• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't recall him doing that. But he shield drop baired me like 3 times lol. Our set was really tight, I feel like I should've won, but obviously not, cause I lost. :awesome: Just have to get more consistent.

Brookman

Smash Hero
maybe falco isn't actually your best match up and you just need to readdress your expectations when you face new/better players.

are there vids????

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't think anything was recorded, cause chain-ace couldn't make it, and he usually records everything :)

Falco definitely wasn't my best match up that set lol

I always think I have the ability to win, and try to win no matter who it is, but I don't think like "oh its falco, I am going to win because I only play against a falco out of tournament" that is dumb. I just have a lot of falco experience, I am fairly confident in that match up..just not yesterday.

@Wenbo, I am learning peach just in case my fox self-destructs :awesome:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I dunno about the "spaced" part either, but here's some examples that I was thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZwVzCYHhv0

@ 0:10 - After he hit you with the laser
@ 1:22 - Kinda, even though it wasn't JC'd. He also missed
@ 1:54 - again after a laser

he didn't do it at all game 2 though.

Also, another thing: I usually call it jumping-shine when we talk in person, but I think it's pretty much the same thing. I'll show you the next time we play falco dittos, or falco vs fox.
I JC shine in the same way when I play Falco. The examples you gave are what I had understood it to be up until this point. What Sveet was talking about was grounded JC shines, that's what sent me reeling.

unknown522

Some guy
I JC shine in the same way when I play Falco. The examples you gave are what I had understood it to be up until this point. What Sveet was talking about was grounded JC shines, that's what sent me reeling.
ooh, I never really use the grounded ones.

Just like jump-ins and ****.

sylbot

Smash Rookie
Hey what is the method you guys use for jc shines/ multishining. I can't get the hang of it. I am always a wee bit above the ground when I press y to b.

:phone:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Everytime you wavedash its easy to airdodge too, but that doesn't stop us ^_^

Yeah its easy to up-b, but i mean... thats not what you think about when you learn techniques, because you should be doing them correctly. That said, its also not really *that* hard to avoid up-bing; it doesn't happen to me too often.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Wouldn't that make it easy to accidentally up-b?
i guess if you can't do it properly yet, i double shine to bair and **** like that all the time, rarely ever up-b

i also shine OOS with the up-down-up method and have like 80-90% consistency

in other news
i got to play toph in some falco dittos/few other matchups at evo this weekend, was fun

oh and i also lost to BROLY in the melee side tournament at evo, definitely shouldn't have happened but w/e

EWC

Smash Ace
It's not that hard to JC shine by kinda sliding your thumb from y to b.

On a related note, I was randomly practicing today and did like 20 JC shines in a row. Felt like 2008 again...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
the more i play this character, the more i feel that thunder's combo is pretty mediocre outside of mixups and at 0-15 or so vs another fox

falco gets out of it so easily -___-

still tech chasable but that's frustrating

Hey what is the method you guys use for jc shines/ multishining. I can't get the hang of it. I am always a wee bit above the ground when I press y to b.

:phone:
press B, lift from B to X/Y, slide from X/Y to B, repeat. if you just try sliding back and forth it wont really work. also, pressing A while sliding over it doesnt really do anything in this situation, so try it without worrying about pressing A.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what are the falcos you guys are playing doing to get out of thunders so much? SDI'ing?

i havent really played competitive melee in like 5 months so if falcos are now consistently getting out of thunders, i'm scared to go back...

sylbot

Smash Rookie
press B, lift from B to X/Y, slide from X/Y to B, repeat. if you just try sliding back and forth it wont really work. also, pressing A while sliding over it doesnt really do anything in this situation, so try it without worrying about pressing A.
oh so that was the problem, i was so conscious of hitting A that the process was far too slow, now I can finally do it with decent consistency. Thanks a lot.
although I am at about half the full speed.

oh so that was the problem, i was so conscious of hitting A that the process was far too slow, now I can finally do it with decent consistency. Thanks a lot.
although I am at about half the full speed.
yeah i felt like that too. just try practicing it with falco first to get the motion down.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
who here can drill waveshine consistently against peach/falcon? I find it hard to do but I find it easy to do on Marth cause I'm used to the spacing. I find that I have to drill in place after the waveshine to repeat the process again. At the same time a Falcon/peach can shield your drill at that point.

Discuss.

Palpi

Smash Hero
who here can drill waveshine consistently against peach/falcon? I find it hard to do but I find it easy to do on Marth cause I'm used to the spacing. I find that I have to drill in place after the waveshine to repeat the process again. At the same time a Falcon/peach can shield your drill at that point.

Discuss.
I CAN!

/end discussion

Top Bottom