• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

leffen

Smash Champion
you can definitely chain grab falcon at a few percents but I dont know if he can actually chaingrab at 20-60% straight on all DI's

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
These were started at 21%. This is inside your domain, on the low side which is where it should work the best.

No DI (kinda what we all expected... didn't even attempt to make it frame perfect jump)

Full DI (frame perfect dash grab from fox)

leffen

Smash Champion
I think higher % = easier to cg, since he has more hitstun (heavies suffer from much lower hitstun)

and isnt JC grab better?

also: DI behind since it takes longer for fox to regrab then.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I just tested it and if falcon frame perfectly jumps out, fox cannot jump cancel grab. Must be perfect if fox perfectly dash->Jc grabs. Too lazy to gif it, hopefully you take my word

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea. Like what Ryan said. JC is a must.

You can only use it from 15%-25% but I prefer uthrow>usmash in the 15%-32% range.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You might be right about the frame perfect jump on Falcon's end, Sveet. I distinctly remember CGing S2j this weekend, and I've been doing that **** for years. I'd gamble the grab...chances are they won't jump out correctly even if it isn't a true CG. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I actually thought it was known that falcon could jump out... Cause i remember doing all these test a year ago, then Oro!? started doing it, then ORLY... Why do i teach falcon players these things anyways? I should just keep the knowledge to myself for free wins, right?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
People do it so often because Falcon's never jump out. If it's as tight of a timing as you say, I'm not really surprised. I'd still go to FD and run "CGs" on Falcon..

Man I hate Falcon so much. s2j ran train on my inexperienced ***.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think higher % = easier to cg, since he has more hitstun (heavies suffer from much lower hitstun)
throws ignore weight for hitstun.
or, more specifically, throws assume Mario weight (100) for knockback/hitstun calculation.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Bad, where do you get all that data anyway?
intensive work on Project M and in general being aware of frame data and game mechanics over the years. much of what I know is from SDM's data or Magus posts.

Walt

Smash Ace
I was entertained when we were watching the Genesis 2 crew battle together and you started just spouting off relevant frame data to what was happening.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
is there a reason as to why i never see a fox player use a fair for shield pressure? I don't know about the actual data, but you can get two of fair's kicks on a shield, l cancel, shine, and it doesn't seem like one could do anything between the kicks.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
thanks i had no idea how great it was, it just seemed really safe.

also, is there a matchup guide for fox, or a link to a discussion about peach? I just have no idea how the matchup works for fox besides being kinda campy. I'm a scrub when it comes to most things about fox, i'm all tech skill( tbh i still have sub-mediocre tech skill).

PK Webb

Smash Champion
dont expect 1 strategy to answer your problem sometimes u gotta camp other time u gotta be aggressive. just gotta find out what works through gettin beatdown. dont mess up waveshine usmash though that thing is crucial

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i can do most things that **** peach up, i can waveshine, dash cancel usmash, uthrow double uair low %'s, double laser semi consistantly, I just can't get a hit in. ever stock i end up either getting CG'd, taking like 50% from dsmash, or getting gimped at like 30%. I know its because I suck, but i just can't find that crucial openning often enough not to get consistantly 2-stocked.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
drill grab when they cc. u just cant attack mindlessly their hitboxes r bigger then yours. dashdance bait land u throw u air.....just play solid

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been posted before in here but I'm looking for a bit of advice on the ganon matchup. Approaches, safe things to try, easy kill moves, general tactics, what to avoid. Pretty much any advice you have would be helpful.

:phone:
Or you could just keep getting swagged on by my Ganon

PK Webb

Smash Champion
drill grab does work if the cc thats what drill is 4.....reaper u play marth go over there.....but fine dont take my advice and go get *****.....run from peach till she hits u laser all day till she corners u and makes u her b*tch....i swear these boards get rid of all creativity and every matchup shud be played this way and not that way........smashboards fake......rant ova

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was entertained when we were watching the Genesis 2 crew battle together and you started just spouting off relevant frame data to what was happening.
I don't remember this LOL. Got examples?

Top Bottom