• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
So, there´s gonna be a small Tourney in Germany in two weeks - My goal is to become 2nd - cause Ice might be a liiittle bit to strong for me. But there´s that stupid *** Shiek which beats me everytime we meet up, I wanna defeat her this time. :glare: You guys got any mindblowing tipps for that matchup?

Lovage

Smash Hero
LMAO yea falcon is ****ing abysmal in teams
the tiniest of bad decisions and ur absolutely *****

aight aight aight enough of dis, someone talk about some fox **** i've been feeling hella motivated recently

leffen

Smash Champion
Fox ***** peach.
Just spam full jumps and react to what she does every time you're close to her (always space it so that you can stuff her nairs with a bairs). It works amazingly well (mixup some platform dropped bairs/ dropping with shine etc too).

:)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LMAO yea falcon is ****ing abysmal in teams
the tiniest of bad decisions and ur absolutely *****

aight aight aight enough of dis, someone talk about some fox **** i've been feeling hella motivated recently
Actually Idk about that, having a partner with Falcon can hide his weaknesses pretty well assuming your partner can help you when you are getting hit. I mean if he gets double teamed all the time then something's wrong obviously. Dual combos with Falcon can be ridiculous too that's why he's good in teams.

As for Fox himself, I can't really help. >_<

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Ok so was practicing last night and wanted to try out running shine cancel>drill waveshine>grab>uthorw>uair on samus. I find that combo useful cuz it takes off about 46%.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ok so was practicing last night and wanted to try out running shine cancel>drill waveshine>grab>uthorw>uair on samus. I find that combo useful cuz it takes off about 46%.
Yeah because Uthrow Uair works on Samus
Wait ...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So you listed a combo that doesn't work to prove ... what?

Also drilling Samus is a hazard already ...

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Reflecting turnips can be useful in scenarios where she's picked a trajectory that will get hit by the turnip on its way back at her

Lovage

Smash Hero
important thing about the peach matchup
do not reflect turnips
>.>
Reflecting turnips can be useful in scenarios where she's picked a trajectory that will get hit by the turnip on its way back at her

ya reflecting turnips can actually be pretty **** when used SUPER SPARINGLY

i almost never want to give advice like that, because it's one of those tricks that does work when used right, but when a noobie fox hears "lovage says reflects turnips vs. peach," they're gonna spam it and use it at really bad times and get fair'd over and over LOL.

w/e tho, it's pretty good sometimes cuz peaches will come in for the same turnip -> fair setup a lot of the time, and the turnip hits them thru their fair.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
quit thinking of these super premade combos sinji. just adapt and react accordingly to every move :D

unless it's like, waveshine to w/e

edit: go play mvc if you want super long premade guaranteed combos lol

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I play that.
Basically what he and others are saying [we mention this to you often :p] is that you don't just input combos like the other fighting games, almost every single time you hit your opponent in smash, theres tons of variables..so you can't just say like "i'ma nair to dair to grab to uthrow air", because the first hit might not even work out depending on their DI and percent..it's easier to discuss very minimal 2-3 hit strings that work based off a certain percent

like..
"HAY GAIS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FALCO'S DAIR TO FSMASH **** AT AROUND 70-90% ON HEAVIES? **** *****"

also why the **** can't this game/some hacker implement online play, i want to play ALL OF YOU

weon - X

Smash Ace
allright so i got a tournament this next weekend, vwins is in my pool, I've never played him before, what do i do? im not very experienced in the peach match up, never really played a real peach to be honest. (sorry david). Any advice from people that have played him for player specific strategies is welcome :) im not that bad so please don't tell me not to nair him at 20 :S

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Basically what he and others are saying [we mention this to you often :p] is that you don't just input combos like the other fighting games, almost every single time you hit your opponent in smash, theres tons of variables..so you can't just say like "i'ma nair to dair to grab to uthrow air", because the first hit might not even work out depending on their DI and percent..it's easier to discuss very minimal 2-3 hit strings that work based off a certain percent

like..
"HAY GAIS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FALCO'S DAIR TO FSMASH **** AT AROUND 70-90% ON HEAVIES? **** *****"

also why the **** can't this game/some hacker implement online play, i want to play ALL OF YOU
I didn't really need a explanation about the game lol. thanks though. smash was the first fighting game i took up.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I didn't really need a explanation about the game lol. thanks though. smash was the first fighting game i took up.
I'm not just randomly explaining the game to you mang, almost every other day you ask "what do you guys think about this combo [X -> Y -> Z]" and people write you off, i'm letting you know why people write you off

