• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
tell us about your job.
no seriosuly. wtf do you do at MR SHINE
Its a car wash. I'm the manager. I have a Mr. Shine t-shirt. sex?

basically its not a good thing to jump out everytime to edgeguard.
Only do it if you think it will myke your enemy nervous enough to recover stupidly
OR if recovers the same way very often.
IE if a Falco always waits then tries to sweetspot the ledge with DJ+sideB

If you already jumped out you can try to shine him out of his firefox, it's not thath hard.

And no, you can always spotdodge to avoid a drillgrab, i think

And for the height thingy: yeah just get a feeling for it.
If you space your aerial you can also start it very early without getting shieldgrabbed
drillgrab is inescapable if you do it perfectly iirc.

what do you mean by space the aerial...do i have to be farther out from fox/falco to avoid getting shieldgrabbed? i didn't think you could space a dair out of shieldgrab range.

I was also wondering what happens when you hit a shield, i know you take hitstun frames in which you can't move, which also slows your fall.

However, during the slowed fall, do your dair hits keep coming during the hitstun or do they pause?

because if they keep going then i can't hit the top of a shield too early or i won't have any dair hit right before touching the ground.

Anywyas, i have much higher accuracy avoiding a shieldgrab the closer i am to the ground when i start the dair, that's why i was wondering if i was doing something wrong.
The dair continues to hit the shield as it slows your descent. Falcinho is right though, Nair/Bair deal more shield stun after you have hit the ground - so use those on shield instead.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Its a car wash. I'm the manager. I have a Mr. Shine t-shirt. sex?

drillgrab is inescapable if you do it perfectly iirc.

The dair continues to hit the shield as it slows your descent. Falcinho is right though, Nair/Bair deal more shield stun after you have hit the ground - so use those on shield instead.

Well, often when you fastfall a dair you can't be certain whether they are going to be in shield..you're gambling that you'll hit and that they won't dodge or shield in time since it's fast...but still, if i always wait till right before i hit the ground to start the dair i should always avoid getting grabbed and in exchange just lose a few percent when i do hit the opponent (which doesn't usually matter since most of the damage comes from the grab anyways).

Tero.

Smash Champion
Walked outside into the rain
Checked my phone and saw you rang and I ...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nair shine pressure is lalalalalalala

But drill is useful/sexual/awesome for shield-stabbing with its stabby shield stab stabbing power.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
my shoulder button for my good fox controller sticks. sometime my character will stay in its light shield any ideas on how i can fix that? i figured the fox boards would know about how to take apart and fix controllers you tech freaks LOL. i don't think i already asked this.. did i?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You asked in the ct thread... lol...

My L button did the same thing -- I was worried the spring was going because it's so broken in -- but after I applied a little oil between the top of the button and the controller, it worked perfectly.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
my shoulder button for my good fox controller sticks. sometime my character will stay in its light shield any ideas on how i can fix that? i figured the fox boards would know about how to take apart and fix controllers you tech freaks LOL. i don't think i already asked this.. did i?
It involves a specific thread that I can't find right now, and a type of screwdriver called a "TRI-WING Screwdriver". It fits with the screws on the back of the controller. Down here we open up our controllers all the time. You'd be surprised at how cleaning out the dust inside helps its responsiveness.

brickman

Smash Lord
Ask AoB. We've taken apart a lot of controllers this year, I think what it pretty much involves is one of those fancy screwdrivers and removing the spring. But again, ask him.

And Rayn, thank you for the correction.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
It's pretty straight forward what you have to fix when you open it. You can get the screwdriver at most major hardware stores it's called a tri-wing. and if you can't find it a good ol' american tiny flathead can do the job to.

The little slider thing for the L/R on the backside of the electric piece gets sticky.

how are you suppose to play on green greens? tips nd stuff.

also is it good vs falco.
Edit: I misread it.

Just vertical kills, and camp the ground on the side platforms if you wanna be gay.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I've done that stuff alot.
What you do is that you find another controller with a good shoulder button. Then you open up both and just switch all the pieces for the trigger button(s) so that your fox controller gets the trigger button(s) from the other controller. (The easiest way to do this is to just replace the entire back part of the controller)
BUT this doesn't always help, cuz it might be certain parts of the electronical parts of the controller that are worn out. If replacing the trigger buttons doesn't help there's still stuff you can do though (with the electronical parts). But just try replacing them first it usually helps

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Is there any point to Fox's uthrow shine WD usmash on fast-fallers?

The extra 5 percent and brownie points doesn't count.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
shine-bair deaths happen to the best of us, don't worry. Alot of the time though, being patient and just waiting is better then trying to spam tech skill. If you find yourself shine->bair'ing' ALOT, just try to cool it down a bit.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol. i know, but i'm trying to be serious.

If you guys want to be good...and I mean REAL good - you need to stop being greedy. All jokes aside:

you don't see pc, m2k and other good Foxes jumping out without a plan and shine-bairing do you? I'm telling you; if you knock them off and just wait - a better/safer option will present itself.

(usually in the form of an edge-hog bair or shinespike.

Top Bottom