• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

crush

Smash Master
yeah i think i told that story. Surprised you remembered crush
I have photographic memory I remember every percent and stock of the ending of all of my games which helps me recall like the whole entire match. But you never talked about that reverse shinegrab oos here on the boards I was just that black guy standing behind you watching that match.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
ICG was cute and funny, and his posts were all great because nobody took him seriously.

Crush you're stupid - sveet

Also icg never seemed very cute if anything he was a bit on the scary side because of his long hair/beanie

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Sure, but they aren't forced into fading away. It's still a mixed strategy thing where they have the options of doing regular pillaring, doubleshining, fadeaway aerial, waveshine back, shinegrab, whatever.

And shine OOS beats some of those things and gets punished by others.

If your point is that forcing them to deal with it is valuable, then I agree. Just trying to put its real value into perspective
Yea, thats fair. but shine grab is the hardest to beat by far(easiest to beat technically, but u cant really react to it, and then ur left open to EVERYthing else). Everything else isnt that much of a problem if you know what to look for. Mix ups make it more difficult, but you just gotta wait for your opening, it will be there. Shine oos is gay as ****.

I think alot of ppl look at the situation wrong. When you are getting effectively shield pressured by a space animal alot of ppl try to turn that situation into an offensive. often it results in them getting punished. IMO the majority of the time I think ppl should focus on simply getting away, not punishing them for attacking. and combine with basic things like WD oos, effective rolling, shield angling and simple shield DI away, then shine oos is pretty dam good. I dont really think there are alot of situations where u cant use it, other than the ones where they are too far away, and generally u can jump out of the shine and keep it movin.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah it went pretty much like he said. I remember it clearly, we were on the setup in the middle that was supposed to go on the projector. This was like at the beginning of the day before anything happened. We were on FD and I forced you to shield and I faired the back of it. Then my mind was blown when I was grabbed anyways

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I have a question.

In terms of stage defending on the other side, which move has the advantage?

shine>turn around>WD backwards to the edge, or moon walk to the edge?

voorhese

Smash Master
ive been trying to learn the style pointless gay style of fox, its sooo boring. It is however harder than i thought to just upthrow chaingrab, upthrow uptilt, upthrow upsmash, and tech chase people with the same things over and over.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
voorhese can also grounded oos reverse shine grab
I'm working on the consistency of grounded oos shine. I've already done shine oos wavedash jab reset and shine oos wavedash backwards grab. It's pretty fun when you get them.

One of my favorite things to do for the lulz lately is what I call the spinning thunders.

some type of approach (running, aerial, etc.) shine turnaround wavedash turn around jab reset to w/e. Easiest to do running since you get more momentum.

Easily one of the coolest things I've come up with myself.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Easily one of the coolest things I've come up with myself.
For some reason like 20% of my drillshines/waveshine have this happen where I drill > shine > turnaround in my shine (for like a frame) > turnback around and wavedash out

And I can't replicate it on purpose

//cool but useless

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo sup fox boards havn't been here in a while

my president is black, my lambos blue
AND ILL BE GOD DAMMED IF MY RIMS AINT TOOO

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Lovage I want to Fox ditto you in friendlies at The Big House. I've worked a lot on Fox lately and I wanna try him against someone that isn't from my region.

Rather not MM, just 'cuz I lost a lot of money to school a few days ago.

:)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
would only be ~2 frames slower than grab/upsmash/nair so I don't see why not. without calculating (I have other things to do atm), you might be pushing it on Bowser, DK, or maybe Samus though because they have less hitstun (higher weight).

JPOBS

Smash Hero
velynn plays puff, trail plays ics i think (maybe ganon), the lake plays zelda.

hope u got your jank matchups down pat :troll:

Top Bottom