• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
hi, im sort of a begginer (atleast in comparison to most people here), but i was wondering if i could get some advice on what to start practicing.

heres what i already do know (please note that ima noob):
- shffling (nair, bair so far)
- L-canceling 80% of the time (i really have trouble with the drill kick)
- shine spike (not that good at it yet)
- waveshine (best was a 4 consecutive waveshine)
- M2K angle recovery with firefox
- the champ combo (dash attack-> up tilt -> uair)
- shl
- JC grab's (probably my favorite thing)
- teching (but i only do it 40% of the time, which i understand is really bad)
- edgeguard and edgehog
- shine cancelled up smash (not sure how to use it yet :/ )
- Shield grabbing

i think i got everything i know, so yeah id appreciate it if you guys could tell me what i should learn and or practice next. (i can take critiscism)
Practice shining OoS.
Practice thunders combo (Shine>WD>Jab)
Practice changrabbing anoher fox or Falco.
Shinegrabs are good.
Yeah work more on your waveshining.
You sound like you have a lot of stuff down already though. Keep it up!

EWC

Smash Ace
I really like fighting peaches. Then again I only have peaches who are worse than me, so it's ez

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I used to hate fighting her back in 09 cuz i always thought of her as a non competitive character but now I appreciate her abilities.

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
use lube. I've solved that problem with other people's controllers like that.

I also cleaned out Jpob's controller the night before RoM3, and that fixed his sticky problem. Their controllers were all purple or black though.
this did the trick. i kinda just randomly sprayed it on the triggers once i opened up the controller though. was there a specific spot i should have aimed for?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
this did the trick. i kinda just randomly sprayed it on the triggers once i opened up the controller though. was there a specific spot i should have aimed for?
just hit that crease. mostly just the top and bottom and u should be coo, sounds like its fixed so u probably hit the right spot.

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

unknown522

Some guy
ya i went thru a phase of haaaating peach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYXoGiHK_io&feature=related LOL)

but i got way better at the matchup by losing or barely winning a ****load and now i think it's really not that bad, and it's actually one of my better matchups probably
I think I'm pretty good at the matchup, but I still hate fighting her. Since she has a low technical requirement, it can be a pain in the *** in a split second.

not sure actually. I put a bit on a tissue, then rubbed it on the trigger.

Truer words never spoken.
ugh.

Also, I had a training session with Raynex today, but we were both using his new controllers to start breaking them in, so he wasn't playing like himself sometimes. Still, I wish we recorded some of the combos we did....damn.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Does anyone here know about fixing the issue where the control stick will still hold a direction until you reset it to neutral? My controller is pretty weird, as it's had issues in the past (both with the control stick doing that, and the L button sticking) that literally just went away over time somehow... >_>

Brookman

Smash Hero
if you can open it up and examine the control stick it should be pretty easy to spot the flaw. May want to test on a dud first, tho.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
My controller tilts to the left so I tend to aerial in place when I'm try to attack on the opposite side.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Should be fairly obvious? Ok I'll probably give it a try, I haven't toyed around with controllers much so using another one as practice would definitely be a good idea >_>

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
what does it look like brookman, cuz I don't think u you know.

its possibly in the wires, maybe a blockage or delay. I know when I broke a wire on my c stick it tilted hard in 1 direction.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't have much experience with technicalities but I have cracked open and fixed plenty of controllers. ******.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
^ maybe that.

But also because I think he thought Hax was going to try to wake hbox up instead of just shielding. 1 frame shine > 7 frame upsmash to prevent the oppotunity from being lost

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Well upsmash also has more range, so you can do it significantly earlier than the shine to make up for its speed, but oh well not the point. If you have a running start waveshine upsmash is probably pretty reliable, but you might as well shine JC upsmash in those scenarios. Also, I'm not sure how often you'll really land a running shine, when you should really just be looking for bairs/grabs/upsmashes, but if you get it go for it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if they do a getup and it clanks u recover faster because shine is the weaker move. then up smash might catch them.

either way shining first seems safer.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
You can't do a getup from rest...I don't see how shining them is safer when they could just tech the shine and get out of it for free.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Melee is about doing cool ****.

What are your opinions on drillshining characters that don't fall from the shine?

I feel like it's pretty ****, but probably too hard to consistently do against better players that smash DI.

what stelzig and oscar said.

waveshine usmash is very reliable from a dash on people who fall from shine. i did it so i wouldnt be all up in haxs ****.

edit: when i say very reliable, i mean if used very sparingly lol.

Top Bottom