• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I know that the Wii Vitality Sensor was a stupid idea, but I was just thinking, what if a new eternal darkness was made with the Wii Vitality Sensor in mind? Instead of a in-game sanity meter, it would just run off of your actual heart rate.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Then again, we don't know exactly how the vitality sensor will work, so why knock it now? It could help to put you in the mood of a game, say, applying different pressures in a stealth game or something, or squeeze your finger to get the tension rising, signaling something is coming? Say in a Silent Hill game? That'll put you in the mood and give you nightmares!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Then again, we don't know exactly how the vitality sensor will work, so why knock it now? It could help to put you in the mood of a game, say, applying different pressures in a stealth game or something, or squeeze your finger to get the tension rising, signaling something is coming? Say in a Silent Hill game? That'll put you in the mood and give you nightmares!
It could do a lot of things, but I imagine no matter how it's applied it will be a gimmick in the end. I thought about how cool a lot of things could be on the Wii, but a lot of them turned out as rarely-used gimmicks.

Let's face it; the Vitality Sensor is meant for fitness, exercising, etc.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Will the Motion Plus be sold separately, or will I have to buy Motion Plus bundled with Wii Sports Resort, oops I mean Wii Sports Resort bundled with a Motion Plus in order to get it? I just saw a demo of it on G4 while they were showing off Red Steel 2, and it looked very impressive the way they turned the Katana to see the edges and whatnot.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Also, I will let you know if I play Assassins Creed II. I want to play too lol.

EDIT: Assassins creed II is playable, but you need to have Media access to play it.

My cousin just told me the gameplay is stealthier than the last one. It's over all control is much better, and the missions are more in depth. I'm envious right now. lol
One game i need to know about: The Grinder.

woah, sorry double post

Puddin

Smash Lord
Red steel will be bundles with WMP, so no worries if you want it for Red Steel 2
Well I wasn't really planning on gettin RS2, in fact I can't even figure out why they are making a sequel; the first one was a Wii release title, I guess it sold well enough to justify a sequel though.

It's mostly in case Miyamoto decides to make the new Zelda game fitted out for Motion Plus, he mentioned it at the round table that it would use Motion Plus if it [Motion Plus] sold well enough.

And for some reason I can't seem to think of the name of games that come out the same day as a new console...it's on the tip of my tongue...

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Well I wasn't really planning on gettin RS2, in fact I can't even figure out why they are making a sequel; the first one was a Wii release title, I guess it sold well enough to justify a sequel though.

It's mostly in case Miyamoto decides to make the new Zelda game fitted out for Motion Plus, he mentioned it at the round table that it would use Motion Plus if it [Motion Plus] sold well enough.

And for some reason I can't seem to think of the name of games that come out the same day as a new console...it's on the tip of my tongue...
He said it would definitely use it, and may use it exclusively.

Red Steel 2 is also in no way related to Red Steel, it looks pretty awesome, take your sword out any time and take some dude out then suddenly pull out your gun. And the first hands on demo's have seen rave reviews.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wii Motion Plus will also be sold separately, for $20. Read that in Nintendo Power.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Isn't an opinion a fact to someone?

Final Fantasy is overrated. To me, that is true. But to others, it's wrong. The opinion part comes in whether or not you agree.

But, I get your point.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

Final Fantasy is overrated. To me, that is true. But to others, it's wrong. The opinion part comes in whether or not you agree.

But, I get your point.
Opinions are qualitative, that is to say they are subjective. Facts are objective, that is to say independent of individual consciousness. Saying something is better than something else is opinion, not fact. Providing data showing something received a better review average is not open to interpretation like my personal belief.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Its both.

Some of them are completely underrated

*cough*FinalFantasyII*cough*

Some of them are so overrated that they only get rated high for Nostalgia.

Final Fantasy as a whole is torn in two. There are overrated and underrated games, and some of them in between.

Deception

Smash Ace

But, I get your point.
I love Final Fantasy to death, and I agree that it is overrated. Only about half the games in the main series are must-plays, the rest is an acquired taste.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
overrated? I actually loved every single Final Fantasy. except maybe dirge of cerebus...

but yeah, it seems nintendo is continuing to neglect the online aspect of their titles which is depressing.

they've been severely lackluster in that regard compared to microsoft/sony ever since the Gamecube days.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, off topic, but it comes down to the fact I hate most turn-based RPGs. I just cannot enjoy the gameplay, but Penny Arcade's combat system was awesome.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, off topic, but it comes down to the fact I hate most turn-based RPGs. I just cannot enjoy the gameplay, but Penny Arcade's combat system was awesome.
What about SRPGs like FFT, Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem or Disgaea? I don't like turn based RPGs much either but I find SRPGs strangely refreshing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My RPG enjoyment ends at Action RPGs. I love Oblivion, Morrowind, and games like it with leveling, and straight-forward combat, but anything that has a turn-based segment at all, kills it for me. I just can't get into the world. With Oblivion, when I played, if felt like I put a thick blanket around me and the computer, and I was in the world. It wasn't my character's eyes I was seeing through but my own. In a turn-based, I can't feel that way ever because as soon as I do, I have to stop, wait for my turn to attack, and repeat.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm kind of like this as well, except only with console games. I have no problem with turn-based handheld games, but as soon as it's on a tv screen or a computer, I lose a lot of interest.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I loved the star games that all the system's showed, I wish the talk wasn't very big but more game play of games on each of the systems. ♥

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
omg, speaking of which, where the **** is Episode 3? Penny-Arcade. Not Half-Life 2.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I just saw the trailer for the new Soul Calibur on the PSP, a smile went across my face.

I <3 E3 09, it brought me back.

[EDIT] Just had to add that Halo 3: ODST, The Last Gaurdian, FFXIII, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Star Wars: The Old Republic seem to be my current top 5.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Gentlemen, I present to you the infamous Zelda artwork presented at Miyamoto's roundtable

I got it from the Nintendo press site (username and password thanks to my bros)

The theory is that the girl behind Link is the spirit of the Master Sword, and that you will be switch her between this form and the Master Sword depending on the situation (say for combat or puzzles that require two people.)

Her head is the edge of the blade, the green jewel in her chest is on the tip of the handle (just before the blade begins,) the pattern on her legs matches that of the Master Sword's handle, the two yellow lines coming out of the jewel are the same as those extending from the jewel on the Master Sword which continue onto the blade, and her waist matches the disk thing just above the jewel on the Master Sword.

Considering this is the model of the TP Master Sword we can only assume it's a direct sequel, I guess.

Did I blow your minds?

Edit: The Zelda thread beat me by an hour getting this photo on, I took it from my bros. Also, am I the only one who thinks Link's shield looks a little too flat and round? I don't see any of the usual designs like the protruding Triforce and surronding designs, it's just flat. Of course, this is just artwork so they were probably just too lazy to draw it on.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Gentlemen, I present to you the infamous Zelda artwork presented at Miyamoto's roundtable

I got it from the Nintendo press site (username and password thanks to my bros)

The theory is that the girl behind Link is the spirit of the Master Sword, and that you will be switch her between this form and the Master Sword depending on the situation (say for combat or puzzles that require two people.)

Her head is the edge of the blade, the green jewel in her chest is on the tip of the handle (just before the blade begins,) the pattern on her legs matches that of the Master Sword's handle, the two yellow lines coming out of the jewel are the same as those extending from the jewel on the Master Sword which continue onto the blade, and her waist matches the disk thing just above the jewel on the Master Sword.

Considering this is the model of the TP Master Sword we can only assume it's a direct sequel, I guess.

Did I blow your minds?
Actually my first thought was "Where's the master sword?" followed immediately by "She must be it."

Then I read your comment.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I am definitely glad that Nintendo is dividing their games into two genres. Mixing core games with noob games just doesn't work. SSBB was sadly headed in that direction. Hopefully, if there is one, SSB4 will fit in the hardcore genre.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I am definitely glad that Nintendo is dividing their games into two genres. Mixing core games with noob games just doesn't work. SSBB was sadly headed in that direction. Hopefully, if there is one, SSB4 will fit in the hardcore genre.
Actually, it works all the time and has highly contributed to their ongoing success. Think Mario and Pokemon. Kirby as well. And Tetris.

Although you'll have to tell me what you mean by core versus beginner.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Edit: The Zelda thread beat me by an hour getting this photo on, I took it from my bros. Also, am I the only one who thinks Link's shield looks a little too flat and round? I don't see any of the usual designs like the protruding Triforce and surronding designs, it's just flat. Of course, this is just artwork so they were probably just too lazy to draw it on.
We actually beat you by about 3-4 weeks. Sorry mang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom