• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well that's not true, PS2 had the Eyetoy before Wii came out

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
anyways Microsoft only thing that i found intriguing was project natal the rest of the games besides FF13 were just sequels that really didnt catch my attention

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well that's not true, PS2 had the Eyetoy before Wii came out
If we want to get into technicalities, Nintendo came out with the Powerglove first.

What the wii did though was made a motion controller a standard. Eyetoy didn't succefully do that.

Although Microsoft does seem to be recieving more ideas from the eyetoy than the wii. I wonder if it has to do with all the waggle hating?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I dont see what Nnty could do to show up Micro though. They are too much of a one trick pony to be shocking
Well, it's all about software this year aparently.

And there's been a nice Mario rumor going around.

I'll be honest, all they would have to do, IMO, is announce Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby wii, and impress me with Red Steel 2, all to be released between now and E3 2010, and I would consider it a tie.

What can I say? I love Nintendo games. I don't really like Xbox games that much though, so all things considered, while I recognize a lot of impressive announcements occured, many of them were simply not all that impressive to me. Final Fantasy XIII isn't on my list because I wasn't driven enough to finish Final Fantasy VII, but the metal gear game is promising.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the interesting one to me. I love action adventure games and the Kingdom Hearts combat system, so it should be fun.

Metal Gear Raiden (probably not the actualy name) - haven't played a Metal Gear before, but I can't wait to try it out.

Deception

Smash Ace
Well, I would say Microsoft didn't really impress me, nor did Natal. FFXIII info was nice, but I'm buying that for my PS3, so it doesn't convince me to buy a 360.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That was rediculously awesome.

No release date and no actually games really kills my excitement though.

It also looks exhausting - much moreso than the wii. That racing game needs a peripheral - a wheel of some sort. It just does - I can't hold my hands steady enough without one.

My problem is that I can't get excited for anything coming more than a year from now, and have trouble getting excited for anything coming out after Christmas. I make a point of not thinking that far in advanced because anticipation is a real killer. This press conference would be unmatchable if and only if the Natal project was announced for December of this year.

Which is exactly why I view the Motion plus as currently better - It's not as good, but it comes out imminently.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that video was very remiscent of the original Wiimote trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVRKaEwO5M

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Watching the EA conferance now, waiting for Old Republic and Mass Effect 2 stuff.

But they start with My Little Petshop

Puddin

Smash Lord
Anyone else feel a bit bad that Valve cares more to announce a sequel to a game that hasn't even been out a year, then to give any info on HL2: Episode 3?

I've seen way too many L4D2 rage forums around the internet, I wonder how quickly Valve will figure out how much everyone hates them for doing this...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Mass Effect 2 got about 30 seconds of dialogue then a trailer that's 60% what we've seen before :mad:

Puddin

Smash Lord
Looks like something I wouldn't buy because of the lack of games. Oops, sorry Sony.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Mass Effect 2 got about 30 seconds of dialogue then a trailer that's 60% what we've seen before :mad:
I know, I wanna ****ing die. At least we saw Joker(Which I never gave a **** about until the ending of ME1) and we definitely know the Normandy tastes pain.

I hope this isn't all. Otherwise I'll be a very disappointed camper.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Fingers crossed for Nintendo, at the very least we get No More Heroes 2 but chances are we get Cammie and Wii Sports Resort. Yay, puppies. I wonder where Firus is for all this.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
they did a nice job on CG trailer for SWTOR lets see how well they well develop this MMORPG if they even think about competing with WoW they are gonna have to think balance gameplay and thank they have already noticed that Realism graphics isnt the way to go. What WoW brings is that its playable on most PCs because of requirements which SWTOR is gonna have to do in order to compete in the MMORPG genre against WoW

<---- is a WoW player but is intrigued about SWTOR and how it will compare

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was hoping for more information on the gameplay and this "fourth pillar" they keep on talking about. They've only dropped hints about it or vague ideas, I wanted to see some details or the game in action.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why does this start around 1 PM around where I live... now I'm going to have to miss work to see it, even if they did have an encore presentation. =/

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Sorry for the stretch, Im on my friend's laptop, with ****ty wireless; and there's no photoshop for me to work my quick ownage (too lazy to resize in paint)

___

But yeah, went to Microsoft's press conference today. Pretty interesting **** went down.

