• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Up throw combo is gay. Try to SDI the up tilt in a random direction to escape the death grab (or force him to tip it). DI in the direction he's swinging his sword, don't let him do the reverse thing. Slight DIs are your friend.

Avoid grab via spacing and not messing up technical skill. Don't get knocked over. Don't get hit by up air for jumping over him at low percents. Don't get hit by fairs. Don't get dash attacked. Buffer roll after being down tilted. And so forth.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Playing Marth is weird compared to most characters because he's usually looking for grabs much more often than other characters. If he is just DDing/WDing back and grabbing your aerials, be more patient with DDing yourself and approach with grounded shines more instead of jumping. Double jumping out of a SH approach is also great at baiting grabs, and you just land right on top of them after they whiff. It can be a bit risky though, so use it sparingly/with wavelands on the top platform. DIing behind Marth's utilt is HUGE. Missing it leads to huge combos and easy gimps so always be aware of the risk of them throwing out utilts when you approach, especially after they land with another aerial (like they will do a fair by the ledge to make you think he's vulnerable then utilt immediately after and you miss the DI and get daired).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if they pivot grab perfectly you can't shine out.

don't get grabbed :3

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
im planning to study fox history.

could someone give me timeline of the old great fox players -> the new great fox players?

then i'll check out all the players on youtube.

thanks.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
That's cause Kels' fox is gay as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. And yea Lovage is my hero. Along with Mango and Javi.
this 1000x

....except sw is actually the best fox main

u guys havent seen otto when hes ON HIS **** like i have, it's some cosmic *** disgaea destruction **** ****

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
M2K was on point with his fox on day 1 of Apex before they stole his perfect controller. I was watching him vs Chillen in friendlies while USA vs The World cruise was going on.

M2K and Javi are my fav. foxes right now.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i think m2k needs to stop being dumb and getting his controller stolen....seriously, i was thinking it was dumb to just quit after losing to wobbles...but then..

i would just quit the moment my controller was stolen probably or go some random secondary...i wouldn't want my main characters being judged on some second-rate controller that i'm not adjusted to.

two days ago i left my controller at home and played and even after 2 hrs i couldn't get used to the activation zones on the cstick being different so i would keep fairing when trying to upair, or bair when trying upair.....it's totally impossible to play vs jiggs when you throw out random aerials and cover a completely different space than where you intended...

though since controllers matter so much....hiring someone to steal controllers from all the competition seems like my best bet at winning the next national lolol

of course no one did that..i've had one controller stolen back when i was starting melee and about 4 more were stolen that tournament ( but 3 of them were people just accidentally taking someone else's controller)

but seriously, how many times has m2k had his controller stolen? was it while he was sleepign? i feel like that is the only thing justified (i take my controller with me to the restroom;P)

Bones0

Smash Legend
lol @ anyone who believes M2K's controller was stolen.

The kid borrows and loses multiple controllers at every tournament. Let's be real here.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sorry if this is poor etiquette, but I'm still looking for advice here:
Don't jab so much. Especially on shield. Substitute with shine, aerials, and/or movement stuff.

You get up attack too much when knocked over. He's not really punishing it but I think 4/5 non-tech options were get up attack. Don't attack out of panic in those situations.

You don't seem to know how to do basic Marth edgeguards (ledgehop bair, lightshield edgehog, etc).

You don't seem comfortable at the edge in general and make a lot of bad recovery choices (use sharper angles and hog the wall for tech opportunities more often than never, aim for the top platform vs Marth when you can, etc).

Grab a lot more. Combo your shines into grab. Up throw --> up air (or back air... depends on what you're trying to do).

Full jump over his obvious grab approaches and then come down with dair once you see him miss and combo to shine to grab to up throw up air. If he doesn't grab, then waveland off a platform or bair or something. Be safe, basically.

Meneks

Smash Lord
lol @ anyone who believes M2K's controller was stolen.

The kid borrows and loses multiple controllers at every tournament. Let's be real here.
no his controller was stolen AND he just played a match of brawl using the wii nunchucks

Hes rusty alright..

pffffffft

Kels is probably the most under-appreciated national level player of all time
Only cause he doesn't have many videos put up

Top Bottom