• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Bing

Smash Master
Ryan still never gets talked about.

Also, based on the whole thing about missing the obvious fullhops over marths grab/edge guarding techs. And the get up attacks. I'd say you play mostly level 9's... its a horrible thing to get accustomed to and it takes awhile to break out of too.

Meneks

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say it takes a while to break out of the habits you picked up from playing a level 9.

Play with humans for a couple hours and you'll be good.

And to practice just go against level 1s.

You shouldn't really develop any habits playing against a dummy.

Meneks

Smash Lord
haha, probably why then.

if all you play is the level 9 for HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURS every day then yeah..

I used to play level 9s back when I FIRST started smash just so I can learn how to use and implement wavedashing in actual game play

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk, unknown gets a lot of love on the boards. He posts a lot, is in the MBR, and people know hes really legit. I'm pretty sure more people know who he is than who kels is

EWC

Smash Ace
Man it's weird to think that there are probably high level foxes today who didn't grow up worshipping Ckit's guide.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Anyone with solid peach experience, what are the visual cues for a dashattack from peach and is there any way to bait it out or something?
use full hop bair or run up shield if you think they're gonna dash attack

Man it's weird to think that there are probably high level foxes today who didn't grow up worshipping Ckit's guide.
never read that sht in my life lol

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
shigadigadig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntagrDUTR8

I've been trying to improve my dash dancing and spacing and such... I think this is better than before ^^
but I still suck at playing this game, so i'd appreciate a critique ^^
I'd also like to work on making my fox more aggressive, but I don't really know how to do that, so I'd like to get some advice on that as well.

Beat!

Smash Master
Your dashdancing doesn't really accomplish anything, and it doesn't really seem to have a purpose. You're just DDing super fast on the spot for a few seconds. That can be good if your opponent is pressured and you want to force a knee-jerk decision/habit from him/her, but in the neutral game you're supposed to be weaving in and out, alternating the lenghts of your dash to bait stuff, etc. What you're doing now is essentially the same as standing still, but with fewer options.

Watch some vids of M2K's Fox (his matches agains Ken are old but good) to get a better idea of how to DD well.

It also doesn't help that you run off to the sides a lot of the time. Center stage is important. Don't just give it up like that.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Good work Otto on wining that tourney in BC.

Also did toph beat sion?

:phone:
no I didn't get to fight him >.> but he probably woulda bodied me the way he was playing/the way I was playing

feeling really uncomfortable with my controller so I couldn't fight fastfallers at all but I 4stocked a certain Puff who will go unnamed and 2-0'd bladewise <.< then I lost to Otto and Vish and got 5th LOL. only got to play Washingtonians in bracket D: I think I'm gonna break in a new controller cuz I'm way too fed up with the one I currently have, it is so goddamn inconsistent for me especially compared to controllers I've used in the past.

Vish ascended to super saiyan 4 and beat sion in bracket though! I don't think it says anything about sion's overall skill level though, me and sw played him in friendlies after the tournament for a while and sion is disgusting as ever

unknown522

Some guy
no I didn't get to fight him >.> but he probably woulda bodied me the way he was playing/the way I was playing

feeling really uncomfortable with my controller so I couldn't fight fastfallers at all but I 4stocked a certain Puff who will go unnamed and 2-0'd bladewise <.< then I lost to Otto and Vish and got 5th LOL. only got to play Washingtonians in bracket D: I think I'm gonna break in a new controller cuz I'm way too fed up with the one I currently have, it is so goddamn inconsistent for me especially compared to controllers I've used in the past.

Vish ascended to super saiyan 4 and beat sion in bracket though! I don't think it says anything about sion's overall skill level though, me and sw played him in friendlies after the tournament for a while and sion is disgusting as ever
Ahh. Sucks that you lost to only WA players.

Also the controller

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What happened to Cactus's framecrafting thread?

Not that I super care because I already have his files and know the link to the metronome, but did he take it down or something? I thought it was pretty useful

other people know too, they just arent reminded as often as me and toph are how dope canadians are. or they just arent cool

<3

Edit: thanks ryan. Good **** winning that other canada tourney. Fox 4 lyfe

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
[yt]z8nbBZUls7g[/yt]

[yt]UmUzZZ60QNk[/yt]

[yt]LisYExb-VUE[/yt]

[yt]tiuT8_moQiA[/yt]

Friendlies before my Saturday tournament. I actually did better than I expected after only being back for a week or so. Beat DoH's Peach and got 9th.

Any tips or advice would be dope.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, advice for me too I guess ~_~

Man, some of this is like pretty embarrassing though <_<

unknown522

Some guy
I didnt realize canadians were so full of self pity about not being americans. Learn something every day
haha, I wouldn't want to be american.

other people know too, they just arent reminded as often as me and toph are how dope canadians are. or they just arent cool

<3

Edit: thanks ryan. Good **** winning that other canada tourney. Fox 4 lyfe
thanks man, and no prob.

onmi, I dunno what to say. You're winning most of these from what I can see. Also, wenbo doesn't main falco does he?

unknown522

Some guy
double post:

Lovage, I just watched your set with scar. It was really entertaining even though you lost. Always great watching high-level play like that.

I would also like to suggest shine -> WD -> (insert move) from the ledge at these times:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTdmsCE-9Wk#t=16m30s
www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hHKrHlzcA#t=26m26s

You'll hit them with the shine and I know that you have the tech skill to do it. It's for a guaranteed kill

Top Bottom