I would talk about what all happened, but if you really care, you probably have seen all the tweets and whatnot already. Info travels like wildfire. I might be able to get into nintendo's press con on a long offshoot 2morrow, I'm not specifically too interested. Uuuuummm.

This makes me laugh everytime I roll by. It's down the street. I have a few more pics of stuff around the area. They had FF13 at the press con, previewed Odin (i have a pic, dont feel like uploading right now). Im hoping to get a better one 2morrow during the actual e3, but it is what it is. I've seen it, that's good enough for me. >: )

I also have some pics from the press conference, but considering where I was sitting (extreme back row, I'll talk about it when I get home and get the time), I didnt really get too great of quality of pictures. I dont exactly care, I think I'll get better pictures 2morrow, I have a low tier camera. I mean I'm seeing the stuff so that's good for me, pictures are more for other people. >: )

Here's a pic from the press conference. Kojima after he "snuck out" for the MGS announcement. Yeah, MGS is coming to 360, first installment is going to be MGS Rising, featuring Raiden (probably not the ***** a*s raiden from MGS2).

Umm, I've already taken 160 pics, still have 1100+ more to go on my camera, but I dont think I'll be taking long range shots.

Other highlights from the press con that I care to quickly "blog" about. (In order that I kinda remember)

1) Beatles Rockband .... oof.
2) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - f**k yeah. (Might be time to retire from melee for good) XD
3) Splinter Cell Conviction - Splinter cell never really caught my eye before today. I just got a haymaker.
4) Left 4 Dead 2 - a.k.a. "N**gers Strike Back" double lol
5) Project Natal - everything the Wii SHOULD be (seriously. If Project Natal is a success, Wii will be shakin in their boots)
6) Facebook and Twitter on XBL - ......

7) Crackdown 2 - ok
8) Alan Wake - Never heard of it, but I'm very interested in it.

There were some other things, I might talk about them more when I do a more complete writeup..... if I remember them.

Dogysamich out.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I actually wanted to see the 'Big weapons' for ME2 in action as well. Perhaps some of the biotic powers shown in the E3 prelude trailer.(as vague as it was)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I expect Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers at the conference tomorrow. It just got beefed up a **** ton.

The Conduit, Gladiator A.D and the Grinder should be there tomorrow too. Since L4D2 has melee weapons, I want to see how The Grinder will stack up. They got a Japanese assassin for heavens sake.

Ubi**** will have the usual with games ending with the letter Z.

Ubisoft will no doubt showcase Red Steel 2

Nintendo will be heaven or Hell. We could get kick *** games, or more Cammie Dunaway ****.

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Fingers crossed for Nintendo, at the very least we get No More Heroes 2 but chances are we get Cammie and Wii Sports Resort. Yay, puppies. I wonder where Firus is for all this.
Don't worry, I'll be waiting to watch that and loudly yell at the screen when Cammie comes on, then cheering when she leaves.

*Still praying for her to fall off the stage and break her neck*

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
The Natal looks awsome. Really something I didn't expect from Moneysoft. However, I see it sorta weird when it come to certain games that would be effected by it if it were to ever have them. Like FPSs.

I don't see this being a Wiimote killer one bit as a lot have said on certain sites. They are quite different considering the Wiimote is a controller and the Natal captures full motion movement everywhere. It's more like a really really advanced eyetoy.

I really can't wait for Nintendo and Sony to get their turns. This E3 is truly one for the ages.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I know it's nothing but I'm not crazy about the project name 'natal' I know it means birth but whenever I hear it I think of pre-natal lice for some reason :/

And wow L4D2 is coming pretty **** quick.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah it sort of killls the hype for L4D...Which i have yet to play anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom