Falcos dair has a small hitbox. It's not really going to work unless you are like at 0%. Try bair.
Falco doesn't have many good options after getting hit by upB though. Practice with someone like Marth first.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
hey Ganon boards probably my first time posting here but I have a couple of questions bulletined and I want your thoughts on them:

• What do you guys think about Flame Choke Ledge Grabbing? [(The best example would be to ledge-hop U-air like always but not having to fall and Up-B back to ledge and instead FCLG to quickly grab the ledge). I believe Ledge-hop D-air and B-air both work with FLCG but idk about F-air or N-air. N-air seems believable though. One last thing to add onto is a Wizard Foot Cancel and U-air follow-up with a buffered Second Jump U-air to a FLCG(?)].

I forgot my other question owell :(

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's... useful. Not much else to say about it lol. Always good to know your options.

Top Bottom