• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Okay, I know this question has been answered before, but what percentage can Fox chaingrab Falcon to?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
What percentage can Fox CG Falcon to? Has to be pretty high, considering his size and lack of shine in addition to being a fast-faller....

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I know it starts working at 20% (works at 0% if they don't DI). I tested this, but you need to time the dash and jc grab perfectly if they DI away. Don't know how high their percentage has to be before they can jump out.
Before that you should prolly go for uthrow->usmash->tech chase (or another usmash if they really suck at DI). If they DI away or behind at really low percents you wont have time to dash in and jc usmash, but you can actually reach them with a jab, and possibly regrab them from that. (uthrow->jab if they DI away will only work up until like 10% though, so if they DI away at 10%-19% and jump you cant actually follow up with anything except maybe an ftilt or something lulz)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Well, utilts juggles won't work at really low percents. I usually CG between 20% and 40% (and uthrow->usmash if I grab them at a percentage below 20%), then I utilt and combo from there

Tero.

Smash Champion
Guys what stage would you counterpick against Falcon ?
And what stage would you ban ?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Mang0 and SW vids?!!?!?! post!

also when doing a thunders...how logn does the wd need to be...like where shoudl the control stick be...sometimes i get it and soemtimes i dont...

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Mang0 and SW vids?!!?!?! post!

also when doing a thunders...how logn does the wd need to be...like where shoudl the control stick be...sometimes i get it and soemtimes i dont...
You need to do a near perfect or perfect wavedash for the jab to reach. It is the most essential part of the thunders combo.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
^ Nah,

you can do a half-***** WD really fast and still get to it. Don't bother making it a perfect WD if its too difficult for you. Just do it faster. :)

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
You grab a spacie at 0, there are many many many ways you could go from here, many leading 0-death. How do you go about it

don't assume they have frame perfect DI or techs for the purpose of discussion

GOTM

Smash Champion
You grab a spacie at 0, there are many many many ways you could go from here, many leading 0-death. How do you go about it

don't assume they have frame perfect DI or techs for the purpose of discussion
cg, utilt, cg, weak nairs/bairs to combo, then either nair/fsmash off the stage to edguard, or usmash if you know they have bad DI and will die.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
keep chaingrabbing till abut 20%...then a utilt...cg...upsmash....nair's and bairs then you can prolly go out to shine

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I want to know how to do a waveshine when your opponent is behind you and continue to grab, upsmash or w/e follow up it is.

Like I can do the one where the opponent is right in fox's face and waveshine to w/e, but from his back, he seems to get stuck there when I try to follow up. If its like this, all I can do right now is wavedash forward then run back again, but thats not what I want.

Any advice on how to do this?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
if you hit with the running shine, might as well JC usmash.

A REALLY cool combo is:

running shine->JC nair (you'll get the weak hit while they're on the ground from the shine) -> dtilt/usmash/reverse utilt.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yup, is better if you get the sped up walk first. But you have to do the moonwalk as fast as possible or it wont be noticeable at all

Top Bottom