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Trahh there is online for this. Dolphin. Also you could have used the PSO glitch to get online but i seem to recall some reason why that doesn't work anymore.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Trahh there is online for this. Dolphin. Also you could have used the PSO glitch to get online but i seem to recall some reason why that doesn't work anymore.
Is there a single person that uses dolphin? If there's a few people that use it regularly, and aren't terrible, then i'm definitely buying a GC to PC adapter

@ weon-x

i find it in bad taste to educate someone on how to beat one specific player based on his flaws personally. kinda lame. people have good peach advice here though

just remember how much faster you are than peach, and how you can shoot as many lasers as you want without her doing ANYTHING about it, it's basically like the gayer you're willing to play, the more unbalanced this matchup is for you.

that and always be prepared to uthrow uair or waveshine usmash her when the percent is right. ALWAYS! no loss in a free kill immediately when it's possible.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
also i find it in bad taste to educate someone on how to beat one specific player based on his flaws personally. kinda lame. people have good peach advice here though
I don't understand why you have this mentality.

This is a trend in literally EVERY other sport and game. People come up with certain tactics/defenses to defeat specific teams and player in every other form of head-to-head competition on the planet. I don't see why melee should be different.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dolphin desyncs cuz it doesn't sync the RAM being used. if you get a misfire with Luigi for example it may or may not stay synced.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I don't understand why you have this mentality.

This is a trend in literally EVERY other sport and game. People come up with certain tactics/defenses to defeat specific teams and player in every other form of head-to-head competition on the planet. I don't see why melee should be different.
I find this more acceptable in the highest level of play..but that's about it.

i don't see the point in it, it actually favors players who get less recordings in, as people can't sit there and analyze your flaws as easily.

i dunno to me it takes away from the aspect of the players analyzing the match, and adapting..instead you're aware of your opponents mistakes before the match has even started.

it's also unbalanced as some people have more videos, or NONE, and then if more people are aware of vwins, they can list more of his flaws, i bet less people know weon's flaws..

Dolphin desyncs cuz it doesn't sync the RAM being used. if you get a misfire with Luigi for example it may or may not stay synced.
ahh, is this a permanent problem? in other words not worth it?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think in the long run, the game would progress if studying your opponent became an acceptable habit. It would force people to acknowledge their weaknesses and constantly adapt and change or be exploited. And the reason some people have more vids than others is because they make it frther into brackets and are (probably) better. If you're better, your playstyle deserves to be exploited by others so that they can get on your level, forcing you to once again change yourself to improve. You could even bait people into thinking you have certain habits due to your vids, then completely flip the script on them in tourny cuz you're ahead of the curb.

Its pretty much an Ender's Game scenario, if you've ever read that book.
I would support a community were "researching" your opponent was the norm.

weon - X

Smash Ace
thats an intresting point of view trahhh but i cant really agree with it, its not like i wanna take advantage of vwins' personal flaws lol i just wanna know how he plays, hes been asking who i would go against him, what ever i can understand him 100% an im not offended or anything, this is competitive gaming :). jpobs u da man.

winston i play marth and fox. id say marth is a secondary tho but ive been putting work on him also.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i don't think the recording bit is true at all, lovage actually made fun of that concept recently, something like 'whoever has the most recordings is the best' sarcastically.

there's so many matches compared to how many are recorded, there's no way in hell that concept is true, are you implying the more recordings you have up, the better you are?

i dunno i don't see this convo going very far, it's definitely personal opinion, and no1 is planning on stopping anyone from doing it, so yeah.

i'm all for researching your opponents character, or seeing what type of player they are [campy/aggro/whatever], but i'm not interested in nitpicking tiny details like "oh after he fairs he does this" or "he likes to roll this way after getting dair'd"

also i really have no interest in comparing us to another fighting game community [involving gameplay], as we are so vastly different from those games, this discussion doesn't even work on the same level.

i just wanna know how he plays
see i'm cool with that, it's just stuff like what i listed above that seems to..."anal".

Top Bottom