• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh man that's old news, but still ridiculous. Actually I think I saw a picture of that over at /v/ (yes 4chan,) it looked kind of like a light saber with the two spheres at the end.

Mic, have you seen the L4D thread? Apparently the Witch walks around now, which completely contradicts her "Hey I think I hear a survivor" trick, it's totally pointless.

Now the PS3 and Xbox 360 are trying to be like the Wii, and with a result massive fan backlash.
The biggest issue with Sony and Microsoft trying to be Nintendo is that they have already both set up their current consoles (PS3, 360) as being extremely dedicated to the Hardcore, while Nintendo has pretty much made it clear since the beginning that the Wii is made for soccer moms and your Grandmother.

Basically, Nintendo fans already have already been trained to deal with the disappointment of casual games that don't have their favorite cap bearing Italian, so Sony and Microsoft fans are going to have a harder time adjusting to the Shovelware. That is Nintendo's marketing strategy

tirkaro

Smash Champion
WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ
Ubisoft's conference was over a while ago.

I'm expecting a megaton of balls-drying awesomeness from nintendo to make up for last year.
something like, WII HD AND F-ZERO WII WITH ONLINE AND FORZA-3 LEVEL CUSTOMIZATION, BUT MOSTLY WII HD.

Crap, mom ate the rest of the chocolate covered raisins, looks like I'm gonna have to resort to PBnJ to get myself hurling again. C'mon, I CAN'T miss this!

M.K

Level 55
Ubisoft's conference was over a while ago.

I'm expecting a megaton of balls-drying awesomeness from nintendo to make up for last year.
something like, WII HD AND F-ZERO WII WITH ONLINE AND FORZA-3 LEVEL CUSTOMIZATION, BUT MOSTLY WII HD.

Crap, mom ate the rest of the chocolate covered raisins, looks like I'm gonna have to resort to PBnJ to get myself hurling again. C'mon, I CAN'T miss this!
Wait, I totally missed it and I have no intention of using a search engine to find the information for myself because I am uber, UBER lazy. Like, f'real lazy.
So I'll ask this.
What exactly happened at Ubisoft's conference that made them society's joke?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Maybe the new pokemon game for the DS will be there.
Maybe.
There wouldn't be much to reveal, we already know about the Gold and Silver remakes so that makes pretty much any other Pokemon news that have irrelevant to our interests.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
There wouldn't be much to reveal, we already know about the Gold and Silver remakes so that makes pretty much any other Pokemon news that have irrelevant to our interests.
I mean if they showed a trailer or something.
But what they need to do is make a pokemon game on the Wii like Pokemon D&P.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
While the natal thing looks pretty nifty I'm not sure how well it will work for a lot of games, I don't want to have to stomp on the spot to move in games, and what about turning in a first person game? As neat as it looks I can't see it becoming the standard.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Not that impressed at all.

Natal? Buffed Eyetoy.

That Milo thing? Hey you, Pikachu + camera
... Yes the Eye Toy and Natal are both camera accessories, but they are very very different. Did you watch the game demos Microsoft showcased? Not being excited for it is one thing, but saying it isn't impressive is another. It's really incredible technology. Yeah, we have to wait and see how well it'll be utilized in games, but saying it isn't impressive is ridiculous.

And did you really just compare Milo to Hey You, Pikachu?

M.K

Level 55
Maybe the new pokemon game for the DS will be there.
Maybe.
Nope, sorry.
Pokémon titles don't debut at American press events and they certainly don't debut at American press events prior to their release in Japan.
Heart Gold and Soul Silver will have no presence at E3, people. None. If Pokémon has any presence at the show, it'll be the new PMD and maybe a new spinoff title, contingent upon when and where it releases first; see below.

Nintendo debuts big-name titles at E3 when they're either going to release simultaneously worldwide or in North America first; case in point, Twilight Princess and Galaxy both made their world debuts at E3 (2004 and 2006, respectively).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
... Yes the Eye Toy and Natal are both camera accessories, but they are very very different. Did you watch the game demos Microsoft showcased? Not being excited for it is one thing, but saying it isn't impressive is another. It's really incredible technology. Yeah, we have to wait and see how well it'll be utilized in games, but saying it isn't impressive is ridiculous.

And did you really just compare Milo to Hey You, Pikachu?
I didn't say it wasn't impressive, I just said that I'm not impressed.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Nope, sorry.
Pokémon titles don't debut at American press events and they certainly don't debut at American press events prior to their release in Japan.
Heart Gold and Soul Silver will have no presence at E3, people. None. If Pokémon has any presence at the show, it'll be the new PMD and maybe a new spinoff title, contingent upon when and where it releases first; see below.

Nintendo debuts big-name titles at E3 when they're either going to release simultaneously worldwide or in North America first; case in point, Twilight Princess and Galaxy both made their world debuts at E3 (2004 and 2006, respectively).
Well that's up to Nintendo, but I see what you mean.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Natal was amazing. Too bad it will not be as fluid as it looks (just like how ****ty the wiimote is without its "motion plus". Even now I doubt it will work as fluently as it should)

James Cameron got me mad hyped about avatar..... AND THEN HE DIDNT SHOW ANYTHING!!! WTF WAS THAT?

Ruse looked cool, but I dont get it. They want to sell us a table?

Ubisoft was sooooooo casual its rediculous. Splinter Cell looked interesting, but I dont like the marked execution thing. That things been in so many games, and it seems like it makes killing too easy.

So earlier somebody mentioned new monkey island games..... I still cant confirm it......
You remember what I said it you made that up right.....

