• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*in b4 people wrongly start hating on the French again thanks to Ubi's conference*

You know it's gonna happen.

But then again, considering what E3 actually stands for, we shouldn't be that pissed off talking about a film. Even if it's probably gonna be a bad movie. =/

And remember, this is UBISOFT. He was doing us a FAVOR by talking about his movie than their games. lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love how E3 has dwindled down to the BIG THREE. It's as if the name was meant for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

Anyways, what happened with Ubisoft?
*Still praying for her to fall off the stage and break her neck*
Oooh, harsh..

Can't you just wish that she gets booed off the stage? Breaking her neck would draw sympathy; getting booed off would ruin her image forever. Well... maybe not forever.

Look at Ashley Simpson.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well from what I gathered from other websites, for a good while they weren't talking about games but about some movie called Avatar (and it's not based on the Nick cartoon)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well from what I gathered from other websites, for a good while they weren't talking about games but about some movie called Avatar (and it's not based on the Nick cartoon)
Yeah, the movie that's based off of the Nicktoon is titled "The Last Airbender", and that may attribute to the fact that the movie "Avatar" is coming out soon also [and strangely enough].

Here's a link to an image from The Last Airbender:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3013707776/tt0938283

Let's hope it doesn't turn into a Dragonball: Evolutions.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The MS conference was neat overall, but nothing that made me want to go out and buy one. Oh well, maybe next year.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Unless they change the name of the 360 to PS3 I can't ever see you buying one, Eric.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The MS conference was neat overall, but nothing that made me want to go out and buy one. Oh well, maybe next year.
By that point, I think they should be announcing a new console. The 360 is reaching the age the XBOX was when the 360 was announced. Unless this generation lasts longer than all others. It does feel like this generation has a longer possible life. These consoles haven't really seen their top performance, I believe.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Unless they change the name of the 360 to PS3 I can't ever see you buying one, Eric.
I'm no fanboy. I own a custom PC, and that's where my gaming is first and foremost. Because of that, everything that would interest me on 360, I can play better (with mods) on PC.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I didn't think they could top the first Assassins creed trailer, but the way Ezio paid those street women (hookers lulz) to distract that guy then kill him while he was dancing, and you can do it all in the game as well. Too bad most of the Ubisoft conference was talking...

Don't worry, I'll be waiting to watch that and loudly yell at the screen when Cammie comes on, then cheering when she leaves.

*Still praying for her to fall off the stage and break her neck*
I wonder if Cammie could be more annoying than Ubisoft's president going on and on about Creativity and creating creators to create the creativeness that creates creative video games.

Oh wait, fans are out there this time? So E3 has open doors? **** I need to get myself to LA.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'm no fanboy. I own a custom PC, and that's where my gaming is first and foremost. Because of that, everything that would interest me on 360, I can play better (with mods) on PC.
You raise a good point actually, I feel the same way.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Speculation for Ninty begins! Is Sony going before Nintendo? I hope so, it gives me time to get home from Finals so I can catch the whole of it's disappointment. Look at me, being so pessimistic before the conference has even begun.

I'm hoping for some sort of Pikmin announcement, but I'm afraid it will just be a Wii Control revamp of Pikmin 2. Maybe some new Smash Bros? DS anyone? I'm so excited, it's like Christmas. I just hope we don't get any Cammie coal...

Deception

Smash Ace
Speculation for Ninty begins! Is Sony going before Nintendo? I hope so, it gives me time to get home from Finals so I can catch the whole of it's disappointment. Look at me, being so pessimistic before the conference has even begun.

I'm hoping for some sort of Pikmin announcement, but I'm afraid it will just be a Wii Control revamp of Pikmin 2. Maybe some new Smash Bros? DS anyone? I'm so excited, it's like Christmas. I just hope we don't get any Cammie coal...
Nintendo goes first. Cammy will be there, bet on it. Just hope she isn't there for long.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

Nintendo is at 9AM and Sony is at 11. That's Pacific, so 12 and 2, respectively. I will catch Nintendo's conference at work tomorrow since it's only an hour, and hopefully, try to catch Sony's as well. No idea who else is going after as the E3 site doesn't have it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Nintendo is at 9AM and Sony is at 11. That's Pacific, so 12 and 2, respectively. I will catch Nintendo's conference at work tomorrow since it's only an hour, and hopefully, try to catch Sony's as well. No idea who else is going after as the E3 site doesn't have it.
Darn, I'll still be taking finals. I guess I'll set my DVR to record it.

Also, I found a quote I'd like to share...

"The casual **** we saw today was just a bit of light rain. We get the full storm tomorrow."

I don't think I could stand another conference with Cammie in it...at least if she does get on stage we can tell if we need to simply change the channel early and not force ourselves to watch Wii Fit 2 being demonstrated hoping for some awesome finally that ends with Wii Music playing Mario tunes.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD
COME ON WII AYCH DEE.

Now, to eat a crapload of food tonight so I can have an upset stomach again in the morning. I'm not sure how many times I can pull it off in a row, but dammit stomach, don't let me down.

Puddin

Smash Lord
WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD WIIHD
COME ON WII AYCH DEE.

Now, to eat a crapload of food tonight so I can have an upset stomach again in the morning. I'm not sure how many times I can pull it off in a row, but dammit stomach, don't let me down.
Good, good, that way it will be easier to throw up when Cammie comes on stage and announces Wii Music 2 that comes bundled with Wii Fit 2, Cooking Mama, My Wii Pregnancy Test, and many more Wii language coaches.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Puddin

Smash Lord
Halloween, that was...way too long to read, you got a bit of a summary you could throw in there? I didn't read much, mostly just got that Hardcores and Casuals are split in their beliefs (nothing new) and that it's Nintendo's fault...

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL terminator

Red Steel 2 was the only interesting thing. The LONG Avatar thing, Pele's Soccer Hogwarts, and Splinter Cell AGAIN, make this boring.
I'm not even excited about Red Steel 2. I hated Red Steel. You get a thousand people shooting at you, and you have an awkward grip on a bad gun with fail motion controls and no swords until later levels :(.

and Nintendo's probably going to talk about how they're working on new motion controls on old games as they lazily wait for the 3rd party to create good games (which they never did before. They also never had shovelware).

Side Note: Am I the only person who would like to see a Kirby game for the Wii? Kirby and the Krystal shards for the N64 is still my favorite Kirby games. having it for a system allows much better levels, abilities (and being able to fuse them), and 2.5d (and no, making a new motion control for Air ride won't make up for it). of course, I would not mind a new StarFox or Donkey Kong.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Halloween, that was,,,waaay to long to read, you got a bit of a summary you could throw in there? I didn't read much, mostly just got that Hardcores and Casuals are split in their beliefs (nothing new) and that it's Nintendo's fault...
I can't do it justice as the malstrom articles are the abbreviated version, but I'll try.

Summary of the articles: Technology becomes better and better, always upscaling until it is beyond the limits of what the market can use. This happened with videogames for Microsoft and Sony. However, by targetting a new audience and giving up the old buisness practice of relying on improving technology, Nintendo disrupted the market, and thus the market strategies of Sony and Microsoft. Now Nintendo's product will work it's way up the market, like technology always does, until it's products eclipse Sony's and Microsoft's, and the two companies must either change their buisness strategies or become niche. This has been documented with the Honda BMW disrupting the Harley, the Ipod disrupting the satellite radio (which was going to disrupt normal radio), and the walkman disrupting the home radio. It's actually even documented in other industries, such as steel.

I am sorry that I cannot do the subject matter justice, but if you read the Malstrom articles, you will understand exactly what is happening with this generation of gaming and why.

I started with this one, personally: http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Overall the Microsoft conference seemed pretty solid. The Beatles Rock Band looks good (I'm not really into the Beatles, but if I was, I'd be stoked) as the graphics put Geetar Hero to a complete shame. Modern Warfare 2 looks really good (when he popped that radar thing out from the gun I **** bricks). Natal looks smooth (much more so than the Wiimote) but in my mind it's still a gimmick.

Also, I don't care about Metal Gear Rising, I wanted MGS4 for the 360. Ugh. Why do they hate m-

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

EDIT: Also, yeah, Halo, blah blah blah more milking the franchise blah blah.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Now that I think about it...how will Nintendo outcasualize Microsoft? And how will Sony one up Microsoft in the games department?

It's pretty close to impossible tbh.

So I'll just say...ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA FZERO FZERO STAR FOX STAR FOX MGS TRAILER

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I don't think Nintendo will have the worst conference even if they tried. Ubisoft seems to own that title right now.
QFT

James Cameron wasted a half an hour just babbling on about how awesome Avatar is and making it seem like the second coming of christ ,but in the end we didn't even get a trailer. FAIL!

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Ubisoft had some good stuff if you skipped the Avatar thing.

Rabbids go home was nothing new, and personally doesn't look all too interesting.
They confirmed they are publishing NMH2 so thats a plus
They had a demo fro Splinter Cell Conviction
They had a sweet Assasin's creed 2 trailer.
Other than that however Ubisofts wasn't all too great.

EA and Microsoft so far tie for best.
Microsoft put some great reveals out there, but EA had the new realtime worlds MMO, the amazing SW old republic trailer. And the Need for Speed looks good.
Can't say they didn't waste their time on the Littlest pet shop and charm girls games.

I think Nintendo's is actually gonna be pretty interesting, but I don't see too many big reveals for Sony, even though it should nonetheless be worth watching anyway.

M.K

Level 55
Please....just a glimpse of Pikmin 3 or F-Zero Wii.
That would excite me far more than anything else they might show.
I'm just so tired of this whole casual era, I mean, how long do we have to wait bef-WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ WII BABYZ

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ubisoft had some good stuff if you skipped the Avatar thing.

Rabbids go home was nothing new, and personally doesn't look all too interesting.
They confirmed they are publishing NMH2 so thats a plus
They had a demo fro Splinter Cell Conviction
They had a sweet Assasin's creed 2 trailer.
Other than that however Ubisofts wasn't all too great.

EA and Microsoft so far tie for best.
Microsoft put some great reveals out there, but EA had the new realtime worlds MMO, the amazing SW old republic trailer. And the Need for Speed looks good.
Can't say they didn't waste their time on the Littlest pet shop and charm girls games.

Thankfully I hope we don't see ubi**** at the Nintendo Conference. They already spent out on their own.

how will Nintendo outcasualize Microsoft
The thing is who is interested in this stuff? The only people going jizztastic on Milo are techies. And I even doubt it, it seems too scripted. Microsoft had to get some hands on some Military tech.

Also it seems like the perfect time for Nintendo to spring a trap.

But to be honest the ultimate troll move would be that they show that Wii Fit 2 is playing, then all of a sudden LINK KICKS THE Mii's *** AND STARTS KILLING ****.

Brix will be **** on that day.

There Will Be War

”Like the 16-bit War between Sega and Nintendo?” said the reader with hope.

Oh, no. This will be much more intense.
GENTLEMEN! I LOVE WAR!

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I'm hoping Nintendo learned from it's mistakes last year. If it didn't....ohhh boy.
Hopefully they reveal some of thier other franchises like Star Fox and F-Zero because a new Zelda and Mario would be great, but I think thier other series deserve a game.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Let me explain why i'm expecting a monumental Nintendo conference:

Iwata came out earlier this year to apologize about the casual games and promised a more hardcore wii coming up.

Nintendo has reserved space for a "Mainstream first party game" And according to how much space they have reserved, it's no Mario Party.

A Mario game has been confirmed to come out Q3- Q4 of this year. (finding the source now, I saw before confirmed on IGN, but i need to find the original source)

Nintendo says they want to start making their games have motion plus, good time for it.

Pikmen 3 has been confirmed.

They say a main Nintendo game will be showcased at E3

The Conduit, the Grinder, and Gladiator AD are a breath of hardcore fresh air.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Summary of the articles: Technology becomes better and better, always upscaling until it is beyond the limits of what the market can use. This happened with videogames for Microsoft and Sony. However, by targetting a new audience and giving up the old buisness practice of relying on improving technology, Nintendo disrupted the market, and thus the market strategies of Sony and Microsoft. Now Nintendo's product will work it's way up the market, like technology always does, until it's products eclipse Sony's and Microsoft's, and the two companies must either change their buisness strategies or become niche. This has been documented with the Honda BMW disrupting the Harley, the Ipod disrupting the satellite radio (which was going to disrupt normal radio), and the walkman disrupting the home radio. It's actually even documented in other industries, such as steel.

[/url]
Yeah alright, at least I recognized some of what you were saying from the article so I don't feel like a complete idiot. The whole thing sounds like Ninty is just sitting on a throne controlling Microsoft and Sony with strings, laughing the whole time.

With this in mind I can only imagine what gimmicky peripheral Sony is going to unveil tomorrow.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah alright, at least I recognized some of what you were saying from the article so I don't feel like a complete idiot. The whole thing sounds like Ninty is just sitting on a throne controlling Microsoft and Sony with strings, laughing the whole time.
:laugh: You could say that.

With this in mind I can only imagine what gimmicky peripheral Sony is going to unveil tomorrow.
http://kotaku.com/5071145/sony-patents-ultrasonic-waggle-controller-technology

Darkslash

Smash Master
Too be honest if you see how Sony and Microsoft are going all waggle recently that isn't as far fetched idea. Its like last gen. Sony kicked ***, so Nintendo tried to be like the PS2. The GC failed. Then the PS3 and Xbox 360 tried to be like their last gen counterparts and the Wii tried to be its self. Now the PS3 and Xbox 360 are trying to be like the Wii, and with a result massive fan backlash.

You can disprove this but its slowly coming true.

Then rinse, and repeat.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not that impressed at all.

Natal? Buffed Eyetoy.

That Milo thing? Hey you, Pikachu + camera

The only thing I'm interested in so far is Left 4 Dead 2, and even that I'm not thrilled with (seems more like it should be an expansion pack)

Back in my day....*grumble*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom