• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Beats Fox!!

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ive tried to start doubleshining when i hit shields. i end up leaving the ground with almost 100% consistency and then there was no point to it :(

D1

Banned via Administration

Nah, I played him last Monday and he said he thinks Falco is better now(not from playing me though :() :laugh:

What a liar. We had a convo in front of the bathroom at the No Johns venue yesterday, and he said Fox is better. Maybe he was salty cuz he lost to Chopz the weekend before.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Fox is better, falcos just BS at the matchup. xD

Fox is better at CP stages and overall and in doubles.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i think its just that its easier to combo fox with falco than it is to combo falco with fox.
so gettin off in that match-up at not as high level play is easier for falco.

or atleast i find falco easier comboing fox.. but i main falco.. and not really much of a fox

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I agree, falco comboing fox is easier than fox comboing falco. I meant in general, that falco doesn't necessary combo everyone else better than fox.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah i agree. falco getting off like a monster is just a hell of a lot more obvious than fox in most cases.
but fox is still pretty ruthless when it comes to comboing everyone.

whos better at comboing sheik?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Good question. I'd say fox but it could be easily be falco, but then again people DI pretty well against falco's shine these days and it seems like falco's shine combos are harder to follow up against some characters. Just my 2 cents.

D1

Banned via Administration
DEHF aka Larry (the same **** Brawl Falco) got off on Lucky at the 2GG event Falco vs. Fox.

God**** such a hard matchup for Fox.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think people underestimate fox's combos on falco. they can be just as brutal if not more so.

any grab or knockdown should lead to massive damage.

Lovage

Smash Hero
the problem is that fox's combos on falco are 10000x harder to execute consistently because they require super tight reaction times on your tech chasing.

where as falco combos are super easy just get a cc shine into some stuff and then dair onto platform and then do a super easy tech chase dair/utilt/grab/bair on the platform and then edgeguard (also super easy) EASY AS PIE

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Falco combos are mad easy compared to Fox

It's just like, do some dairs and ****

oh no get up attack shield

shine shine shine

dair a few more times

fsmash

Animal

Smash Lord
ya that is the bigger difference falcos easier to **** with. plain and simple. Just gotta be smartt

GOD!

Smash Ace
the problem is that fox's combos on falco are 10000x harder to execute consistently because they require super tight reaction times on your tech chasing.

where as falco combos are super easy just get a cc shine into some stuff and then dair onto platform and then do a super easy tech chase dair/utilt/grab/bair on the platform and then edgeguard (also super easy) EASY AS PIE
This is one of the best and truest posts I've ever read on smashboards.

Not **** riding or anything but that was amazing.

unknown522

Some guy

THANK YOU!!

Someone finally gets it.

not to mention that falco hits fox much easier, on top of having easier/better combos (and better setups).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco doesn't necessarily combo better...
idk Falco can like dair shine to 40 then u-tilt and do a big launch combo or shine around on platforms for a big platform tech chase combo with u-tilts thrown in or dair them into the ground and force tech chases that he can react to and hit (if we're saying fox can, idk, i think it's fair to say falco can too) and he can start his combos from defensive positions easy because of cc shine really easily.

Lovage

Smash Hero
man you guys are acting like the falcon boards up in here.
LOL

yea i kinda grimaced while i wrote my last post, i dont want to be a whiny ***** when i'm playing the best character in the game lol

just gets kinda annoying when people think fox is perfect and don't realize that he does have (some) weaknesses.

but w/e

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Here i thought fox had really good auto combos on falco like uthrow->usmash/uair depending on percent which eventually is a kill combo, the 2nd best speed in the game for tech chasing, one of the best edge guards on falco, chaingrabs, ect.

TBH i think fox can stay on falco's *** better after a hit than falco can do to fox. If you SDI the shine or dair you're pretty much out of the combo. Even regular DI will get you to the point where you get a few choices in. With fox if you get a shine on falco his choices are do a getup attack or choose between one of a few laggy standup animations. You chase him down and hit him a few times and he is either off the stage or back on the ground.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
With fox if you get a shine on falco his choices are do a getup attack or choose between one of a few laggy standup animations. You chase him down and hit him a few times and he is either off the stage or back on the ground.
You forget teching the shine, in which case falco has tons of options to get out.
Hard to execute != bad character

True, but it means hard to play, literally impossible to play at max potential.
Falco can execute very consistently with waveshine/pillar/tech chase/utilt combos/laser combos, whereas fox must not only be solid on the inputs but also be fast enough to hit tightly timed tech chase grabs, usmashes, DI reads during combos, etc

Top Bottom