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think he is just not getting his hopes up. Nintendo is, largely, a shell of what it used to be. Even if Zelda was announced, I can see it being dumbed down for mass market appeal. Time and time again Nintendo has catered to the "core gamers," only to have very little return in sales, so why not take their franchises and make THEM mass market items too?
Hahaha. Zelda has always been a dumbed down simple game. Don't kid your self.

As posted earlier, my thoughts about the Microsoft conferance.

About the motion sensor.

If you remember, when they show Wii commercials, they would doge behind couches, though that couldn't really happen in the game. Honestly, this does nothing but make room for a bunch of silly minigames. The issue is the limited space in your living room. You don't have an expansive world to move around in. I'd like you to try to imagine this with Halo. Unless its a rail shooter, it simply wouldn't work.

Simply put, this would take major updates to be anything worth putting in a full fledged game, though I bet it be **** for Golf.

At the end of the day, this is the gaming equivalent of Wii Fit board + Wii motion plus without buttons + webcam. Its simply unusable.

All the Xbox conferance did was prove to me why I don't own an Xbox. I do not enjoy playing the same tired genras like FPS that haven't seen a real innovation since Half Life 1. And for the record, setting a game in modern time, that's not an innovation, nor is given an assassin the ability to swim. Putting Beatles in a Rock Band rip off and having Yoko Ono say, Its what John would have wanted is not an innovation. A Contra rip off with poor aiming controls is not an innovation. Alan Wake is the only non-flop I saw during that entire press conference, but has the potential to be
Sony and Nintendo at least show innovation. Microsoft is living off gamers who fill excluded by a new controller, games without any danger (Endless Ocean), and a 500 dollar price tag. Now they are attempting to take a piece of the casual market, and are likely to fail miserably at this attempt.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just so everybody knows, here are some links for tomorrows Nintendo/Sony events. All of them will show you the SAME event but it will just be through a different site. Microsofts event didnt work at first on the gamespot link but worked perfectly on the Ustream link, just try them all if one doesnt work.

Nintendo starts at 9am pacific time and sony starts at 11am pacific time. If by some reason you DO miss it, fear not. It will be saved and uploaded in HD on nearly ALL of the links below.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tombobblender

http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32009/pressconferences/

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I had an Idea...now this may sound stupid, but I like it.

Format for controls of a new Zelda Game:

Wiimote = Sword Control
Nunchuk = Shield Control.
A button = Enter fight mode.

You walk around normally, using the Analog stick on the Nun-Chuk to walk. When you press A, you draw your sword and hold up your shield. When you're not fighting, the Wiimote and Nunchuk function as his hands, working to help solve puzzles.

You will learn various techniques throughout the Journey. These will require different sequential movements of the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

And of course, there's an Option for using a GC controller, and controlling Link Normally.
Or, for those who don't want to use a GC controller, Classic controller support.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
No it isn't, 358/2 days is for DS. It was announced at least a year ago.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Kingdom Hearts game.
I'm pretty sure this is first leak, its for Wii by the way.
All I see there is 358/2 Days, which is for the DS.

If you're talking about KH and KH2 being brought to the Wii (which I see no evidence of in the screen you gave), that has been rumored for a little while now, so I wouldn't be surprised.

EDIT: Mini Mic and his ****ing ninjagility.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought it was pretty obvious just by the picture that it was for the DS, what with all the DS's in the booth.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
My eyes will be glued to the TV tomorrow.

Nintendo Press conference, laughing at Sony, E3 live broadcast(just wlaking around), and Steve Weibe and Donkey Kong.

Now, I dunno about all of you, but I'm hyped about the Donkey Kong thing.

I take high-scores Seriously, and with someone trying to beat a high score like THAT?

That's amazing...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I gave up halfway through. Let me know if they make a trailer minus the idiotic footage of the spaz' playing it.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I didn't like Red Steel 1, why would I like the sequel? XD.

*Ears droop* I'm hoping that, y'know, it won't suck for Nintendo. I'm pulling an All-Nighter to make sure that I'm awake to watch theirs. SO THERE BETTER BE SOMETHING GOOD.
It has better controls (I hope) this time.
It has WMP.

BTW: I think mic was talking about the guy playing..... 7-7

Darkslash

Smash Master
I didn't like Red Steel 1, why would I like the sequel? XD.

*Ears droop* I'm hoping that, y'know, it won't suck for Nintendo. I'm pulling an All-Nighter to make sure that I'm awake to watch theirs. SO THERE BETTER BE SOMETHING GOOD.
Lol go to the Red Steel 2 Thread, there's game play footage there.

This time it actually looks promising, and hands on say that it doesn't suck.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
BTW: I think mic was talking about the guy playing..... 7-7
Yeah. Seriosuly annoys the hell out of me where theres more footage of the person playing it in a craaazy zany way than the actual **** game.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Seriosuly annoys the hell out of me where theres more footage of the person playing it in a craaazy zany way than the actual **** game.
Deep.
Anyway, you gots ta lay off the guy. He just wants some fame. 0.o
*Blocks balls with hands* Yeah I said it, lol.

N4G.com has a lot of info on E3 now.

EDIT: MUST SEE!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Deep.
Anyway, you gots ta lay off the guy. He just wants some fame. 0.o
*Blocks balls with hands* Yeah I said it, lol.

N4G.com has a lot of info on E3 now.

EDIT: MUST SEE!
Hm, I wasn't expecting anything to be honest. But lately, it would seem that Nintendo is trying for the best E3 showing ever.

I have low expectations so that no one may ever fail to reach them, but I imagine that whatever Nintendo does will exceed expectations much greater than my own. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom